Dahua Push Notifications?

Crows

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi guys sorry for butting in , im in Australia and this message just came through on my FB feed from an installer. It may have nothing to do with issue but a coincidence ?. Sorry again if not .

20201111_124317.jpg

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Andy - I’m downloading new firmware onto a stick right now. Pass on to Dahua for me - it’s completely stupid to have a button that does nothing for updates on the NVR.
I am thinking they try to make it work, but the server can't handle the online downloading and updating. Sometimes the latest new fimrware not always the best, so also have lots of complaint.

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am thinking they try to make it work, but the server can't handle the online downloading and updating. Sometimes the latest new fimrware not always the best, so also have lots of complaint.
I’m downloading the latest version off their website - it says it’s going to take four hours.It’s not my internet speed that’s slow, it’s their website.

awonson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My notifications are working on iPhone XR iOS version 14.2 using DMSS Version 1.61.001. I have had them working since installing the new version of DMSS some months ago.

In my USG Pro 4, I have allowed access from the NVR and Cameras out to the following Apple address: 17.0.0.0/8 and have allowed outgoing camera and NVR traffic through ports 2197 for the notifications. I used this guide from Apple (If your Apple devices aren't getting Apple push notifications) Port 2195 is being deprecated after November 2020.

My NVR is NVR4108-P-4KS2 running System Version V4.001.0000003.1, Build Date: 13-08-2020

My five cameras (IPC-HDW2431R-ZS) are all running the following firmware: V2.800.0000016.0.R, Build Date: 2020-06-05

My notifications are set on the NVR in the iOS app. I have attached some screenshots.

Screen1.jpg Screen 3.jpgScreen2.PNG

Also get emails, but they are set in the camera.

awonson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Also, on my NVR in the Security menu, under System Service, on the Basic Services tab, there is an option for enabling Mobile Push Notifications. Screenshot attached.

Also, I just realised that what I wrote in my previous reply won't help if you can't get the notifications on cellular. My notifications are working on both cellular and WiFi. I use OpenVPN to view the clip attached to the notification when I am on cellular. See if the Mobile Push Notifications checkbox is enabled in your NVR GUI.

1605069826276.png

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
This setup works perfectly with Android Phone. Iphone worked perfectly until approx 10/3/2020. It seems like a coincidence that many Iphone users no longer work all about the same time which tends to point to the Iphone Dahua App/Platform as the issue and not firmware.

DHI-NVR5416-4KS2 V3.216.0000006.0, Build Date: 2019-02-23
IPC-HFW1831E V2.800.0000000.2.R, Build Date: 2019-04-04
IPC-HDBW4231F-AS V2.800.0000005.0.R, Build Date: 2019-03-25
NVR firmware use this one.
IPC-HFW1831E

hdbw4231f-as

.Actually these firmware are all on my topic, KEEP IT.

Davahad

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My notifications are working on iPhone XR iOS version 14.2 using DMSS Version 1.61.001. I have had them working since installing the new version of DMSS some months ago.

In my USG Pro 4, I have allowed access from the NVR and Cameras out to the following Apple address: 17.0.0.0/8 and have allowed outgoing camera and NVR traffic through ports 2197 for the notifications. I used this guide from Apple (If your Apple devices aren't getting Apple push notifications) Port 2195 is being deprecated after November 2020.

My NVR is NVR4108-P-4KS2 running System Version V4.001.0000003.1, Build Date: 13-08-2020

My five cameras (IPC-HDW2431R-ZS) are all running the following firmware: V2.800.0000016.0.R, Build Date: 2020-06-05

My notifications are set on the NVR in the iOS app. I have attached some screenshots.

View attachment 74627 View attachment 74630View attachment 74629

Also get emails, but they are set in the camera.
Can you give an example how you allowed access from NVR to Apple address:17.0.0.0/8? Using an Asus AC3200 and would like to give it a try before upgrading firmware.

awonson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@Davahad, I created a firewall group and placed my camera and NVR IP addresses into the group. They are the "source" group. I created a second group (the "destination") which has the Apple IP address range in it (17.0.0.0/8). Then I created an outgoing firewall rule that allows the source group to go ot to the destination group.

kobebeef

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Dahua IVS Push Notifications Minimum demand
NVR firmware VER 4.0
IPCAM firmware VER 2.68 or more than

Andydogga

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, I’m having similar issues a few months ago I had 2 sites working perfectly. I have not changed any settings in NVR only switched from iDMSS to DMSS now getting push but sporadically, 2 hours after event or when I’m in app it seems to update and pushes come through. I thought maybe poor internet but I can live view perfectly any time on iDMSS and DMSS apps. Once again a few months ago working flawlessly, now buggy as hell. Frustrating .. I’m in Australia

generalinq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi

I'm using the latest version of DMSS on iPhone 12 Pro. Using NVR 5216-16P-4KS2E and 5442TM.

The camera would send push notifications without issue when not using the NVR. When I switched to using the NVR, it was hit and miss. Yesterday I decided to go back into SmartPSS, in the Event Config --> Link Video and re-enable the 'Record Video' option. It started working again after doing this. I don't know with absolute certainty if this was what fixed it but this was the only change I made. I also ensured that motion detection was still enabled and that the video was still 'linked' properly as shown below. So far, all my cameras are sending alerts for motion as configured except my Tripwire alerts have never worked for some reason. I have to figure that out.

Image 2020-12-17 at 9.30.27 AM.png

generalinq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well...I've concluded that the push notification is definitely hit and miss. My driveway cam stopped sending the notifications last night. I go into the DMSS app and noticed the push notifications for this one camera was not enabled for some reason. I re-enable it and still not working so who knows. :(

Edit: My Trip Wire alerts starting working ..lol I give up :)

Last edited:

mbuster

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
New and needing help. Got 4 cameras and NVR from Andy. Finally have them all mounted and running, the NVR is connected to my router and am able to see it on my network using the iNet app. I am able to log in to the NVR on my MacBook and control the PTZ camera. Currently trying to figure out DMSS app. Installed the app, scanned the code to add the device, but after putting in the NVR log in info and hit save I keep getting Connection Failed. I had initially disabled P2P and after 3 connection failures on DMSS, I enabled it and tried again and same results so I disabled P2P. Any ideas?

generalinq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
New and needing help. Got 4 cameras and NVR from Andy. Finally have them all mounted and running, the NVR is connected to my router and am able to see it on my network using the iNet app. I am able to log in to the NVR on my MacBook and control the PTZ camera. Currently trying to figure out DMSS app. Installed the app, scanned the code to add the device, but after putting in the NVR log in info and hit save I keep getting Connection Failed. I had initially disabled P2P and after 3 connection failures on DMSS, I enabled it and tried again and same results so I disabled P2P. Any ideas?
I never used the scanning to add the device, I added the device manually into DMSS using the IP address and username/password. Not sure if that makes a difference. I also do not use the P2P (disabled it).

mbuster

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Manually entering worked, I can see the cams. Wondering why the scan didn't, but not wondering long. Now to see if I can set up notifications then get the VPN going.. Thank you generalinq!!!!! All my cams IPs are set by the NVR at the 10.1.1..65-68 addresses, do I need to change them to my network 192.168.x.x address?