Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 / NVR5216-16P-4KS2

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
you'd be better off just recording to both NVR's at the same time, the cluster is more for having an active hotspare.. and why not just record to it too
Do you still have your 4216 to test the cluster? There is something I'm interested in with the feature. I couldn't record to both if I use the build in PoE because of the other subnet. So I Must connect a Router to the PoE or maybe it'll work with cluster. But I don't wanna waste money with another NVR if it doesn't work.

ChooChooman74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any word on if Dahua is getting a fix for this IVS issue? I would assume that 5XXX series NVRs have this issue, no matter the amount of drives or channels?? I am testing and putting together a system for my friend's shop, and was hoping to have tripwire trigger a PTZ. I guess I can find a workaround somehow. Next step up would be a 608 Series NVR, I assume?

Last edited:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you still have your 4216 to test the cluster? There is something I'm interested in with the feature. I couldn't record to both if I use the build in PoE because of the other subnet. So I Must connect a Router to the PoE or maybe it'll work with cluster. But I don't wanna waste money with another NVR if it doesn't work.
no i dont, never had a reason to test it sorry..

gader

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you tried to connect NRV 5216-4KS2 to smart TV via HDMI UHD-4K@30fps or @60fps. Did it worked? On my Sony KD55X8507CS I got >No Signal< info.

I’m using >HDMI Cable v2.0 Premium 3D 4K Ultra HD ARC CES 2160p Lead 60Hz<.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is this a new NVR? I was surprised at how long this NVR takes to boot up before it puts a signal out.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did you tried to connect NRV 5216-4KS2 to smart TV via HDMI UHD-4K@30fps or @60fps. Did it worked? On my Sony KD55X8507CS I got >No Signal< info.

I’m using >HDMI Cable v2.0 Premium 3D 4K Ultra HD ARC CES 2160p Lead 60Hz<.
Have a 5208-8P-4KS2 hooked up to an inexpensive Avera 4K monitor. Works great in all modes, (1080p, 4K @ 30, 4k @ 60). No issues.

Avera 49EQX10 49-Inch 2160p 4K LED Television - Black-Newegg.com

It's not a Panasonic KURO, is it?

SD

ekh321

n3wb
Reaction score
I need help. I finally got my 5316 non POE, bought a POE switch which was recommended on this forum and I got my cameras (Starlight 5231). I installed my WD purple 4tb with no problem and the system starts up fine. I plugged my camera via CAT6 to my switch, I have another CAT6 cable that connects my NVR to the switch and then the switch is connected to my router. I can't get my NVR to recognize the camera at all. What am I doing wrong? Thank you!

ChooChooman74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I need help. I finally got my 5316 non POE, bought a POE switch which was recommended on this forum and I got my cameras (Starlight 5231). I installed my WD purple 4tb with no problem and the system starts up fine. I plugged my camera via CAT6 to my switch, I have another CAT6 cable that connects my NVR to the switch and then the switch is connected to my router. I can't get my NVR to recognize the camera at all. What am I doing wrong? Thank you!
You didn't mention any configurations. Did you assign a unique IP address to both on the same subnet? I also like to create 2 additional accounts on my cameras. 1 being my own Admin account and 2nd being an account that the NVR logs into.

ekh321

n3wb
Reaction score
You didn't mention any configurations. Did you assign a unique IP address to both on the same subnet? I also like to create 2 additional accounts on my cameras. 1 being my own Admin account and 2nd being an account that the NVR logs into.
ChooChooman74, thank you for replying. I haven't touched anything. I literally just plugged everything in and signed on with the default admin account.

