Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 / NVR5216-16P-4KS2

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm. Your camera and NVR are setup exactly how mine where when they were recording 24/7 & IVS. :/

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you play back your video, does it show the IVS lines (tripwire, intrusion, etc) on the screen? Have you found an instance where you can see the IVS lines actually being tripped (where they flash blue/red)?

TheSuperServer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This seems to be problematic on my NVR5216-4KS2. I can check ALL, save it, come back in, and it will only show Sun. again. For some reason, it won't save the change.
It's only suppose to show that day it just copies the setting from that day to all days or what every days you check.

TheSuperServer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you play back your video, does it show the IVS lines (tripwire, intrusion, etc) on the screen? Have you found an instance where you can see the IVS lines actually being tripped (where they flash blue/red)?
I turned off the visuals of the IVS lines but I found instances where it is tripping but it does not reflect on the recording bar.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
zoom in, it proabibly is but the event is too small to be seen zoomed out.. you can also click the lil expander on the right hand side in SmartPSS 2.0 and open a file listing of events

TheSuperServer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is zoomed into 30min. I was able to get it to do motion but had to setup motion through NVR. But can't get it to show IVS and can't seem to set it from NVR as someone said that's an issue right now too or am I doing something wrong?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
It is zoomed into 30min. I was able to get it to do motion but had to setup motion through NVR. But can't get it to show IVS and can't seem to set it from NVR as someone said that's an issue right now too or am I doing something wrong?
No, you're not doing anything wrong trying the IVS setup. It's a compatibility issue between the NVR and camera. My older Chinese Dahua cameras will do the IVS setup from the NVR, the newer ones won't. I just set up IVS directly on the cameras. The big downside is that you can't use the "Record Channel" setting.

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
After one and a half months I have experienced my first random reboot with symbol 0x06f as @aristobrat reported.

nvr5216-4ks2-reboot.jpg

Auto Restart is set to "Never".

nvr5216-4ks2-maintenance.jpg

@EMPIRETECANDY could you please if you haven't already forward this issue to Dahua since there is no wiki article indicating what a 0x06f reboot symbol means. I am monitoring this closely now and will report back if it happens again.

Deali

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You have everything enabled, so the chance of an error which occur somewhere is very big. Continuous is working, we can see, just switch off everything and then enable only Motion. If that is working then test Continuous and Motion, then switch off everything and test only IVS.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
All forms of RAID are absolutely worthless for IP Video Surveillance anyhow..

If you require redundancy and high availability; you can setup a hotspare NVR and cluster them, or just redundantly record to more than one recorder.. works so much better.
Did you test the cluster function yet? I'm interested if this will operate in heterogeneous environments. So did anybody try to cluster e.g. a NVR5216 with a NVR4116? Might be a cheap, hidden backup solution. I've got the NVR5232-P-4KS2 in my rack. So I'm interested in hiding a cheaper NVR as a backup solution somewhere else.

gader

n3wb
Reaction score
On NVR4216 I had perfect 4K-UHD picture on my Sony KD55X8507CS via HDMI cable. The menu looked like as below.

Now I have NVR4216-4KS2 and when I chose resolution 3840x2160@30fps I get No Signal info on a TV screen (same Sony TV). The menu for NVR4216-4KS2 looks like as below

I consider replacing NVR4216-4KS2 for NVR5216-4KS2. Can anybody attach screenshot how display menu for NVR5216-4KS2 looks like? And of course does it show 4K-UHD picture on a smart TV?

Reaction score
After one and a half months I have experienced my first random reboot with symbol 0x06f as @aristobrat reported.

View attachment 16761

Auto Restart is set to "Never".

View attachment 16763

@EMPIRETECANDY could you please if you haven't already forward this issue to Dahua since there is no wiki article indicating what a 0x06f reboot symbol means. I am monitoring this closely now and will report back if it happens again.
I received this same error today, right at the same time an intrusion alert happened. When I tried playing back the video of only about 10 seconds length, it seemed to 'loop' forever.

Just updated the only cam (5231R-Z) I have setup so far to the latest firmware. I went from PAL to NTSC in the upgrade. Will need to keep an eye on this.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did you test the cluster function yet? I'm interested if this will operate in heterogeneous environments. So did anybody try to cluster e.g. a NVR5216 with a NVR4116? Might be a cheap, hidden backup solution. I've got the NVR5232-P-4KS2 in my rack. So I'm interested in hiding a cheaper NVR as a backup solution somewhere else.
@nayr : Did you try the cluster functionality, yet? Dunno if you still have your 4216 or already sold it.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you'd be better off just recording to both NVR's at the same time, the cluster is more for having an active hotspare.. and why not just record to it too

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
you'd be better off just recording to both NVR's at the same time, the cluster is more for having an active hotspare.. and why not just record to it too
Well maybe you're right. If the 5232-16P has an outage the cams on the PoE ports will be down also, so it doesn't matter if there's a clustered NVR :rolleyes:

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
These are the settings
Did you ever get IVS to trigger recordings on your NVR?

I enabled IVS on two cameras last night, and even though the settings (both on the camera and the NVR) mirrored other cameras where IVS was recording properly, IVS from those two cameras wouldn't record.

Power went out at the house this afternoon, and when everything booted back up, the NVR all of a sudden started recording IVS events from the cameras where it hadn't been working... Go figure...