Dahua NVR Works With Hikvision Cameras?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, they will work under onvif, so some functions may not fully be available or compatible like, motion detection.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From what I've read on many occasions, motion detection not working under certain circumstances is quite normal. That's the most important feature to me.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's done for a reason, so you buy their equipment and only their equipment simple marketing. They won't freely share protocol's

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Unless your seller has setup it up already for you, if you buy Hikvision cameras, use a Hikvision NVR. Hikvision is the worse for talking to other stuff. (Dahua costs more anyway). Get yourself a DS-7604NI-E1/4P to go with your new cameras and it'll be nice and easy.

Chaoscript

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Del Boy,
Thanks for your reply,
I don't need 4 POE as I need more cameras at future,
So what you say about this model DS-7608NI-E2/8P?
It's support for incoming 80Mbps/Outgoing 80Mbps (It will enough?), Support for 6MP cameras,
Support both AF/AT POE Protocls,
The question is, if I can connect the NVR to my router and control it from computer?
Or I MUST connect the NVR to monitor ?

Regards.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
80Mbps is plenty... and I mean plenty.

DS-7608NI-E2/8P is a great choice. It doesn't support 6MP cameras but you are only buying 3 or 4MP ones? Don't try to future proof that far out, it'll just cost you way too much money now. What if in 5 years time you try to get 6MP cameras and they are all ONVIF 3, and not compatible?

You can connect to router and control it from computer. I personally would connect to a monitor when setting up and then use computer to maintain/view/playback.

Chaoscript

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Del Boy,
Frist thanks for your reply,
Second i have heards that nvr with PoEs are get heated, told me that its prefer to use extrenal switch with POE, what you say about it?
Third about the future plans, i dont mean to put 6mp cameras, but about the 4 poe nvr that you offered, i know that i needs more then 4 cameras so I prefer nvr with 8 POE.

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
DS-7608NI-E2/8P has a fan in it.

I'd get an external switch with PoE if it meant I would have significantly smaller cable runs from the cameras (e.g. Switch in loft, all cameras at roof level and NVR in Study). Otherwise built-in PoE is fine.

hamsoplo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm running a dahua hybrid with a couple of hikvision cameras. Motion detection works fine but the settings have to be set in the camera not on nvr.

Chaoscript

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@hamsoplo,
Thanks for your reply,
I said (to my self) if I already invest in product (cameras in this case), so invest a little more and take NVR that support these camera.

Regards.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm running a dahua hybrid with a couple of hikvision cameras. Motion detection works fine but the settings have to be set in the camera not on nvr.
So does the Dahua hybrid have a specific 'Hikvision' choice for adding the cameras, or have you used a generic setting such as ONVIF that includes motion events?

hamsoplo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For the Hikvision cameras I use onvif. Dahua cameras use "private"

Chaoscript

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Someone can help me to make mathematics?
how much each camera needs GB space for 24/7 record at 30FPS/1080P?
There is calculator for this ?
And it's right to configure 30 fps ?

Regards.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You don't really need to run above 15fps as the human eye can't notice the difference, unless you need to slow things down for greater detail at a frame by frame level.

Chaoscript

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's for house guard, how much FPS it's prefer?
And the WD Purple HDD is the best choice for NVRs ?

Regards.

strat

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone using a config the other way around Dahua cams with Hikvison NVR?

Looking at getting a Hikvison NVR but keeping my current Dahua cams for the moment.