ChooChooman74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ChooChooman74, thank you for replying. I haven't touched anything. I literally just plugged everything in and signed on with the default admin account.
Every Dahua product that I got has an IP Address of 192.168.1.108. I would try and make a range of IP addresses for your cameras and just keep a list handy. For me, cameras are 192.168.1.110 and up on my network. Anything computer/server/NAS related, I assign 192.168.1.10 to 99. Anything DHCP is assigned 192.168.0.xxx. Of course, I had to change my subnet mask to 255.255.254.0 for the extra IPs. I don't need that many IPs, I just feel it is easier to keep track of things.

ekh321

n3wb
Reaction score
Every Dahua product that I got has an IP Address of 192.168.1.108. I would try and make a range of IP addresses for your cameras and just keep a list handy. For me, cameras are 192.168.1.110 and up on my network. Anything computer/server/NAS related, I assign 192.168.1.10 to 99. Anything DHCP is assigned 192.168.0.xxx. Of course, I had to change my subnet mask to 255.255.254.0 for the extra IPs. I don't need that many IPs, I just feel it is easier to keep track of things.
ChooChooman74, forgive me for my ignorance. As I understand your reply above, I need to reassign IP addresses for my cameras in order for the DVR to find them when I click "Device Search"?

ChooChooman74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ChooChooman74, forgive me for my ignorance. As I understand your reply above, I need to reassign IP addresses for my cameras in order for the DVR to find them when I click "Device Search"?
Yes. Everything on your network has to have its own unique IP address. And, needs to be on the same subnet to view each other. 1st of all, how are you viewing your NVR at the moment? Browser? Monitor plugged directly into the NVR? That will help us figure out what you need to do to get you going. Also, might as well throw in the IP address of your computer, so we can help assign IPs to your equipment. I am guessing that you are pretty novice at networking?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I need to reassign IP addresses for my cameras in order for the DVR to find them when I click "Device Search"?
Yes to ^^^^^.

All cameras come from the factory with the same IP address (192.168.1.108).

You can't have multiple devices with the same IP address on the same network at the same time. Well, .. you can, but they won't work.

So you'll have to plug in the cameras one-at-a-time and give each of them their own unique IP address.

ChooChooman74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would add, start with the NVR first Assign it to an IP address on your subnet. IE if your computer address is 192.168.1.xxx, assign an address the same way, not conflicting with any other equipment on your network. Then you can plug in one camera at a time, have the NVR discover the camera, and then change the IP address through the NVR. Not sure what complications you could have if you're on a totally different subnet, like a 10.10.xxx.xxx... Maybe someone else can chime in??

ekh321

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes. Everything on your network has to have its own unique IP address. And, needs to be on the same subnet to view each other. 1st of all, how are you viewing your NVR at the moment? Browser? Monitor plugged directly into the NVR? That will help us figure out what you need to do to get you going. Also, might as well throw in the IP address of your computer, so we can help assign IPs to your equipment. I am guessing that you are pretty novice at networking?
Thank you all for your help. Yes, I have no knowledge of networking. Sorry. I have a monitor directly plugged into the DVR. Where do I find my IP address to my computer?

Deali

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
And if you try to rearrange the IP-adresses please disconnect everything from the switch. Only your Computer should be connected to the switch. Then connect the first camera into the switch and modify the IP, then the next and so on.
Let us know the IP of your PC. It would be easiest if it starts with 192.168.1.
If you dont have a PC then start with the NVR alone on the switch. Put a monitor on it and in the setup change it´s IP from 192.168.1.108 to (example) 192.168.1.100 Then plug in the first camera and you should see it.

ChooChooman74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you all for your help. Yes, I have no knowledge of networking. Sorry. I have a monitor directly plugged into the DVR. Where do I find my IP address to my computer?
Network Properties under Settings. All depending on which operating system. Easier yet, do you know the IP Address of your router when you configured it? As @Deali stated, if it is a 192.168.1.X address, it will be easiest to configure.

ChooChooman74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Edit Delete that IP address above out of your post.
I see your private IP is 10.0.1.xxx. So, not 100% sure how this works with this. Not sure if you put the NVR on a 10.0.1.xxx subnet if it will find a camera at 192.168.1.108. Someone who has done that before can weigh in??? I am not in the position right now to test it out.