Dahua P2P Issues

JesseSR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you're positive P2P is enabled on the cameras (I'd also reboot them, and make sure the P2P still shows as enabled after a reboot), then as others said before, the issue is likely something on his router/firewall/ISP that is blocking the traffic. Make sure the cameras have a proper gateway address and DNS primary/secondary too (from the DHCP) server. You can also temporarily set them the cameras to Static IP and force DNS primary/secondary as 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as well. But yeah, likely a router/firewall/ISP issue.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you're positive P2P is enabled on the cameras (I'd also reboot them, and make sure the P2P still shows as enabled after a reboot), then as others said before, the issue is likely something on his router/firewall/ISP that is blocking the traffic. Make sure the cameras have a proper gateway address and DNS primary/secondary too (from the DHCP) server. You can also temporarily set them the cameras to Static IP and force DNS primary/secondary as 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as well. But yeah, likely a router/firewall/ISP issue.
Thanks Jesse, I made sure the P2P was enable, I even disable it and re-enabled it and no change, i did not re-boot the cameras may be I will disconnect from the IP Switch and check, my uncle wants to change providers now and get his own router, hopefully that will take care of the problem.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you get the serial # from the camera's web interface, either the info or P2P page? Is the TCP/IP subnet mask and gateway set correctly?

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you get the serial # from the camera's web interface, either the info or P2P page? Is the TCP/IP subnet mask and gateway set correctly?
Hello Tigerwillow1 - yes , I did get the S/N of the cameras from the web interface, I got them from the P2P page, the TCP/IP is also correct.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
He can use his own router even with AT&T service. You would need to put the current at&t equipment into bridge mode first.
Then use a separate router.

JesseSR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
He can use his own router even with AT&T service. You would need to put the current at&t equipment into bridge mode first.
Then use a separate router.
Yep, certainly do that first, before changing ISPs, ha. So much easier and no reason it shouldn't work. Most ISPs will remote into their equipment to put into bridge mode for you if you request it via tech support.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
So I just switch over to Rogers wireless out here in rural Canada and they installed there cradlepoint AER1600 modem/router with the sim chip inside. I have my Asus RT-AC3200 connected in wireless router mode (default) which I have my wired dahua door station connected too so I can view/answer my door remotely when im not home via p2p DMSS App. Only thing I cant set up is my openVPN because I presume I have to set them both in bridge mode. I need to get openvpn setup so I can remote in without using p2p and also for my blueiris cameras as well.

Last edited:

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Somebody higher up on the network food chain can correct me, but I believe any connection that supports web browsing should work with P2P.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Somebody higher up on the network food chain can correct me, but I believe any connection that supports web browsing should work with P2P.
I have had issues with p2p not working on other rural sites that use a different wireless internet (multiple point to points), Never tried bridge mode on those sites though. I am no expert in the networking field either.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello All
I appreciate all the comments, my uncle decided to change ISP, he switched to spectrum, they gave him all the boxes for the TV's and a new router I have to go out there and help him install all these boxes, I have a question, when I changed the spectrum router in my house to my new router I don't remember that I had to change any of the camaras IP's assigned to them, therefore, when I install the spectrum router at my uncles house the cameras are no going to change IP's automatically, is this correct to assume that?
Any comments would be appreciated.
Regards.
Chewie

roaoro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Spectrum "generally" uses 192.168.1.1 subnet. If your cameras were set to 192.168.1.xxx you should be fine. As far as your original P2P connection issues, if you go into the camera settings (webview), under "network", then P2P, where you enabled it, it should show "online" or "offline". If it shows offline, something is not communicating between camera and Internet. Usually an IP config not matching router. If it shows "online" then something is likely not setup correctly on the phone APP.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hello all
Just to give an update, my uncle switched to spectrum and now on the web view under network P2P is showing ( online) but the IDMSS app still not connecting when is out of the house WIFI range, in my house I setup my IPAD to IDMSS plus installed a camera in the app and is not connecting when out of the WIFI range, my android phone has the GDMSS Plus and there is no issues viewing my cameras remotely, is there something wrong with IDMSS app ? , what other apps I can use for these dahua cameras ?
Please let me know.
Regards.
Chewie

hsimah

n3wb
Reaction score
I have same issue. 2 out of 5 cameras I am able to bring up in the DMSS app. All 5 cameras show as online under the P2P page and all added to the app using the barcode/serial #.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I still have the issues the 2 cameras show online but not able to see see it on DMSS on the iPHONE, this is big problem, why should I buy more Dahua when I am not able to see them remotely.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Visit your camera web page and go to Setting > Camera > Video then enable the sub stream, should start working then.
I will check that out, thanks for the tip.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Visit your camera web page and go to Setting > Camera > Video then enable the sub stream, should start working then.
Do you have a iPHONE? if you do , are you using the iGMSS app or the DMSS app?