Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 / NVR5216-16P-4KS2

Talos77

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this issue with the missing footage is limited to the 5xxx series or does the 4xxx series also have the issue? I've been looking at buying a 5208-4KS2 for my new home but am now considering the 4208-4KS2 if it doesn't suffer from this issue...

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

3-phase

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this issue with the missing footage is limited to the 5xxx series or does the 4xxx series also have the issue? I've been looking at buying a 5208-4KS2 for my new home but am now considering the 4208-4KS2 if it doesn't suffer from this issue...
I have an NVR4416-4K that suffers from the same issue. It drops frames on motion events between the opening and closing of the file. I do not have any reboot issues but also I do not use IVS at all. My NVR uses external alarm inputs and motion detection for the channels that do not have some kind of hard wired alarm setup.

Andy is shipping me the NVR5432-4ks2 this week as I have more than 16 cameras now. I will be able to compare the two side by side. I also run 128GB SD memory in all of my cameras set to record 24/7 so I can easily recover non-choppy video if I need it within 3 days.

One of my goals for later this year is a backup NVR stored in a very strange location that will just record 24/7 with no events so the dropped frames really are not a huge concern for me. Maybe an NVR5232-4ks2 with two 8TB drives. We'll see.

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well that's a bit of a concern. I was set to put money down on one of these in the next day or two but if this is a preexisting issue on a previous model/generation then I can't see Dahua looking to fix it now.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Well that's a bit of a concern. I was set to put money down on one of these in the next day or two but if this is a preexisting issue on a previous model/generation then I can't see Dahua looking to fix it now.
The question is Dahua aware of the issues, we not buying it from one of their authorized dealer and perhaps none of the customer that buy from authorized dealer aren't aware of this issue so it never get reported

Major of authorized dealer customers aren't like us, know every detail of tech products we buy. Pretty much all of thier customer probably just buy and had it installed by dealer then never again see dealer unless the camera is non functioning

TheSuperServer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My 12tb are all used up does it automatically overwrite oldest data, and is there a setting to enable/disable that?

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys
Can somebody tell me how much power would nvr5216-16p with 2 HDD and 3 PoE cameras use? I am trying to size a UPS to keep it going in case of power failure.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
The question is Dahua aware of the issues, we not buying it from one of their authorized dealer and perhaps none of the customer that buy from authorized dealer aren't aware of this issue so it never get reported

Major of authorized dealer customers aren't like us, know every detail of tech products we buy. Pretty much all of thier customer probably just buy and had it installed by dealer then never again see dealer unless the camera is non functioning
They are very well aware of some of the issues, one of the reasons that Nellys dumped the Dahua line. I have worked with the dealers on this even remoting into my systems to check things. you are correct that most installers just set the systems up to record 24/7 and call it a day and the customers are not even aware of the features that they have. If you show them that Yellow motion line its over and they want it and when they see its dropping frames they want to know why. I do like the features but have switched to IVS because of that issue.

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi guys
Can somebody tell me how much power would nvr5216-16p with 2 HDD and 3 PoE cameras use? I am trying to size a UPS to keep it going in case of power failure.
I have a 5216 with no built in POE and 2 x 4 TB WD drives, 10 cameras, a wifi router, POE switch, and cable modem all drawing ~70w.

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cool. So about 80w.
Do you think something like Cyberpower BRIC-LCD 1000VA will be ok to cover similar setup for 1 hour? It has 1x 12v 9Ah battery.

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a 1400 VA and it claims it can go 1 hr 45 min. You should be able to find ups runtime calculators online.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, on their site the calculator says 60min @ 60w. Will have to put everything together in my enclosure and see how much it draws in total. Thanks

Mlda

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All forms of RAID are absolutely worthless for IP Video Surveillance anyhow..

If you require redundancy and high availability; you can setup a hotspare NVR and cluster them, or just redundantly record to more than one recorder.. works so much better.
I'm a newbie, so please be patient.

How can I redundantly record to two NVRs at the same time with the same group of cameras? How do I wire the system?

Do the motion detection zones I create, schedules, etc. work with the two NVRs and the same cameras without any issues?

Thanks in advance.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm a newbie, so please be patient.

How can I redundantly record to two NVRs at the same time with the same group of cameras? How do I wire the system?

Do the motion detection zones I create, schedules, etc. work with the two NVRs and the same cameras without any issues?

Thanks in advance.
I've ordered a second NVR for a colleague and will test the cluster functionality as soon it arrives after my holidays. Probably mid of June. If it works fine I'll order a second NVR for me. At first I'll test the interoperability of different models in Cluster.
I've got a NVR5232-16P-4KS2 and now ordered a NVR4116 to test if the slave device will get the stream from the cams which are hidden behind the POE ports.
If you don't have build in PoE you could configure each NVR on its own to grab your cameras feeds.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Damn, there comes a new model which I would have chosen if i knew it a few weeks before... NVR5224-24P-4KS2 is rack mountable, for the guys who are interested in rack mounting like me... until now I could not find any info about the overall PoE power budget. But looks very nice to me... maybe @EMPIRETECANDY could get a price and some more info for this model...

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How many cameras do you have? I thought 16 was an overkill...