Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 / NVR5216-16P-4KS2

Thickice

n3wb
Reaction score
How loud is the poe version? I want one but I hate noise

Sirty

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's louder than the non POE version for sure, however, there's a write up on here where the guy replaced the fan with a quieter version he bought off Amazon.

Last edited:

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The "working and then somehow disconnected after half an hour" comment makes me think of conflicting IP addresses. The cameras and the NVR all have their own unique IP addresses?
I bet that's is right there. I can't remember for sure thou... does the nvr come with a static 192.168.1.108 ip address as well as the cameras?

Sirty

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, the NVR comes with a static 192.168.1.108 as well. Get that up and running first, change the IP, then bring the cameras on one by one.

Frogg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The "working and then somehow disconnected after half an hour" comment makes me think of conflicting IP addresses. The cameras and the NVR all have their own unique IP addresses?
Addresses all reserved in your router?

Dxue

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, i have given every device its own ip and made sure in the router to make it a static address. It works fine with tiny cam pro on my phone and on smartpss on the pc. I can adjust the settings of every camera with smartpss too. It is only that the nvr doesn't want to connect to the camera's at all at the moment. Only one camera can connect when i am lucky for a little while which i have no clue why that one suddenly works out of the blue.
The only thing i changed in the camera's are the ip address and turned on upnp for the port forwarding. Every device is accessible through the plugin with chrome and ie.

Oh the nvr does discover the camera's just fine, everything shows up with green lights, their own correct ip and everything, but as soon as i add them it stays disconnected, even after i made sure that the login is correct. Is there anything i am forgetting in the settings except for changing the login information?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok you said you are viewing through Smart Pss? with zero issues. Did you Add the nvr to smart Pss or are you viewing cams separately ? If you did it should look something like this. -------->
nvr.jpg

You will see the NVr and be able to click and view the cams. If you cannot view the cams this way (Through The NVR) then you might have a issue with the NVR. If you can view this way, I would like one more time for a screen shot of your NVR Display settings.

Will look something like this.

display.jpg

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The only thing i changed in the camera's are the ip address and turned on upnp for the port forwarding. Every device is accessible through the plugin with chrome and ie.
Can you try leaving uPNP off for a little bit, just as a test? There have been a few cases where when it was enabled, the cameras were quickly discovered and attempted to be accessed from the Internet. If some script on the Internet is trying to access them and is guessing at the passwords, I think it can lock out the camera for a period of time.

Dxue

n3wb
Reaction score
i can watch the camera's with smart pss working as an nvr. the nvr itself is not added. I do have to say, my smart pss looks completely different than yours. could that be the difference in international and normal version?
smart pss.jpg
I enter the nvr through the add on, as you can see in the screenshot.
nvr.png

what i can see is that it connecting through an internal ip address. I will turn off the upnp and try accessing the camera's again. But as you can see, one camera is working and the settings are the same as for the other camera's

edit: just adding the camera 4th camera and show the live tab.
somehow only 1 works, while i added the working one again later. but i will turn off upnp now and try the way that techbill suggested

Last edited:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
i can watch the camera's with smart pss working as an nvr. the nvr itself is not added. I do have to say, my smart pss looks completely different than yours. could that be the difference in international and normal version?
View attachment 20997
I enter the nvr through the add on, as you can see in the screenshot.
View attachment 20996

what i can see is that it connecting through an internal ip address. I will turn off the upnp and try accessing the camera's again. But as you can see, one camera is working and the settings are the same as for the other camera's

Try this, disable upnp on all of the cameras.

Once you get all of the camera working on NVR then only enable upnp on NVR and add the NVR as device on your third party software or apps.

But on some apps, you may to add NVR more than once and assign channel and stream for reach camera you want to access via NVR.

Example 3,2 will add camera on channel 3 using sub-stream to the app manager.

If your using SmartPSS then you do not need to add channel,stream since it will already list all the cameras for you to choose from you after you add the NVR in its device manager.

Dxue

n3wb
Reaction score
Try this, disable upnp on all of the cameras.

Once you get all of the camera working on NVR then only enable upnp on NVR and add the NVR as device on your third party software or apps.

But on some apps, you may to add NVR more than once and assign channel and stream for reach camera you want to access via NVR.

Example 3,2 will add camera on channel 3 using sub-stream to the app manager.

