Dahua SD1A203T-GN-W Review

NightLight

n3wb
Reaction score
My lens was zoomed in a bit, and yes it is a bit brighter when not zoomed in. I would guess from camera location to the two lit windows is about 120 feet. There are no street lights, but there is city light pollution, and the neighbor had his spot light on. It is bright enough you can easily walk around without a flashlight or other lights needed. I can see better with my eyes.

Here is another photo same conditions with backlight turned off. [EDIT - Image hosting site removed image after a while.]

Last edited:

jwgizmo

n3wb
Reaction score
My lens was zoomed in a bit, and yes it is a bit brighter when not zoomed in. I would guess from camera location to the two lit windows is about 120 feet. There are no street lights, but there is city light pollution, and the neighbor had his spot light on. It is bright enough you can easily walk around without a flashlight or other lights needed. I can see better with my eyes.

Here is another photo same conditions with backlight turned off. imgur.com/a/0nKOO4f
Can you drop the top of the camera down to the top of the house across the street unless you want to look at the clouds. That might change it some

NightLight

n3wb
Reaction score
Theses were just sample pics I took when trying different settings. They give an idea of how well the camera works without IR for my street without street lights. Currently the camera is more zoomed out and covers my driveway and entrance area.

Was just hoping there was something I missed in settings that might make it better. But seems not and my only option is to use IR emitters or lights.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@aristobrat appears to have much more ambient light than what you're working with @NightLight
You will most likely require external IR if you expect to see well that far away.
The ultimate test is when someone is walking in the cameras view, you will find that they will ghost pretty bad without more light.

pb11186

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have the same camera but the not wifi and for the life of me cant figure out how to add PTZ presets. I looked online, youtube, and my NVR setup and web interface for the camera does not have the same options. Camera firmware is up to date so is the nvr.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I have the same camera but the not wifi and for the life of me cant figure out how to add PTZ presets. I looked online, youtube, and my NVR setup and web interface for the camera does not have the same options. Camera firmware is up to date so is the nvr.

Use the camera web interface.. login to camera and ptz tab

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@pb11186, so if you login to the cameras web interface and go into the Setting tab up top, do you not have a PTZ option on the left (under Camera and Network)? Can you post a screenshot of what yours looks like?

pb11186

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, exactly. I will get a screenshot for you shortly. Using the google web app. There is no PTZ option.
@pb11186, so if you login to the cameras web interface and go into the Setting tab up top, do you not have a PTZ option on the left (under Camera and Network)? Can you post a screenshot of what yours looks like?

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, exactly. I will get a screenshot for you shortly. Using the google web app. There is no PTZ option.

Post a picture of your camera too

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I am not home ATM to physically take a pic. But my camera is the SD1A203T-GN. Here is a pic of what i have.

Is that chinese firmware? Looks nothing like mine

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That looks like the web interface of the NVR, not the camera. Down at the bottom where it says CAM 1, whats that IP address? Try going to that IP address, or click the Internet Explorer icon by it.

pb11186

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That worked! Thanks alot! Rookie mistake on my part!
That looks like the web interface of the NVR, not the camera. Down at the bottom where it says CAM 1, whats that IP address? Try going to that IP address, or click the Internet Explorer icon by it.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Boom!