Dahua poor auto tracking - What am I doing wrong?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Bugs happen

You’ll never filter them all out and still have working detection. If it flies close enough to the lens it will likely be detected

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
@bigredfish is right, I didn't see sample footage of the matter, flies are too small. Occasionally, when it rains, I'll get a droplet or two on the lens and that triggers movement. On fixed cameras, it would register as IVS / movement being detected.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Last night, I have set the camera in B/W mode and it is still grainy. The image becomes smooth, only around 70 DNR. At 30, it's to grainy. At 50 is acceptable.
I was hoping that it will be better this way, but it is not, so I will be going back to color mode.
The settings in this mode are: Picture settings are tweaked: Brightness is 59/ Contrast: 57/ Chroma CNT: 37/ Sharpness: 32/ Sharpness CNT: 32/ Gamma: 42/ Shutter Pr. 1/180, Exposure Priority 72, both DNRs Grades, are at 40, Day & Night: Electrical(not ICR), Mode: Auto, IR Light SmartIR,
Another question about IVS, 10 is the maximum trip wires that can be set for each preset?

Attachments

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
What bitrate are you running? Something ain’t right. Night with IR should look better than that

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
8192kb/s.
There is a setting Electrical or ICR. I don't know what is the difference, but I had it on Electrical. Backlight was on HLC, not BLC.
Also the Iris is maxed out.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
ICR

I would leave iris Auto, and 1/180 is just goung to be too dark for you, Youre s=tring to compensate fpr the fast shitter but it s just creating more noise.

It really looks as if IR isnt on at all?

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
The Iris does not have a setting, it is just arrows left and right. I have went back to color and it will stay in color mode.
Reduced sharpness way down, to 18, Sharpness CNT went up to 80, Gamma to 75, Exposure Comp, down to 50(was 72), Shutter to 1/100, Both DNRs are at 50, Backlight is off, Defog is on Auto. I think it looks pretty good now.
Tonight, I will leave it this way and I will monitor it, to see how it is with movement.

Attachments

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Auto-tracking is not perfect out of the box which makes many default to calling it a gimmicky feature. However, when quality time is spent tweaking the settings, it actually works pretty well.

What happened with the Tracking issue ??

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, here is a police car.
It is pretty good, no?
Pretty good!. Play with DNR on the graininess and maybe the Gain. Tweek each just a little and see if you can get rid of some more of the noise and leave the rest alone. You’re down to very fine tuning. You’re only going to be able to do so much with that sensor.

I’d add a couple of 100watt/1200 lumen bulbs to my porch or drive coach lights and leave them on at night myself. Throw some light towards the street from your direction, but that’s just me.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks very good for that sensor. Much like the 5231 series.. Next camera you buy, make sure it has the newer 1/1.8" sensor and you'll be amazed.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
@Arjun : question about IVS on this PTZ: I see in the manual that IVS rules (eg tripwire) are setup the same way as on my HDBW's and HFW (fixed cams), but I'm wondering what "view" you have in that setup screen: is this "the current view" or a "360°" view?

I'm asking because I have this basic question which is not answered in the manual: if you let your camera "tour" for example 180°, with at the outer left side, the back door and outer right side, a window. I would like to set 2 intrusion boxes on the back door and one on the window. I am aware that a burglar could potentially see the "tour" parcours of the camera and run "behind" it to break and enter, but the theoretical question is: can you draw IVS rules on the full "scan scope" in the tour pattern or not?

Thanks for your feedback!
CC

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
@catcamstar You can certainly add the IVS / Tripwires when your camera tours. You just need to go into each preset and add the IVS rules there. The preset option is in Event -> Deep IVS -> Preset # (1, 2, 3, and so on). Each preset can have its own IVS rules set. When set up to tour the IVS rules should follow as well. The presets really help a lot. The more redundancy the better and can essentially make the setup foolproof.

1586874797504.png

@Arjun : question about IVS on this PTZ: I see in the manual that IVS rules (eg tripwire) are setup the same way as on my HDBW's and HFW (fixed cams), but I'm wondering what "view" you have in that setup screen: is this "the current view" or a "360°" view?

I'm asking because I have this basic question which is not answered in the manual: if you let your camera "tour" for example 180°, with at the outer left side, the back door and outer right side, a window. I would like to set 2 intrusion boxes on the back door and one on the window. I am aware that a burglar could potentially see the "tour" parcours of the camera and run "behind" it to break and enter, but the theoretical question is: can you draw IVS rules on the full "scan scope" in the tour pattern or not?

Thanks for your feedback!
CC

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
@catcamstar You can certainly add the IVS / Tripwires when your camera tours. You just need to go into each preset and add the IVS rules there. The preset option is in Event -> Deep IVS -> Preset # (1, 2, 3, and so on). Each preset can have its own IVS rules set. When set up to tour the IVS rules should follow as well. The presets really help a lot. The more redundancy the better and can essentially make the setup foolproof.

View attachment 59450
Wauw! This is great information! So you have experienced that when the camera is actually touring between positions, it already "analyses" IVS rules in real time?

Thanks!!!
CC

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score

When the PTZ tours, it works in conjunction with the Presets and Auto-tracking, not with the IVS Rules. However, when the camera is in the Home Position (Preset 1), it already reacts when IVS rules are tripped and / or when other cameras in the vicinity picks up motion (through IVS rules as well).

@Wildcat_1 may be able to further elaborate on this as to whether or not it is possible to use IVS Rules when the PTZ is setup to be in Tour Mode.

Wauw! This is great information! So you have experienced that when the camera is actually touring between positions, it already "analyses" IVS rules in real time?

Thanks!!!
CC

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score

When the PTZ tours, it works in conjunction with the Presets and Auto-tracking, not with the IVS Rules. However, when the camera is in the Home Position (Preset 1), it already reacts when IVS rules are tripped and / or when other cameras in the vicinity picks up motion (through IVS rules as well).

@Wildcat_1 may be able to further elaborate on this as to whether or not it is possible to use IVS Rules when the PTZ is setup to be in Tour Mode.
And that's what I "thought" not being clear in the Dahua documentation: IVS rules on different preset positions is something "unknown", and let's face it, also very difficult to accomplish.

What about simple Motion Detection? I see in your video above "Video Detection" (second menu higher than Smart Plan) - are those MD setup's per preset?

Thank you!
CC

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I use IVS rules for each preset and it works pretty well. Works even better when used with multiple fixed cameras. Best of all you're not limited to NVR, you can accomplish this using Blue Iris as well.

And that's what I "thought" not being clear in the Dahua documentation: IVS rules on different preset positions is something "unknown", and let's face it, also very difficult to accomplish.

What about simple Motion Detection? I see in your video above "Video Detection" (second menu higher than Smart Plan) - are those MD setup's per preset?

Thank you!
CC

Last edited: