Dahua SD1A203T-GN-W Review

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm loving this camera, it's a great camera. Although I wish you woulda thrown an adapter in with mine. It's surprisingly hard to find just a 12v 2a adapter locally and had to wait a about a week and spend another $15 before I could install mine. :)

I think the limitation is the camera, I am on gig connection, I can't even seem to push much more than 6000 kbps. Have you seen any different on your local? I haven't even been able to pull more than that on my local network. This isn't a big deal to me, as picture/audio is still excellent. Although I haven't really looked into this to hard do to lack of time.
the adapter is not included with almost all POE cameras. Its a waste.
You dont need more than 6000 on a 1080p camera.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I wanted to follow up that Andy gave me a $15 credit that I used for a mount, which showed up today. So Andy made it right.

On a different note, I wish the night vision without IR was better. The best I could get was by setting backlight to BLC at night. Which means if I don't time the shift from day to night the image looks bad if BLC is on when still daylight, and I get black image if WDR is on while still dark.
How do you have it mounted? Mine is in a temporary spot for now (too close to the ground).. i love the camera as well, @4thmouse said..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Dahua SD1A203T-GN-W is a wifi camera. POE isn't part of this camera. :) Thus the title of the thread.

I was responding to Guido87. I Like to play, I like to see what it can do, I realize this, thus the reason I stated, " This isn't a big deal to me, as picture/audio is still excellent. Although I haven't really looked into this to hard do to lack of time."
sometimes I forget that folks waste time with wifi garbage.

Reactions: rra

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
sometimes I forget that folks waste time with wifi garbage.
One good thing is can always wire it too.. once i get my spot ready i might wire it although the wifi has been stable

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I modified a PFB203W to mount mine, It was pretty east and works well.

Sigh, Sometime for the specific areas and situations "Wifi garbage" is a necessary evil. Bulk of my cameras are POE, But I find Wifi works extremely well for limited number of cameras, Especially these because they are capable of using the much less crowded 5ghz band.
any camera can be made wifi with a cheap bridge. Thus allowing a BETTER signal from inside and allow you to use POE in the future when you realize the error of your ways.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, yes, however, this as well has pitfalls and not always the best option. I could also run a POE splitter to this camera and still do POE if I wanted. This has the benefit of not having to find 2 power supplie or have 2 points of failure.
lol, using wifi and concerned about points of failure. Cant recall the last time a router or its power supply died. a poe splitter would add a ton of bulk and would require lots of care for weatherproofing.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
On a different note, I wish the night vision without IR was better. The best I could get was by setting backlight to BLC at night. Which means if I don't time the shift from day to night the image looks bad if BLC is on when still daylight, and I get black image if WDR is on while still dark.
If you have a Windows PC that’s always running, there’s a tool one of the admins wrote that will switch the camera between normal and night modes based on the current day’s sunrise/sunset times. I think it’s called DahuaSunriseSunset or something like that. I use it on for most of my Dahuas.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I can't at the moment as I am out of town, however, when I get home Friday, I'll post some footage and a few pictures of the modified mount for ya.

By the way, as a Huge Better call Saul and Breaking Bad fan, I love your profile pic. :)
Haha nice thanks

NightLight

n3wb
Reaction score
How do you have it mounted? Mine is in a temporary spot for now (too close to the ground).. i love the camera as well, @4thmouse said..
I am still using a temporary mount, as I am moving it around and trying different places. I am thinking it will go in the entry way about eight feet off the ground, good view of the street and anyone walking to the door. WiFi has worked fine for me, no issues. Not having to run network cables, or an external bridge/router, has made things much easier.

If you have a Windows PC that’s always running, there’s a tool one of the admins wrote that will switch the camera between normal and night modes based on the current day’s sunrise/sunset times. I think it’s called DahuaSunriseSunset or something like that. I use it on for most of my Dahuas.
Thanks, I was able to find it. Dahua day/night switch utility - DahuaSunriseSunset

jwgizmo

n3wb
Reaction score
Guys,
I put together a day night video for you to see. hit the link

Last edited:

NightLight

n3wb
Reaction score
I wonder if mine has a problem. This is the best image I can get at night without IR.
Maybe I am missing a setting? This is with backlight set to BLC. I tried other backlight settings, brightness, contrast, etc, but this was the most detailed and best image I could get.

NightLight

n3wb
Reaction score
It shows up in the post as an image for me. Maybe try this link -
imgur.com/a/jrgg1Vk

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mine’s the wired model, but I think the optics are the same. I’m also running no IR, but it looks like my street (as dark as I think it is) is considerably brighter than yours. Doesn’t look like your street has any lights at all?

How zoomed in the lens in your pic? How far would guess the houses across the street are?

Here’s a shot of mine at night without any IR. All settings are default, I didn’t mess with BLC, etc. To me it looks less noisy than yours, but there looks to be more ambient light. If I look up the street (past the cars) in my pic, it starts to get noisy, but that’s 200ft+ away.

30A116C4-5D3C-453A-AEC9-6B04B984AB17.jpeg