Dahua & Q-See

htfan

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all-

Sorry, a bunch of different topics in this post, I thought it might belong in this section.

Had been using a Q-See QC808 NVR with the 720p cams (QCN7001) it came with and some supposed Dahua oem's we got through Amazon. Have recently replaced the QC808 with another Q-See NVR, a QC826. Seems they removed it from their website, this is their support page for it QC826 - 16 Channel 4K NVR
BTW, all were purchased before learning about this site.

It's my understanding that the Q-See NVRs and cams are probably Dahuas, is that right?
Reason I'm posting here is when I connect the QCN7001 camera to the new QC826 they connect for a short moment and show video, then the screen says they are Offline, and then Cannot find network host. After a while they re-connect and the cycle just repeats over and over. In the error log on the QC826 I found this: 'com_fail.LoginErrorNo-33' for the cameras. Firmware is the latest I see available from Q-See for both the NVR and cams. The oem Dahuas seem to work fine, sort of.

Q-See tech help couldn't help. They said to remove/add the cameras in the NVR's camera setup, that didn't work. They said to try and modify the camera's login/password in NVR's setup - said try using the NVR's login/password. That didn't work - that only made it worse - cams wouldn't connect at all, had to change the cams login/pass to admin/admin to connect again.

You guys have any ideas?

Also, is my current QC826 NVR fully compatible with cams sold here by guys like EmpireTech Andy? Looking to replace some cams with some type of starlight ones, unsure which ones.

Thanks!

Reaction score
It's okay about the purchase, we all have to learn the hard way. welcome to the site, It's better to use nvr model of cameras, for best results and in order for all the features of a camera to work properly. Dahua cameras, dahua nvr. You have to be careful when buying from amazon. The cameras may not have US software, which you will not be able to update firmware with out bricking the cameras. So always get US rated cameras from amazon. I use a computer to run my cameras on the Blu iris software, so much more flexible than an NVR. And you can use any camera you want to a certain point. Also check out the WIKI it has a lot of great information on setups. Good luck

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all-

Sorry, a bunch of different topics in this post, I thought it might belong in this section.

Had been using a Q-See QC808 NVR with the 720p cams (QCN7001) it came with and some supposed Dahua oem's we got through Amazon. Have recently replaced the QC808 with another Q-See NVR, a QC826. Seems they removed it from their website, this is their support page for it QC826 - 16 Channel 4K NVR
BTW, all were purchased before learning about this site.

It's my understanding that the Q-See NVRs and cams are probably Dahuas, is that right?
Reason I'm posting here is when I connect the QCN7001 camera to the new QC826 they connect for a short moment and show video, then the screen says they are Offline, and then Cannot find network host. After a while they re-connect and the cycle just repeats over and over. In the error log on the QC826 I found this: 'com_fail.LoginErrorNo-33' for the cameras. Firmware is the latest I see available from Q-See for both the NVR and cams. The oem Dahuas seem to work fine, sort of.

Q-See tech help couldn't help. They said to remove/add the cameras in the NVR's camera setup, that didn't work. They said to try and modify the camera's login/password in NVR's setup - said try using the NVR's login/password. That didn't work - that only made it worse - cams wouldn't connect at all, had to change the cams login/pass to admin/admin to connect again.

You guys have any ideas?

Also, is my current QC826 NVR fully compatible with cams sold here by guys like EmpireTech Andy? Looking to replace some cams with some type of starlight ones, unsure which ones.

Thanks!

Welcome @htfan

That does appear to be a Dahua OEM NVR. Q-see rebranded Dahua OEM products, however many of their newer products appear to be another OEM.
You can check if the NVRs interface looks like that on the Dahua OEM NVRs ( see the Dahua WIki on that, or just search google for images.. )

iirc Q-see used different IP / port setting than the defaults from Dahua. So you may need to adjust / sync: IP / port / video-substream and user / password.

Once you do that Dahua OEM cameras should work well with the NVR.

The info in the Dahua thread here as well as the cliff notes should be useful.

If you can confirm the interface of the NVR looks like the interface from Dahua, the Dahua OEM cameras that Andy sells will work with the NVR ( again, you will need to sync IP / port /video substream info / user / password )

1585156775260.png

htfan

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

From a quick search the GUI on the QC826 looks exactly like a Dahua GUI, although there's apparently a new Dahua GUI? That new one looks different.
I guess the Dahua oems from EmpireTech Andy will still work when I'm ready to buy one though...

On to try and figure out how to solve this error: com_fail.LoginErrorNo-33

That shows in the log when I try and connect Q-See's own QCN7001 camera to the QC826. It came with theQC808 but QC's own documents say it's compatible with the QC826. In fact it does connect for a moment - and shows video, then disconnects. Later it re-connects, then disconnects and repeats.

Saw a post about com.LoginErrorNo-18 in the forum. That looks like it it's about camera initialization or login/pass. Didn't work for me.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The new Dahua GUI has the AI 4.0 User Interface. It will take eons for the rebrands to catch up with Dahua OEM which is why many recommend buying directly from Dahua OEM suppliers :)