Dahua NVR Push Notifications

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
3 months later?

Though I'm obviously not qualified ..the iDMSS app was made to work with Dahua NVR's. It doesnt work correctly all of the time. They have discontinued the idmss/gdmss app and are now producing a new app via 3rd party simply called DMSS

Do a search on this forum, there are many dozens of threads on this.

Good luck.

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have installed NVR4208-8P-4KS with 4 Dahuas and 4 Milesight cameras. I finally got IVS push messages work to Android gDMSS plus, had to select first nvr->ivs->tripwire->channels I want to get the push from.

Cameras are all connected to external switch so they can see internet and NVR same time. What is odd is push messages do work perfectly via NVR, but when I try from one of the cameras, there is almost no
push messages at all. Maybe one coming now and then, but not all. I don't know if this is relevant as push messages can be received via NVR, but I wonder why it works so less well directly from camera.

And to be clear, push messages work of course only from Dahua cameras.

Keoki

n3wb
Reaction score
I have installed NVR4208-8P-4KS with 4 Dahuas and 4 Milesight cameras. I finally got IVS push messages work to Android gDMSS plus, had to select first nvr->ivs->tripwire->channels I want to get the push from.

Cameras are all connected to external switch so they can see internet and NVR same time. What is odd is push messages do work perfectly via NVR, but when I try from one of the cameras, there is almost no
push messages at all. Maybe one coming now and then, but not all. I don't know if this is relevant as push messages can be received via NVR, but I wonder why it works so less well directly from camera.

And to be clear, push messages work of course only from Dahua cameras.
oh6hfx,
You are using an external switch to connect the cameras, my original question is only about getting push notifications working with Dahua cameras plugged into a Dahua POE NVR as intended by the manufacturer. The external switch solution is the only one that I have found in this forum that seems to be working which is not a satisfactory solution for me being that the cameras were meant to plug directly into the NVR and function correctly.

** If anyone in here has EVER had push notification working on ANY version of iDMSS with Dahua cameras plugged DIRECTLY into the Dahua POE NVR, please list the iDMSS app version number (3.43, 4.91 etc) and NVR firmware (DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.001.0000000.1.R.200319, etc) when you had success and I will install that app version and that firmware version to test functionality. I can have many versions of the app saved locally and can install whichever one worked to my device. **

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
oh6hfx,
You are using an external switch to connect the cameras, my original question is only about getting push notifications working with Dahua cameras plugged into a Dahua POE NVR as intended by the manufacturer. The external switch solution is the only one that I have found in this forum that seems to be working which is not a satisfactory solution for me being that the cameras were meant to plug directly into the NVR and function correctly.
Hi Keoki,

Sorry, my post was not supposed to be a solution/answer to your original question, just added a post in this same thread while didn't want to make a new one, because problem was almost similar. Just that I did not get push directly from camera, but worked perfectly through NVR.

Now, I am having almost a similar situation to yours here at my home "lab". I have spare NVR4104 NVR with IVS, and four Dahua+Hikvision cameras connected. One is 3 years old Dahua with IVS. I have set up IVS rule in NVR and everything seems to be set just the same way than in NVR4208 mentioned in m yearlier post. However, IVS push notification is not coming through NVR whatever I do. It works perfectly if I subscribe directly to the camera!

I have just same experience than you. IVS rule is tripping nicely, records and even alarm buzzer goes and there is a line in a log, but no push.

I also tested traditional motion detection push. Surprisingly, this works! It's just IVS push that is not working.

Keoki

n3wb
Reaction score
Use the search feature at the top right corner.
We aren't good at taking orders.
If you had read my original post at the top of this thread from 2018, you would see that I have exhausted searching this forum and the entire internet for an answer on this. Since then I have also spoken to Dahua USA customer service who also could not answer a simple question on how to make my Dahua Cameras plugged into a Dahua NVR work with notifications as they are designed to do. Since this forum's high recommendations were the reason I went with Dahua in the first place, pardon my asking literally ANY experts on this forum who could easily answer this to please walk me through making this product work after I installed a security system myself for the first time. No one's making orders, but if an entire group is willing to push a brand, it'd be nice to get a little help. Please and thanks with sugar on top. I'd be willing to put a bounty on it or pay for support to fit it. Any pro's want to make a few bucks?

