Dahua poor auto tracking - What am I doing wrong?

Reaction score
Figured it out. Had to match up the onvif password in addition to the admin password. Currently I'm not really into this cam. It does not have the build quality. It also does not have the video quality of the dahua. The ir is also lagging behind the dahua. Washout is bad.

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Figured it out. Had to match up the onvif password in addition to the admin password. Currently I'm not really into this cam. It does not have the build quality. It also does not have the video quality of the dahua. The ir is also lagging behind the dahua. Washout is bad.
The SUNBA?

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The ebay seller, in response to me asking if I should download to the latest RELEASED firmware on the dahua sight sent me this link:

And this is the previous version of the software and to install that. I ain't even clicking on that link. That is not a Dahua link like this is .

I'm starting to suspect this may not a a genuine Dahua product. Since they are asking me to download the plugin because they can't.

Reaction score
The Sunba Illuminati is not up to the task on many different fronts. I have a SD5932xa-hnr on the way. Andy says I'm the first to get one in the world he thinks...He seems to think I'll love it...We'll see.

Michael Diehl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Keep us informed, this is the same Dahua PTZ I installed in late summer, and have just replaced my existing Sunba 601-20X with a new Dahua SD6CE445XA-HNR in the last few days. The Sunba, while using the Sony Starvis CMOS has good image quality, but its chief problem for me was connectivity problems and they generally got worse as the outside temp went down. Sunba tries to set a lower price point than others, but usually by cutting corners to save money.
As for some of the other problems I've generally ran across, I have a distinct feeling that something "gets lost in translation" in the product manuals. It would take a very good multilingual Tech Writer to actually get across "what they really mean", vs. what we "take it to mean"....

Reaction score
For me it also just didn't seem like the quality was there. The feel of the product, fit&finish.

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The Sunba Illuminati is not up to the task on many different fronts. I have a SD5932xa-hnr on the way. Andy says I'm the first to get one in the world he thinks...He seems to think I'll love it...We'll see.
Do you have a link to that camera? Google search shows nothing.

WA3PNT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't see this camera on Andy's site.
What is the ballpark cost?

RodeoGeorge

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@sorka - post some screenshots of the GUI of the "Dahua" unless you already know it "looks" like it is Dahua?

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So now the seller is saying:

"Since when we logn in ,it will need plugin as the picture i sent to you before ,when we click it ,it will connect to google but we can't use the google in china

Also we download the plugin directly to install but can't too success ,there is no image all the time.So ,we really can't login in"

At this point I'm about ready to return the Dahua and claim that it's defective or doesn't work as advertised as the seller will have to pay the shipping fee back to china which will be very high.

Other options at this point if the Sunba doesn't work out is the newer Dahua's with the deep learning tracking.

I also may just throw in the towel and buy a Sony SNC-VB770 and move it to where one of the Hikvisions is and move the Hikvision to the location where the Dahua is now.

The VB770 will capture license plates in complete color in almost no light and the resolution is so high that it can cover a wide view of the cul-de-sac and still resolve plates at the very top.

Some may ask, why am I doing this at all since I already have two cameras that track well that combined are getting me 99% of license plates during the day and 95% at night. Well, it's a hobby and an obsession. I don't NEED any of this but I want 100% success on license plate captures.

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Some may ask, why am I doing this at all since I already have two cameras that track well that combined are getting me 99% of license plates during the day and 95% at night. Well, it's a hobby and an obsession. I don't NEED any of this but I want 100% success on license plate captures.
Great to see someone with the same mindset as me!

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Do the firmware the seller gave me to downgrade too won't update on the camera. It says "Package version too low". They are totally not dealing directly with Dahua.

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
SUNBA is sending me a new motherboard that supposedly fixes the auto zoom and tilt up limitation. They're allowing 5 degrees tilt up.