Dahua poor auto tracking - What am I doing wrong?

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As soon as my camera zooms in or changes from the preset position I loose all IVS boxes and trip wires. Not like the video above shows.
I am still waiting to see how this is accomplished also.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry didn’t see your earlier post And you didn’t tag me above :) Yes send me a DM so we can arrange some time to over your current config details etc. happy to help where I can. Also if you want to see what is possible take a look at videos I posted in my 2MP 49225 and the latest 4MP 5A425 reviews for day/night.

Wildcat_1, when you will have some time, I would appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

missel

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

EMPIRETECANDY adviced me that Wildcat and other of this thread could answer at my question :

I would like when an intrusion happens in Preset3, that the camera "turns" from Preset1 to Preset3 and records the events.
Is it possible ?
If yes, how to do it ?

Details below

First, sorry for my poor English.

I bought a DH-SD6CE445XA-HNR, very good product.
Very big thank to IPCAMTALK cause I found the way to setup the auto tracking.

I would like to do something but I don't know if it's possible.

I try to explain :
I set up
3 presets (Preset1; Preset2; Preset3). Preset3 is opposite view of Preset1 and Preset2 is a view in the middle of preset1 view and preset3 view.
3 Smart plan
3 IVS with 2 separates intrusions zones for each preset

The default position is Preset1
If an intrusion appears in this Preset1, the auto tracking is working through the 3 presets (not always but let say is working !!). After the 300 sec the camera come back to Preset1.
I would like when an intrusion happens in Preset3, that the camera "turns" from Preset1 to Preset3 and records the events.
Is it possible ?
If yes, how to do it ?

Add info :
I never found the solution to operate the tripewire.
The only type of rule is working is Intrusion.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Missel

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello,

EMPIRETECANDY adviced me that Wildcat and other of this thread could answer at my question :

Is it possible ?
If yes, how to do it ?

Details below

First, sorry for my poor English.

I bought a DH-SD6CE445XA-HNR, very good product.
Very big thank to IPCAMTALK cause I found the way to setup the auto tracking.

I would like to do something but I don't know if it's possible.

I try to explain :
I set up
3 presets (Preset1; Preset2; Preset3). Preset3 is opposite view of Preset1 and Preset2 is a view in the middle of preset1 view and preset3 view.
3 Smart plan
3 IVS with 2 separates intrusions zones for each preset

The default position is Preset1
If an intrusion appears in this Preset1, the auto tracking is working through the 3 presets (not always but let say is working !!). After the 300 sec the camera come back to Preset1.
Is it possible ?
If yes, how to do it ?

Add info :
I never found the solution to operate the tripewire.
The only type of rule is working is Intrusion.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Missel
To my understanding: if the camera is "looking" at preset1, it can never apply IVS rules visible in preset3. That's why you would setup a "touring pattern" from 1 over 2 towards 3 back over 2 towards 1. If the camera sees an IVS alerts in preset3, he can quickly move to 1, but will start touring again afterwards.

missel

n3wb
Reaction score
Catcamstar thank you for your fast anwser. This permits me to stop looking on something impossible...

In other hand, what minum size you advice me to avoid mouvement detection when a little (sorry this is not very accurate) butterfly goes through the camera ?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Catcamstar thank you for your fast anwser. This permits me to stop looking on something impossible...

In other hand, what minum size you advice me to avoid mouvement detection when a little (sorry this is not very accurate) butterfly goes through the camera ?
Bonjour!

In the IVS setup window, you can define "minimum" and "maximum" target size. What I did (maybe not the most intelligent way): I went onscreen with a paper sheet with boxes on it. And based on the image you see when playing back that video, you know how "large" a butterfly will be (so it'll be skipped) and how large a human might be.

Good luck!
CC

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@missel - what you asked is possible if you have an overview camera that sees the whole area - and when motion is triggered in the area that would correspond to Preset 3, it will then activate the PTZ to move to Preset 3 and then let the PTZ take over.

cd36

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Your best bet is going to be to walk through the scene where you want the detection to take place and see what sized box it draws around you while an IVs rule is active. Make your minimum size based off of that.

