dahua nvr4208 8p not finding cameras on poe ports

stockleys

n3wb
Reaction score
hi folks
i am having issues with my nvr and getting the cameras set up.

so i have a fish eye camera that works on the poe ports fine. dont even need to search for it. (shows as private not onvif)
and i have 5 sv3c cameras that CANNOT be found when connected to the poe ports.
if i plug these cameras into an external poe switch, and connect that to my router, i can add the cameras. (showes as onvif)
but this is not why i bought an nvr with a built in poe switch.

all cameras are set to dhcp, the only setting i have had to change on them is from h265 to h264.

i have restored the nvr to factory defaults numerous times, reset the cameras to default numerous times.
im stumped. why can it find one cameras, but none of the others (different brand)

please help me.

fyi, i dont have access to the nvr at all times as its an install for a mate.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
See if this thread helps:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
hi folks
i am having issues with my nvr and getting the cameras set up.

so i have a fish eye camera that works on the poe ports fine. dont even need to search for it. (shows as private not onvif)
and i have 5 sv3c cameras that CANNOT be found when connected to the poe ports.
if i plug these cameras into an external poe switch, and connect that to my router, i can add the cameras. (showes as onvif)
but this is not why i bought an nvr with a built in poe switch.

all cameras are set to dhcp, the only setting i have had to change on them is from h265 to h264.

i have restored the nvr to factory defaults numerous times, reset the cameras to default numerous times.
im stumped. why can it find one cameras, but none of the others (different brand)

please help me.

fyi, i dont have access to the nvr at all times as its an install for a mate.
Hi @stockleys

I'd try static IPs and onvif ... see if that works.

stockleys

n3wb
Reaction score
i have tried static ip's on the cameras and dhcp but no joy.
static or dhcp for main lan makes no difference.

i just find it odd that the fish eye camera works fine with the same settings as the other cameras. (except it shows as private rather than onvif)
yet the 5 other cameras, nope do not show via poe ports

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
'sv3c cameras'

Are dahua cameras? If not they won't play nice unless they're onvif and even then, a sacrifice.

Also is that an older nvr version or a newer one. Older 4208-8p don't play nice with newer cameras.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
There shouldn't be any difference between getting a DHCP from the NVR over POE than a DHCP from a router over a POE switch.

My suggestion would indeed be:
1) enter a fixed IP in the cam whilst being on your home LAN: enter 10.1.1.200.
2) unplug from your home LAN and plug in port #2 (for example)
3) press the + sign on channel 2 (for example) on the monitor connected to the NVR
4) configure ONVIF on 10.1.1.200 with the credentials of that cam

ENJOY!
CC

stockleys

n3wb
Reaction score
No they are not Dahua cameras. They work 100% fine when connected to an external Poe switch. But won’t show up in the search when connected to the internal Poe switch.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
If you do #1 and #2 as @catcamstar suggested and stop there, you should be able to see them in the search.
If you get that far, then we can help get the NVR to communicate with/display them

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
No they are not Dahua cameras. They work 100% fine when connected to an external Poe switch. But won’t show up in the search when connected to the internal Poe switch.
Fine, thanks for the update. Did you actually read any of the posts above, where valuable forum members dedicated some of their valuable time to give you precious advice.

TRY IT OUT.

Thanks.
CC