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you had read my original post at the top of this thread from 2018, you would see that I have exhausted searching this forum and the entire internet for an answer on this. Since then I have also spoken to Dahua USA customer service who also could not answer a simple question on how to make my Dahua Cameras plugged into a Dahua NVR work with notifications as they are designed to do. Since this forum's high recommendations were the reason I went with Dahua in the first place, pardon my asking literally ANY experts on this forum who could easily answer this to please walk me through making this product work after I installed a security system myself for the first time. No one's making orders, but if an entire group is willing to push a brand, it'd be nice to get a little help. Please and thanks with sugar on top. I'd be willing to put a bounty on it or pay for support to fit it. Any pro's want to make a few bucks?
See if this helps. It's for android GDmss setup. I had to have 2 different setups on phone. One for at home and one for away from home. The Network examples are the only ones I have enabled on my NVR5216-16P-4ks2. Seems to be mac address for my NVR..I'm looking. ..

Attachments

Last edited:

Keoki

n3wb
Reaction score
See if this helps. It's for android GDmss setup. I had to have 2 different setups on phone. One for at home and one for away from home. The Network examples are the only ones I have enabled on my NVR5216-16P-4ks2. Seems to be mac address for my NVR..I'm looking. ..
Bryan,

Thank you for the info. I checked your photos against my setup and I have some questions for you:
  • You mentioned you have two setups, one for Home and one for Away. Are you getting push notifications to your GDMSS app on both setups currently?
  • I see you are using Dahuaddns, Do I need to enable that? What does it do?
  • In your router, you only have the TCP and RSTP ports forwarded, do we not need the other ones forwarded as well (UDP/HTTP/HTTPS/POS)?
  • Are you able to successfully subscribe to Alarms for the NVR (Push Notifications) in the GDMSS app? I keep getting "Failed To Subscribe" no matter what I do.

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
1. Yes - the only issue is that I have to choose each manually. If I'm at home, I have to pick the NVR internal with the 192.168.1.108 address with live view and get it to work if I have been previously using the other away from home (And vice versa). It won't switch automatically. Try working on the at home setup first using your NVR IP address.
2. I think the Dahua ddns is only for getting email notifications..have other cameras on the same system without it and push notifications work fine.
3. Don't know..not really an expert. Mine works. Think it only gave me the TCP/UDP option.
4. Yes - it has to do that to work. If it doesn't then it means it's not connecting to your NVR. Carefully check the IP addresses & your NVR password. When you set it up on the phone or make changes hit "save" or some disc icon (like mine on the upper right hand).

At home the reason I had to set up the NVR internal was that my phone was using WIFI direct calling over the internet instead of 4G, since our reception was so bad here.

wasabi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dahuaddns is not available for v4 update anymore, scanning the QR code adding it with SN works much better and safer. and no need to add port forwarding.

Best option for you to update to v4 and adding it with SN, > then setting up alerts with motion within the idmss app.

Note IVS will not work if you enable main stream smart codec.

Edit:

There appears to be an iDMSS update and now event my motion notifcations are delayed or sometimes not sending it thru to my iphone.

Anyone had this issue ?

Last edited:

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just for info for anyone else I was always confused as to why I got the "Failed to Subscribe" message when I wasn't signed in as admin. I always thought it best not to have the app signed into the main admin account for security - yes I know all the risks with port forwarding and P2P which I fully accept. However for many people it's just convenience to either have port forward or P2P. Anyway back to the notifications subscriptions.

If you want to use a different account to the main NVR admin account and have notifications then create another account within the NVR Account settings and set the group name as admin but disable all the Authority options except Network Management. Save this and when you now login on the app with the new account details you can subscribe to notifications. If you setup a group name under user you cannot get notifications as there's no way to enable network management for a user. After experimenting with all the options under Authority, it was switching on Network Management which enabled the ability to have notifications on the app. If this is off then you get the Failed to Subscribe message.

Hope the above is helpful to someone.

Edit: Just to add you can use the group User and get notifications but you have to change the Authority permissions for the User group under Groups and make sure Network Management is ticked.

Last edited:

nelgnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Keoki, did you ever get IVS notifications working on DMSS for iPhone?