Make sure to test it again and that it still captures you.

Also remember that for small objects it often draws a much bigger box around them. So while your box may be bigger than the butterfly, it will still be smaller than the box it draws around the butterfly. That's why it's important to check what size boxes it is drawing with an IVs rule active.

missel

n3wb
Reaction score
@missel - what you asked is possible if you have an overview camera that sees the whole area - and when motion is triggered in the area that would correspond to Preset 3, it will then activate the PTZ to move to Preset 3 and then let the PTZ take over.
Thanks for your answer. Unfortunatly the camera is not able to cover whole the aera. :embarrassed::embarrassed:

missel

n3wb
Reaction score
Your best bet is going to be to walk through the scene where you want the detection to take place and see what sized box it draws around you while an IVs rule is active. Make your minimum size based off of that.

Make sure to test it again and that it still captures you.

Also remember that for small objects it often draws a much bigger box around them. So while your box may be bigger than the butterfly, it will still be smaller than the box it draws around the butterfly. That's why it's important to check what size boxes it is drawing with an IVs rule active.
Thank you Cd36 I'll work on that.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@missel - I meant a second camera that can overview the entire area the PTZ is to cover. Add a cheap 2.8 or 3.6mm camera that can overlook the panning area and use that camera to call up the presets of the PTZ.

Michael Diehl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have discovered at least on thing about auto tracking, and that is if the tracking area contains an object that the tracking subject can disappear behind; the tracking will stop and return to the preset postion.

cd36

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Based on this thread I can say that I think the auto tracking software has improved substantially over time and will continue improving. I'm running 2 cams with new firmware that supports auto tracking, and it performs much better than how it is described here, with very little work on my part.

There is a slider to adjust how much it will zoom in on the target, which is great. And it seems to be better at tracking through objects. I had it tracking a vehicle down a lane behind some poplar trees without leaves on yet and it didn't screw the camera up.

So don't give up on it, as it is getting better all the time!

m00st

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Based on this thread I can say that I think the auto tracking software has improved substantially over time and will continue improving. I'm running 2 cams with new firmware that supports auto tracking, and it performs much better than how it is described here, with very little work on my part.

There is a slider to adjust how much it will zoom in on the target, which is great. And it seems to be better at tracking through objects. I had it tracking a vehicle down a lane behind some poplar trees without leaves on yet and it didn't screw the camera up.

So don't give up on it, as it is getting better all the time!
What cams are you running? My two year old SD50225U-HNI is doing an okay job, but I am sure it could do better. I wonder whether it's just a case of better firmware, it may also just be the processing power of your camera vs mine.

cd36

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm using a 49225xa-hnr, so be a similar model to the one op had posted about.

I'm using the most recent firmware that I know of, it's from March 2020,so I'm sure the more recent firmwares are much better at auto tracking than the old ones, especially based on this thread.

I would see if you have a more recent firmware available to load. Otherwise it may just be a limitation of the camera.

m00st

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm using a 49225xa-hnr, so be a similar model to the one op had posted about.

I'm using the most recent firmware that I know of, it's from March 2020,so I'm sure the more recent firmwares are much better at auto tracking than the old ones, especially based on this thread.

I would see if you have a more recent firmware available to load. Otherwise it may just be a limitation of the camera.
Thanks. My camera being a year or 2 older than yours probably wont benefit as much from the newer developments (eg SMD), but i did find a more recent version of the system firmware. We’ll see what that will bring, so far the autotrack is still as unpredictable if not worse.

cd36

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks. My camera being a year or 2 older than yours probably wont benefit as much from the newer developments (eg SMD), but i did find a more recent version of the system firmware. We’ll see what that will bring, so far the autotrack is still as unpredictable if not worse.
No that is true, you probably won't have the best version of auto tracking but it's worth a shot. Out of curiosity what date is the firmware from?

m00st

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No that is true, you probably won't have the best version of auto tracking but it's worth a shot. Out of curiosity what date is the firmware from?
It’s a variant of V2.800.0000000.5.R.190827, my old one was v2.622 from november 2017.