Dahua reset experience.

Gimmons

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I bricked a new Dahua IPC-HDBW5441F-AS-E2 trying to do a firmware update. The camera was visible on the router from my browser, but the login page was first garbled and then non-responsive.

Here's what I learned getting it back online:

1. Don't update firmware if you don't need to.
2. Use at least a 2 amp adapter when you do a hard reset. I was hitting the camera's reset button, first in situ, with POE over a long cable run, then on the bench with a 1.5 amp adapter. I was getting nowhere and started reading forum posts about various ways to reset and update firmware. Andy commented somewhere that you need at least a 2 amp adapter to do a hard reset. I changed the adapter out, hit reset and it worked.
3. Take your other cameras off the network when you reinitialize and install on your network. I knew the camera was ok again when plugged directly into my computer, but it became unreachable when I added it back on the network. Following the comments I read here, I disconnected the other cameras, released the static address reservation for the reset camera, and added it back to the network, then brought the other cameras on.

I actually learned a lot from this exercise, though I hope I won't have to go through it again. So if you're having trouble with a reset, make sure you power the camera with an adapter of at least 2 amps when you hit the reset button.