Dahua poor auto tracking - What am I doing wrong?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
To answer the question RE: Tour & IVS, the answer is YES ;)

Specifically as a tour is calling a set preset, each preset can have its own IVS rules and on a PTZ those IVS/Deep IVS rules can feature Alarm Track (Auto Track) time. Therefore if you called preset 2 on a tour when the PTZ arrives at preset 2 it will then look for anything that activates IVS rules configured within that preset. If something trips the IVS rule within the preset (and crucially before the time for the tour to move onto another preset) then Auto Tracking would kick in (if configured and supported) and capture/track the target. Therefore when combining both make sure you leave enough headroom between touring to another preset AND Alarm Track time required per location.

Another thing I am an advocate of and have helped others configure is IVS based Auto Track equivalent or what I also call nested IVS rules. This is where you configure 1 view (say an overview FOV) to activate a PTZ preset when an IVS rule is tripped, then within that 2nd preset have other IVS rules to call further presets/movement of camera OR Auto Tracking. This allows for a much more crisp approach to PTZ tracking often beating out Auto Tracking for accuracy and allows PTZ;s that do NOT have Auto Tracking to benefit from a pseudo tracking setup. Just remember when using nested IVS rules to set IDLE time back to your Overview Preset (in this example).

Then finally the other options available are PTZ activation called by fixed cams as others have mentioned. You need an NVR platform (standalone or BI etc) to perform this but then you get what I call the Spotter & Overwatch setup. This is where your fixed cam spots and calls your overwatch (PTZ) to a specific preset ready to capture the target as it moves into view. I do this with triangulated and larger configs and works really well but you do have to take your time the more complex you go :)

HTH

And that's what I "thought" not being clear in the Dahua documentation: IVS rules on different preset positions is something "unknown", and let's face it, also very difficult to accomplish.

What about simple Motion Detection? I see in your video above "Video Detection" (second menu higher than Smart Plan) - are those MD setup's per preset?

Thank you!
CC

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I use that last option on my back pool deck with the spotter camera outside the screen door activating the ptz on the porch so I get continuous footage of a person (or cat) coming up the side yard and into the pool/porch area.
Works really well.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
So basically, presets with IVS is essentially the same as tour with IVS, but it takes it one step further. :D
PTZ's seem to have a long way. Instead having to be manually pivoting a joystick, the smart functions take over and make the process seamless, provided thorough attention is given and is setup right.

seez52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
To answer the question RE: Tour & IVS, the answer is YES ;)

Another thing I am an advocate of and have helped others configure is IVS based Auto Track equivalent or what I also call nested IVS rules. This is where you configure 1 view (say an overview FOV) to activate a PTZ preset when an IVS rule is tripped, then within that 2nd preset have other IVS rules to call further presets/movement of camera OR Auto Tracking. This allows for a much more crisp approach to PTZ tracking often beating out Auto Tracking for accuracy and allows PTZ;s that do NOT have Auto Tracking to benefit from a pseudo tracking setup. Just remember when using nested IVS rules to set IDLE time back to your Overview Preset (in this example).

HTH
I like the nesting idea and think it would help my tracking, but I don't see an option to call a preset on the IVS set up screen. What am I missing?

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Wow, when I get there to have a similar setup, from preset to preset tracking, or triggered by a fixed cam. I'm happy for now, that at least does some kind of tracking. I let you guys finish with Seez52.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Depending on your PTZ (IVS vs Deep IVS support etc) you will find this in cam web GUI and/or (in the case of deep IVS cams, NVR or NVR SW platform).

For example here is an SD6C PTZ with its option in the web GUI

PTZ Activation To Call Preset in SD6C IVS Menu.jpg

Here is the 49225XA-HNR with option in Motion Detection (you know I don’t advocate for MD but including it for those that use it :))

PTZ Activation in Motion Detection Menu of 49225.jpg

Here is the 49225XA-HNR being set for PTZ activation (call to preset) from its Deep IVS rules through the Dahua 5216 NVR (running 4.0)

PTZ Activation In Dahua 5216 NVR For 49225 PTZ.jpg

A bonus for those that haven't tried it, you can even call a preset from Face Detection (pic below from 49225XA-HNR web GUI) or Audio Detection if you wanted to. More useful to do this from a spotter cam / overwatch PTZ setup BUT can be used when mic'ing up a 49225 for audio and having it come back to a central position when audio of certain level is detected (closer to cam) etc. I've also created configs where mic's are purposefully cabled separate to the cam install location and wired back to act as an audio tripwire for a certain part of a site etc. Audio is a tricky beast for a rule BUT if configured correctly in an area that should see less noise in general UNLESS someone/something is there, can work well :)

