Dahua poor auto tracking - What am I doing wrong?

missel

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
Hope everyone are healthy ??
One more question. But maybe it's not the good thread.

I have a problem with a untimely detection due to a flashing light through a window during the night.

Is there a way to avoid detection and alarm for this kind of event ?

What I have already done :
Use the Overlay option in Camera Video menu. But this hide the scene.
I would only avoid the event/alarm because the light is changing. But keep the event/alarm if there is real body movement.

Any suggestion are wellcome.

Have a nice day.

missel

n3wb
Reaction score
@missel - I meant a second camera that can overview the entire area the PTZ is to cover. Add a cheap 2.8 or 3.6mm camera that can overlook the panning area and use that camera to call up the presets of the PTZ.
Hello Wittaj,
Do you think is possible to do that with different brand camera ?
If yes. How can I do the call up the preset of the ptz.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@missel - yes the cameras can be different brands.

I have Blue Iris and have BI doing the call ups.

My neighbor has a Lorex NVR and I set it up to call the preset in that.

I am sure there are other ways to do it as well and other brands of NVR, but haven't tried those.

Which system are you using?

missel

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your fast answer.

I'll be back to you in a few days with the good information.

Have a good day.

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The camera died today a little more than 3 months after getting it. I've tried other POE+ supplies and cables but no luck.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@sorka - the Sunba with the new motherboard?

If so, do you still have the old motherboard - maybe try it?

I would think Sunba would take care of you?

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@sorka - the Sunba with the new motherboard?

If so, do you still have the old motherboard - maybe try it?

I would think Sunba would take care of you?
I haven't tried it yet because the Dahua was in that spot and I've been busy. I have the new motherboard AND I have a programmer they sent me I can use instead of the motherboard. I also need to update the firmware. I guess I'm about to find out this weekend.

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@sorka - oh it was the Dahua that died?
Yes, although it appears to power up on 24 VAC directly just fine but I can't use that in the deployment. So it's not totally dead but the POE power converter in the camera is.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Wildcat_1 - do I have this concept down correct?

If you are using Deep IVS for motion tracking - do you enable this page or not? Didn't seem to make difference on my bench testing.

The PTZ check box - is that for something like you have the camera set to wide and no zoom and if it detects motion then it goes to a certain pre-set? But you only have one shot at this, so you couldn't have a preset for the left side of the image and a preset for the right side of the image and go from wide to either one of these presets depending on the motion and that would have to be accomplished through an NVR or Blue Iris?

1594316715682.png

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@wittaj I replied to your DM on this question as well for reference. I would advise against using Motion Detection and instead use Deep IVS as you mentioned.

In terms of your 2nd question, the actual term is PTZ activation and involves a PTZ being called to a specific preset by either Motion Detection (as seen below) OR through another camera calling it when that cam (not the PTZ) has its IVS rule or Motion tripped. The best method is to use PTZ activation by calling it from another camera (I often refer to this as the Spotter cam) and you have to do that through an NVR platform (HW such as NVR or SW such as BI). As you'll see from my posts I also advocate nested presets using this function which while more advanced leads to amazing results when implemented correctly.

HTH

@Wildcat_1 - do I have this concept down correct?

If you are using Deep IVS for motion tracking - do you enable this page or not? Didn't seem to make difference on my bench testing.

The PTZ check box - is that for something like you have the camera set to wide and no zoom and if it detects motion then it goes to a certain pre-set? But you only have one shot at this, so you couldn't have a preset for the left side of the image and a preset for the right side of the image and go from wide to either one of these presets depending on the motion and that would have to be accomplished through an NVR or Blue Iris?

View attachment 65984

iceblue

n3wb
Reaction score
The default position is Preset1
If an intrusion appears in this Preset1, the auto tracking is working through the 3 presets (not always but let say is working !!). After the 300 sec the camera come back to Preset1.
I would like when an intrusion happens in Preset3, that the camera "turns" from Preset1 to Preset3 and records the events.
Is it possible ?
If yes, how to do it ?

Add info :
I never found the solution to operate the tripewire.
The only type of rule is working is Intrusion.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Missel
Hi guys. I'm new here and i'm wonder if is possible with one camera to can auto-tracking more areas like described Missel. I buyed this camera: Dahua SD50225U-HNI and i don't find a video tutorial step by step to make this work. Thank you!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@iceblue - Yes you just have to set up the IVS rules for tracking with each preset. So you have to first set up a preset for each area you would like the camera to begin autotracking with and then go into IVS rules and set up the zone for each area.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
These are field of view dependent and are different for every camera and every field of view.

Since that camera does not have AI for human and vehicle, it is a little more tricky.

Yours will be dependent on the max and min object sizes.

I would first try with max object size the entire image. Make the min object size really small like 10 by 10 and then it is trial and error until you find the min object size that doesn't trigger for things you don't want tracked, but tracks what you want tracked.

Most of us spend a lot of time dialing in the PTZ for autotracking - they are not plug-n-play. But get a neighbor or family member to walk around out there and adjust the settings until you get it doing what you want.

Try this wiki as well:

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Buna iceblue(Ex Clujean), I used to have the previous generation ptz and I wasn't happy at all about the auto tracking, so I switched to the new one, and this one works much better. Not perfect, but much much better.

iceblue

n3wb
Reaction score
Salutare tibimakai. :) Just buyed this camera and now to buy another one is not so good...and is too expensive. :) Il will try with max and min object size but i don't think will work.

Last edited:

iceblue

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately not working. I tried with 10x10 min object size and 200x200...camera not want to move in another preset area. If camera not see a preset area not working. I tought is smart this model :D...maybe will work in future with another firmware. Now i have:

Device Type
DH-SD50225U-HNI

System Version
V2.800.0000000.5.R.E4.2512.3S.NR, Build Date: 2019-08-27

WEB Version
V3.2.1.780791

ONVIF Version
18.12(V2.4.5.729857)

PTZ Version
V2.300.0000000.10.RHNP_170926_24381

Security Baseline Version
V2.0

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
That camera is to old to get updated firmware. Mine is the 59225U-HNI, and I don't remember if I get any PTZ firmware updates in almost two years.
That camera, if I remember correctly, somewhere has a place where you can check the auto tracking, you could try that.