Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 / NVR5216-16P-4KS2

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i have nvr 5216-16p ..did i disable cameras calling home if i disable on router port forwarding ?

Deali

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You can do change the NVR to the 10. network. After you log in to your NVR with the Monitor attached there is a tab called "Setting"
Click that and then on the left side click "Network" and then "Tcp/ip"
Put in 10.0.1.100 under IP Address and 10.0.1.1 for Default Gateway
Then save it. But as i said, remove everything from the switch. if it has doubel ip´s it might run crazy.
On your PC go to Internet Explorer and key in the adress of the NVR, 10.0.1.100
If it will see it it will be a good point to continue.

ekh321

n3wb
Reaction score
You can do change the NVR to the 10. network. After you log in to your NVR with the Monitor attached there is a tab called "Setting"
Click that and then on the left side click "Network" and then "Tcp/ip"
Put in 10.0.1.100 under IP Address and 10.0.1.1 for Default Gateway
Then save it. But as i said, remove everything from the switch. if it has doubel ip´s it might run crazy.
On your PC go to Internet Explorer and key in the adress of the NVR, 10.0.1.100
If it will see it it will be a good point to continue.
Yes! Now I see the first camera. Do I change the IP on this camera?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChooChooman74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes! Now I see the first camera. Do I change the IP on this camera?

Yes. There is a way to change the IP address of the camera through the NVR. Change it to your 10 network ending in 101. Repeat with the next camera to 102..etc

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Deali

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Great, can you reach the NVR from the PC, i mean can you log in from the IE Browser to the NVR? It is strange that you can see a camera from the NVR because the Camera has still an adress of 192.168.1.108
What have you done so far?

ekh321

n3wb
Reaction score
Great, can you reach the NVR from the PC, i mean can you log in from the IE Browser to the NVR? It is strange that you can see a camera from the NVR because the Camera has still an adress of 192.168.1.108
What have you done so far?
I typed in that address and it brought me to a webpage that says "Web Service" and is asking for a user ID and password

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is strange that you can see a camera from the NVR because the Camera has still an adress of 192.168.1.108
OK, glad I wasn't the only one thinking that. :) Wonder if the NVR runs multiple IPs on its NIC just to be able to see the 192.168.1.xxx network for situations like this?

ChooChooman74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is why I wasn't sure what was going to happen when changing the NVR to a 10.0.1.xxx IP. But, if it can still see an IP, that would be great to know if I ever come across this situation during an install.

ekh321

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes. There is a way to change the IP address of the camera through the NVR. Change it to your 10 network ending in 101. Repeat with the next camera to 102..etc

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
I changed the IP Address like you said and it still says cannot connect

variant2

n3wb
Reaction score
My network is on 10.1.10.x IP and all I do to connect to a new camera is manually change the IP of my computer.

On my Mac, I change my Ethernet connection from DHCP to manual, use an IP other than 192.168.1.108, match the subnet mask and use 192.168.1.1 for gateway (not sure if needed) and I'm able to connect to the new cameras.

JasonA-EV

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a suuuppper long time lurker and now I'm putting a system together but I thought I would ask a question or two. I currently have a Dahua setup at my house (FLIR NVR but all Dahua cams) and I'm thinking about getting this model DHI-NVR52A16-16P-4KS2 What's the difference with the "A" in the middle?

Thanks!

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a suuuppper long time lurker and now I'm putting a system together but I thought I would ask a question or two. I currently have a Dahua setup at my house (FLIR NVR but all Dahua cams) and I'm thinking about getting this model DHI-NVR52A16-16P-4KS2 What's the difference with the "A" in the middle?

Thanks!
@EMPIRETECANDY, might you know the answer to this question?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here's a 46 second video with quite a few examples of how the iframe issue when the NVR starts a new file for an IVS event can be a PITA. To make this, I clipped the video and exported as DAVs from the NVR (original format), used Handbrake to convert them into MP4s, and then edited them in iMovie. Ugh. :)

I think even Stevie Wonder could see where my IVS Intrusion Detection boxes are based on all of the damn flashes in this video. lol

Last edited:

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Here's a 46 second video with quite a few examples of how the iframe issue when the NVR starts a new file for an IVS event can be a PITA.
Thanks for posting this video. Mine does exactly the same thing with exported video. When playing back from the NVR or smartPss, there's just a gap instead of the white flashes.

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone running the NVR5416-4KS2?

I'm looking to add more cameras to the house (perhaps up to 12 in total) and two more WD Purples to my PC running Blue Iris. This might push be over the SATA ports on the motherboard and available disk trays on the case. So I might have to build/buy a dedicated CCTV PC or get an NVR...

Guessing the NVR5416-4KS2 is the same internals as the NVR5216-4KS2 but just 0.5U's taller?

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this video. Mine does exactly the same thing with exported video. When playing back from the NVR or smartPss, there's just a gap instead of the white flashes.
I've no flashing, only gaps after export. Curious there doesn't seem to be a gap while watching locally. Watching with WebUi and Export there a gap. But for now I only had MD and no IVS turned on.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Guessing the NVR5416-4KS2 is the same internals as the NVR5216-4KS2 but just 0.5U's taller?
It's not going to be the same circuit board. The 5216-4ks2's board doesn't have any spare sata ports or alarm I/Os, or as I remember, any unstuffed components. These things have every tenth of a cent of manufacturing cost squeezed out of them. I'd expect that the circuitry is darn close to identical, and that the firmware is the same. Than means you get to share all of the 5216's bugs :-( (And the good things, too).