Dahua or Hikvision IP Camera

karunakar

n3wb
Reaction score
I could not make up my mind for Dahua or Hiks as my mind says Dahua but forums and some where in the corner i wanted to get Hiks.

Anyway whatever i choose they solve my basic needs would be fine and i am going to order this weeked.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If this is your first install then you can't go wrong with either Hikvision or Dahua. Compared to Annke or Sannce or Foscam or Amcrest they are years ahead.

karunakar

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, this is my first install after reading about security cameras and i am using Swann DVR system with 4 cameras and they are crap in quality and hardly i could recognise people night time.

Chief1246

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, this is my first install after reading about security cameras and i am using Swann DVR system with 4 cameras and they are crap in quality and hardly i could recognise people night time.
Looking at piecing together a Hikvision system for that same reason

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that swann rebrands hikvision ip cameras...its just that the analog dvr system you purchased was low res...also keep in mind that very high resolution cameras generally dont fair well at night...you need to add some lighting...

peraburek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
reading this discussion is interesting, I have 3+ years of expirience with Hikvision IP cams and iVMS-4500 but there is a lot Hikvision is missing
I am thinking about moving to Dahua, but I don't know which smartphone app can you recommend for managing (remote live-view, playback, and most important alarm PUSH NOTIFICATIONS for "intrusion detection" or "line-crossing-detection") Dahua IP cams

is there some Dahua cam web-gui demo page, to look&feel UI and/or options

does Dahua transmit password in clear-text for gDMSS Lite ?
what are advantages of gDMSS Plus vs Lite ?

karunakar

n3wb
Reaction score
I have no idea about these IP cams as i have recently started looking into get a good IP cam system... No idea about mobile app yet.

f46power

n3wb
Reaction score
reading this discussion is interesting, I have 3+ years of expirience with Hikvision IP cams and iVMS-4500 but there is a lot Hikvision is missing
I am thinking about moving to Dahua, but I don't know which smartphone app can you recommend for managing (remote live-view, playback, and most important alarm PUSH NOTIFICATIONS for "intrusion detection" or "line-crossing-detection") Dahua IP cams

is there some Dahua cam web-gui demo page, to look&feel UI and/or options

does Dahua transmit password in clear-text for gDMSS Lite ?
what are advantages of gDMSS Plus vs Lite ?
The only part of your question I can answer is Plus allows for playback while the Lite version doesn't.

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The only part of your question I can answer is Plus allows for playback while the Lite version doesn't.
Are you sure about that? I have the gmdss HD lite version (free) installed Android devices...am able to playback regular/motion recorded on NVR with no problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The Plus version supports Push notifications, requires a Dahua NVR.. cameras cant push directly.

f46power

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you sure about that? I have the gmdss HD lite version (free) installed Android devices...am able to playback regular/motion recorded on NVR with no problem.
The lite version for iOS doesn't do playback.

mhz

n3wb
Reaction score
7 dahua cameras been running for over 2 years now, with matching Dahua NVR.. does everything I demand of it, which is alot.

2 years ago when I bought mine, I was about to buy Hikvision, I had worked with several Hik systems and was extremely impressed.. then I learned of there region locking nonsence and found Dahua, they did not have all the same form factors that Hikvision did at the time, like mini-wedge, cube, turret.. but I knew I wanted a couple PTZ's and everyone here agreed that Dahua set the bar on PTZ cameras, while Hik still had the advantage of having a wider range of Fixed Cameras.

Fast forward, and currently Dahua has a fixed camera answer to everything on Hik's lineup.. the advantage Hik once had over Dahua has evaporated and I think Dahua is clearly the all-arround champ, at the moment.
What do you mean region locking? I am looking to install some HIK cameras soon and if I am going to be locked down I may look at another brand

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I mean if you buy a NVR from one region and a camera from another region, they are highly unlikely to work.. unless one or both have been hacked; and then you'll have issues when you try to flash firmware thats been hacked to mis-identify its self.

mhz

n3wb
Reaction score
I mean if you buy a NVR from one region and a camera from another region, they are highly unlikely to work.. unless one or both have been hacked; and then you'll have issues when you try to flash firmware thats been hacked to mis-identify its self.
Right. So I am guessing this is especially relevant for most HIK Cameras on aliexpress.com?
You are also saying that Dahua cameras aren't locked down in this way?

Inigo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have to add one more positive thing about Dahua as opposed a negative for Hikvision.

If you call Hikvision technical department in US the first question they ask is the serial number of your unit, your name, and where you purchased the cam from. If you purchased from unauthorized Hikvision dealer, tech department will not help. They will tell you to contact the seller who you purchased the unit. I did not like the experience I had with Hik tech. He had an attitude and was talking to me as if I was a criminal for purchasing the unit from an unauthorized Hikvision dealer.

This Wednesday I contacted Dahua technical department in California. Within a couple of minutes a real tech answered the phone. I told him I purchased a new Dahua NVR4208-4k, stated to him the problems I am having with the NVR, VGA port not working and 4 seconds of frames skipping. I was shocked the tech actually listened to what I was saying. He didn't ask me for any serial number. He told me to try to change the Dither and other settings. I had to run down to the basement where I have the NVR. Tech was very helpful explaining to me the settings. He took his time answering my questions...because of this experience with Dahua tech department I will only purchase Dahua cameras in the future.
Excellent point. I have been thinking about getting some hikvison cameras, but now I think I'll get something else.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
At lasti have purchased 4 Dahua IP Cameras and hope they do well for my needs.

Here are the
Cameras i got and post the videos once i get them and after my setup done.

IPC-HFW4431R-Z 2.8mm ~12mm x2
IPC-HDW4431C-A 2.8mm
IPC-HDBW4431R-AS 2.8mm
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
Got your ordered cameras yet?
Was curios regarding the [FONT=&quot]Dahua IPC-HFW4431R-Z ,
[/FONT]
what's the quality of the day and night.
Thanks.