Dahua SD1A203T-GN-W Review

sliding777

n3wb
Reaction score
I just put one of these in my shop. Im very satisfied. Id recommend it for remote locations. So far the wifi seems very stable. Set up was pretty simple. Works as expected as I took it across different access points in my ubiquiti network. Assigned it a static IP by MAC, and BI picked it right up. Thanks for the great review Cameraguy. Im happy I went with this model instead of the A46 styles.

jwgizmo

n3wb
Reaction score
I just put one of these in my shop. Im very satisfied. Id recommend it for remote locations. So far the wifi seems very stable. Set up was pretty simple. Works as expected as I took it across different access points in my ubiquiti network. Assigned it a static IP by MAC, and BI picked it right up. Thanks for the great review Cameraguy. Im happy I went with this model instead of the A46 styles.
I have 2 of these and I am very satisfied as well. I did run them connected to a switch via CAT 5. Prior to that change, my wireless range was very stable for me at 30+ feet through a metal garage door and 2 interior walls. Great cam, I'd really like to add 2 more to replace a couple of fixed cams.

Aaron1121

n3wb
Reaction score
I just purchased one of these from Andy.

However, I've had issues configuring it.

The camera boots up, and I can connect it to my wireless network. The camera works fine, until it is rebooted. Once the camera restarts, it will not rejoin the wireless network. Connecting to it with LAN cable will let you get to the login page, but the settings will not come up, and the camera boot cycles every few minutes. The only way to get back into the settings is to use the factory reset button.

Here is what I have tried so far:

Both a dedicated Ubiquiti Unifi AC-Pro and a Meraki Access Point, both sitting 4-5 feet from the camera.
WPA1, WPA2, WEP Settings
AES and TKIP (on and off)
I've set up dedicated SSID's with all of the newish features off, like band steering and MFP.
I've tried static and DHCP settings for the wireless network.
I tried dedicated 2.4 and 5 GHz, and enabling legacy 802.11b/g

All of the configurations I tried have the same behavior.....it works until rebooted.

The camera shipped with firmware from November 2018, and I also tried updating it to the latest version on the other thread provided by Andy.

Just a bit of background, I am a Network Engineer, but not a Security Installer. I have set up a couple of hundred Dahua cameras and never encountered this problem before.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Or, could those of you who have it working post or take a screencap of your wireless settings?

Last edited:

Jim_OS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The camera boots up, and I can connect it to my wireless network. The camera works fine, until it is rebooted. Once the camera restarts, it will not rejoin the wireless network. Connecting to it with LAN cable will let you get to the login page, but the settings will not come up, and the camera boot cycles every few minutes. The only way to get back into the settings is to use the factory reset button.
On Wifi-Setup there is nothing to do. Just choose the ID and enter the password.

What I noticed is that the camera sometimes changes the IP by itself, but only on (first) setup. No idea why. When I use DHCP everything is OK. After a few seconds the connection is stable and fine all the time. My camera is connected with a Fritzbox.

TCPIP.png
Wifi.png

I think you have (there is) a problem with IP allocation.

Jim_OS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Supplement: Maybe you find some information in the log of the camera or the Access Point(s)?

I use this firmware:
Dahua_Firmware.png
But there were no problems with the older firmware either.

Connecting to it with LAN cable will let you get to the login page, but the settings will not come up, and the camera boot cycles every few minutes. The only way to get back into the settings is to use the factory reset button.
Connected to what?
Do you also have a router? Is it possible to connect the camera directly to the router over LAN cable without the access points?

Aaron1121

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestions! It is working now.

It looks like it was a combination of a few problems:

1.) Andy sent me a new firmware file, which helped with the stability. (Andy - Thanks for the great assistance!)
2.) P2P has to be left on when using wireless. (default) For some reason, if P2P is turned off, the camera reboots about 30 seconds after connecting to a wireless network and then reboots every few minutes. I have my cameras on an isolated network, so they can't get to the internet. I don't usually use P2P and turn it off on the initial wizard. However, on this model, it has to be set as ON for wifi to work.
3.) The power supply I received appears to be a bit flaky, which was also causing some stability issues. I replaced it with a different power supply.

The camera has been online and working without an issue for about 4 hours. I'll let you know if I run into any other issues.

Thanks Again!

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestions! It is working now.

It looks like it was a combination of a few problems:

1.) Andy sent me a new firmware file, which helped with the stability. (Andy - Thanks for the great assistance!)
2.) P2P has to be left on when using wireless. (default) For some reason, if P2P is turned off, the camera reboots about 30 seconds after connecting to a wireless network and then reboots every few minutes. I have my cameras on an isolated network, so they can't get to the internet. I don't usually use P2P and turn it off on the initial wizard. However, on this model, it has to be set as ON for wifi to work.
3.) The power supply I received appears to be a bit flaky, which was also causing some stability issues. I replaced it with a different power supply.

The camera has been online and working without an issue for about 4 hours. I'll let you know if I run into any other issues.

Thanks Again!
That is great !~