Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 / NVR5216-16P-4KS2

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
nice, i was swiping the wrong row.
the only problem left is figuring out how to use the zoom function for the camera's other than channel 1. even with smartpss it always zooming camera 1
With the actual firmware of the NVR I've got the same problem with my PTZ cams. I could only control the one which is recognized first by the NVR. If I select another channel in iDMSS oder SmartPSS, always this specific cam is controlled.

Last edited:

HDC

n3wb
Reaction score
Does this NVR integrate easily with any cloud services? i.e. Motion Detected -> upload video clip to the cloud

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would say it does. But seems it was removed with the firmware version from April. I couldn't find it anymore.

HDC

n3wb
Reaction score
I would say it does. But seems it was removed with the firmware version from April. I couldn't find it anymore.
Thanks.. Sad to hear that. seems like an important thing.. can anyone else confirm?

Dxue

n3wb
Reaction score
Does this NVR integrate easily with any cloud services? i.e. Motion Detected -> upload video clip to the cloud
don't pin me on this, but
Thanks.. Sad to hear that. seems like an important thing.. can anyone else confirm?
I need to know where to look for that. I did something like that in the smart pss software,not in the nvr yet. I still need to figure out how to use all those extra functions.

HDC

n3wb
Reaction score
For backup to cloud service:
Looking at the manual here, seems like the feature is part of the "Easy Space".. Can anyone confirm this?

upload_2017-8-25_9-56-53.png

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For backup to cloud service:
Looking at the manual here, seems like the feature is part of the "Easy Space".. Can anyone confirm this?

View attachment 21222
Yep, right. And then you could configure it also for snapshots to upload 'em. Video wasn't also possible before.
Now these options are missing. So you might keep the firmware of 2016-07.

HDC

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep, right. And then you could configure it also for snapshots to upload 'em. Video wasn't also possible before.
Now these options are missing. So you might keep the firmware of 2016-07.
Interesting.. Can you elaborate on "Video wasn't also possible before"? Are you say only an image could be uploaded, but not a video clip?
Is there a chanelog available anywhere for the firmware?

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Interesting.. Can you elaborate on "Video wasn't also possible before"? Are you say only an image could be uploaded, but not a video clip?
Is there a chanelog available anywhere for the firmware?
Right, only snapshots could be uploaded to cloud with firmware until 2016-07. The firmware from 2017-04 does support a lot new features but also misses some things like cloud upload, cluster function, and at the moment I'm not able to control more than one PTZ, which is connected to the NVR, with an app like SmartPSS or iDMSS.
I opened a thread for new things people find in the new firmware. I think you could take the release notes from the NVR4xxx series, which should be most equal to the NVR5xxx. But at the moment it seems Dahua is still stuck with the 2016-07 firmware. So I don't know what you'll get if you order one right now…

TaGosa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ordered 5216-16P-4KS2 and six IPC-HDW4231EM-AS from Andy. I will also order two 40x40x10mm fans, WD 4T purple, roll of cat6 cables, crimp connectors etc. Camera will connect directly to NVR and NVR will connect to router which connects to ISP modem.

How do I stop NVR accessing the net (outside world)? Should I disable it using access control on the router (my router allows that), is there any other way too (i.e. in NVR)? I read in some thread on how to do it (remove DNS perhaps, but that will not stop direct ip address access originating from NVR).

Does NVR need to access NTP (if yes, then I will have to run it somewhere on same network as NVR)?

Is there any issue if I change admin password, I am assuming that obviously it is a good practice to change password?

Any other important thing on NVR/Cmaera security wise?

Thanks

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I believe if you set the nvr for static IP addressing and give it a bogus gateway address it won't be able to get to the outside world. (This assumes there isn't code in there to search out the gateway when given a bogus address).

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I believe if you set the nvr for static IP addressing and give it a bogus gateway address it won't be able to get to the outside world. (This assumes there isn't code in there to search out the gateway when given a bogus address).
That's what I did on my cameras. Just make sure the IP address is outside the DHCP range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I blocked my nvr and all cams in the router. Not a network guy so don't know if it's better, worse, same as the bogus gateway method. But I know it works cuz I blocked a tablet and when I tried to get online with it I got a pop-up saying the router blocked internet access. There's a setting in the nvr to uncheck ntp.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I blocked my nvr and all cams in the router. Not a network guy so don't know if it's better, worse, same as the bogus gateway method. But I know it works cuz I blocked a tablet and when I tried to get online with it I got a pop-up saying the router blocked internet access. There's a setting in the nvr to uncheck ntp.
Probably better that way. What are you using for a time server? Your router?

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Probably better that way. What are you using for a time server? Your router?

Nothing. Been a few months now and the time's still good. Not really concerned if the time drifts a few seconds.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have parent controls in router blocking access to internet on my NVR and all cameras 24/7. My NAS is my NTP server.

HDC

n3wb
Reaction score
With the latest firmware, are ftp or other upload options available?

Right, only snapshots could be uploaded to cloud with firmware until 2016-07. The firmware from 2017-04 does support a lot new features but also misses some things like cloud upload, cluster function, and at the moment I'm not able to control more than one PTZ, which is connected to the NVR, with an app like SmartPSS or iDMSS.
I opened a thread for new things people find in the new firmware. I think you could take the release notes from the NVR4xxx series, which should be most equal to the NVR5xxx. But at the moment it seems Dahua is still stuck with the 2016-07 firmware. So I don't know what you'll get if you order one right now…

slowhand23

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I thought I read a thread that mentioned push notifications with gDMSS Plus or IDMSS Plus didn't work with the new firmware, anyone else having issues?