If your using SmartPSS then you do not need to add channel,stream since it will already list all the cameras for you to choose from you after you add the NVR in its device manager.
OMG, I'm not sure if shutting off the upnp in the camera did the trick or getting the ip through dhcp was the problem, but the nvr is connected to all 4 camera's!
Smartpss is also showing all 4 just fine. I am now only left with the challenge to connect to the nvr on my phone. the nvr is connected, but it only shows 1 stream. not sure which settings i need to have to get tiny cam pro to work. I will try opening upnp again and see if it still connects to the nvr fine or i need to google and find out how the nvr can be added properly on tinycam. Thanks everyone :)

edit update: I just enabled upnp again and everything looked like it was working fine. i restarted the nvr and it didn't connect to any camera. I guess the nvr doesn't like the upnp function of the camera's and i am stuck with figuring out how tinycam can see all the streams from the nvr. Also weird is how smartpss doesn't show the upnp tab for the camera or the nvr. I need to log in using the plugin for that

Last edited:

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is using the Dahua smartphone app to view the cameras an option?
Would recommend this as well. Did use IP Cam Viewer before. Now I'm only using iDMSS to connect to my NVR and see all cams. The ones which weren't Dahua yet have been added with onvif to the NVR. But step by step everything is going to be Dahua now

Dxue

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, i just tried the app gdmss lite and it works well if you only need to watch the streams. I cannot zoom in or out. And the app gives me a way lower quality than tiny cam pro. Great when you need to watch your data limit, but not handy if you want to record the stream. For now i guess i am stuck with the dahua app, it is not the greatest, but it will have to do

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you change the channel numbers in Tiny cam? Nvr cam 1=channel 1,nvr cam 2=channel 2 etc.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, i just tried the app gdmss lite and it works well if you only need to watch the streams. I cannot zoom in or out. And the app gives me a way lower quality than tiny cam pro. Great when you need to watch your data limit, but not handy if you want to record the stream. For now i guess i am stuck with the dahua app, it is not the greatest, but it will have to do
I use iDMSS Plus and I could zoom in and out using two finger pitch or expand on the screen. Also I could move it around with one finger after I zoom it in.

Bill

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you change the channel numbers in Tiny cam? Nvr cam 1=channel 1,nvr cam 2=channel 2 etc.

I just download the TinyCam to my tablet to try it out and see if I could get it working. So far I set up to the NVR ip address and it find the NVR channel 1 fine but it kept prompting me for the username and password every time I try to open live view. When I entered the info both NVR or Camera, it keep prompting username and password.

What setting are you using when setting up to connect the NVR? I found the channel setting in the advanced menu but what brand and camera did you select to make it work?

Thank you
Bill

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just download the TinyCam to my tablet to try it out and see if I could get it working. So far I set up to the NVR ip address and it find the NVR channel 1 fine but it kept prompting me for the username and password every time I try to open live view. When I entered the info both NVR or Camera, it keep prompting username and password.

What setting are you using when setting up to connect the NVR? I found the channel setting in the advanced menu but what brand and camera did you select to make it work?

Thank you
Bill
I added a separate user account on the nvr called tiny cam and used that to log in with the tablet. Don't know if that made a difference or not, but it doesn't ask for password whenever I open it up. I used Dahua brand and 3200C. I have 5 different Dahua model cams and that worked for all of them.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I added a separate user account on the nvr called tiny cam and used that to log in with the tablet. Don't know if that made a difference or not, but it doesn't ask for password whenever I open it up. I used Dahua brand and 3200C. I have 5 different Dahua model cams and that worked for all of them.

Adding a separate username and password in NVR did the trick.

Thank you!

Bill

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I just downloaded TinyCam and I was able to set it up with the help of @BillG here.

Here how you get it working on TinyCam Pro. Again upnp should be disabled on all camera but enabled upnp only on NVR.

In NVR

Create a separate account in your NVR with a username and password

In TinyPro

Go to Manage Camera then Add (plus icon)

Camera name - Any name of your choosing example front door, garage etc

Camera Vendor - Dahua

Camera Model - SD222047-GN

Hostname/ IP address - domainname or ip address to your NVR (not camera's)

Web port number - 37777 (if you plan to access remotely, it need to be at port 37777)

Protocol - RTSP over TCP

RTSP port number - 554

Username / Password - the username and password you recently created in the NVR.

Advanced settings - (under other) - Channel number - (enter camera channel here)

You will repeat the step above adding camera in TinyPro for each camera but set a different channel in advance settings.

Hope this helps