PTZ Activation in Face Detection Menu of 49225.jpg

HTH

I like the nesting idea and think it would help my tracking, but I don't see an option to call a preset on the IVS set up screen. What am I missing?

seez52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well, unfortunately I don't seem to have that option on my camera:
ptz screen shot.JPG

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
@Arjun & @Wildcat_1: props and thanks for the indepth explanations! There is much improvement space in the manuals, but thanks for sharing!!! I'm considering an auto-tracking cam, but having a nested IVS setup without auto-tracking might already be "enough" for my situation.

Thank you!
CC

Reaction score
SUNBA is sending me a new motherboard that supposedly fixes the auto zoom and tilt up limitation. They're allowing 5 degrees tilt up.
Any updates on the SUNBA motherboard? I recently purchased an Illuminati and mine was able to tilt upwards just fine.

I'm also curious what settings you are applying for your AutoTrack. I have mine on mounted on a test setup through a window for now and it's hit or miss on tracking people on the sidewalk across the street. Sometimes it works well and will even zoom in. Otherwise it just bugs out and finds some small unrelated movement to "lock" onto.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
On mine I don't have the Deep IVS and AI features.
I'm OK with the night image for now.
Next, I want to setup the Auto Tracking/IVS.
I'm trying to understand what is the difference between Intrusion and Tripwire.
I understand what they mean, but which one should I use in what situation?
How would I setup this IVS with this camera, if I have multiple Presets?
Do I need to make separate IVS Rules for each Preset, or it is enough, if I do it on the Home(Preset #1)?
Could somebody please draw some rules on my camera view?
Right now, I have Tripwires in zig zag, on my walkway, street all the way to the right, from the front of my driveway, I have on the sidewalk.
Yesterday, I have added some Intrusion boxes as well, in these areas, but it is still not doing what it should.
I'm pretty sure I'm not doing something right here.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
On mine I don't have the Deep IVS and AI features.
I'm OK with the night image for now.
Next, I want to setup the Auto Tracking/IVS.
I'm trying to understand what is the difference between Intrusion and Tripwire.
I understand what they mean, but which one should I use in what situation?
How would I setup this IVS with this camera, if I have multiple Presets?
Do I need to make separate IVS Rules for each Preset, or it is enough, if I do it on the Home(Preset #1)?
Could somebody please draw some rules on my camera view?
Right now, I have Tripwires in zig zag, on my walkway, street all the way to the right, from the front of my driveway, I have on the sidewalk.
Yesterday, I have added some Intrusion boxes as well, in these areas, but it is still not doing what it should.
I'm pretty sure I'm not doing something right here.
These things are more art than science LOL.

In theory the tripwire means that once the line is crossed, it starts tracking. Intrusion is once it enters that box it starts tracking.

Lots of factors come into determining how effective each one works. Angle of the camera, shadows, size of the min detectable size object, etc. all determine whether it identifies it.

Each application is different. What worked for my neighbors was we set up 6 different trip wires - the diagonal approach wasn't working in his situation.

Send a screenshot showing your tripwires and the screen showing your min and max object size.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm looking at this video, posted at the new PTZ camera thread, and it is awesome.
Mine tripwires, do not change in color when they are tripped, nor the square shows up as it follows the subject. That is a the feature of the newer camera?

seez52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As soon as my camera zooms in or changes from the preset position I loose all IVS boxes and trip wires. Not like the video above shows.

anethema

n3wb
Reaction score
SUNBA is sending me a new motherboard that supposedly fixes the auto zoom and tilt up limitation. They're allowing 5 degrees tilt up.
Also interested in this detail. Was thinking of picking one of these up. Seem to have to spend 30+ % more to get similar features in Hik/Dahua.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is a picture, on how do I have setup my trip wires and intrusion boxes and it still does not work properly. It seems like it is not reacting at each line, when somebody or something crosses those lines. Also, I have set the PTZ speed, at high and it does not seem like it is fast enough.

Attachments

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm looking at this video, posted at the new PTZ camera thread, and it is awesome.
Mine tripwires, do not change in color when they are tripped, nor the square shows up as it follows the subject. That is a the feature of the newer camera?
Yes it is. However unlike my place where there are trees and parked cars in the way that area is wide open.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Wildcat_1, when you will have some time, I would appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.