Dahua old 16 channel NVR with 2017 firmware and new SmartPSS

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sorry, being lazy here, just decided to try installing latest release SmartPSS, I know, I know!!! stupid idea with an old 16 channel NVR.

Now, it picks up cameras and NVR, no previous recordings showing and when accessing NVR config, just one camera shows up!! is this expected and should I revert to old SmartPSS if I can find the install file :lmao:

Thanks in advance

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The version of SmartPSS shouldnt have any affect on the NVR or cameras regardless of age.

And recommend you DO NOT use SmartPSS to manage any settings on either. Its a great live view/playback/download clip tool. Full Stop.

Is the NVR one with built in PoE ports?
Are you using them?
Show a pic of your camera registration page with the cameras connected (black out the serial numbers if shown)

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The version of SmartPSS shouldnt have any affect on the NVR or cameras regardless of age.

And recommend you DO NOT use SmartPSS to manage any settings on either. Its a great live view/playback/download clip tool. Full Stop.

Is the NVR one with built in PoE ports?
Are you using them?
Show a pic of your camera registration page with the cameras connected (black out the serial numbers if shown)
Interesting, previously camera registration page under NVR config would show all cameras, now only one shows. Adding devices connects the NVR and all cameras just fine.

No POE on this NVR no, I use external POE from HP switch.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Interesting, previously camera registration page under NVR config would show all cameras, now only one shows. Adding devices connects the NVR and all cameras just fine.

No POE on this NVR no, I use external POE from HP switch.
The cameras and NVR itself all work fine, just that now the cameras don't associate with the NVR for playback, ie, they don't show up in the drop down list when in config for NVR, if that makes sense. Looks simply like a version issue to me, the old one I have setup many times before. Add the NVR, add the cameras and the link is made, playback works fine?!? seems odd.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok gotcha, partially anyway.

You're not using the PC-NVR component of SmartPSS are you?

SMartPSSMenu.jpg

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok gotcha, partially anyway.

You're not using the PC-NVR component of SmartPSS are you?

View attachment 179526
No, simply for viewing NVR only, just as backup really. Blue Iris for daily use. Trying older version now, it picks up cameras no trouble, just trying to find the version I had as download! it must have been an early version 2.xxxx

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Mystery solved!!! it turns out I was using version 2.01.0, 32bit Chinese English. It installs, NVR detects and cameras line up underneath as expected for playback. I'm in IT for a day job yet my right finger cannot stop clicking to install things, even when my brain says STOP :rofl: Classic situation where you think, hmmm, this is working OK and I think this might break it...let's find out :rolleyes:

Anyway, link below to version I used to resolve. If it ain't broke, don't fix it......

Version 2.01.0 from Dahua Wiki

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
This is the version I'm running currently, seems pretty stable
SmartPSSVersion2020.jpg

I have an old V2 Feb 2017 version install file, probably 32 bit...

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK, how the heck do you edit the default group :wow: I've just broken live view to them, playback works fine. It's late for me, maybe look tomorrow :wtf::lmao:

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Then I woke up and configured them direct through the NVR (browser) and re-entered authentication, all good. Playback and liveview, working fine. Seemed like a good idea to upgrade 2.5 hours ago!

Unless you want to waste some of your life, do not upgrade things that are working fine, I know, temptation is too great sometimes :lmao::rofl::lol:

Appreciate the assistance, maybe help some other poor soul who stumbles down the same hole.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Then I woke up and configured them direct through the NVR (browser) and re-entered authentication, all good. Playback and liveview, working fine. Seemed like a good idea to upgrade 2.5 hours ago!

Unless you want to waste some of your life, do not upgrade things that are working fine, I know, temptation is too great sometimes :lmao::rofl::lol:

Appreciate the assistance, maybe help some other poor soul who stumbles down the same hole.
New motto here LOL.