Dahua SD49225XA-HNR Auto Tracking Enabled Firmware.

anthonyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As far as the upgrading of the firmware, that is a do at your own risk. It may turn out and work, or you may brick the camera. Since you got a firmware from your vendor, that would be where I would personally start.

If you do decide to update at your own risk, then yes you update from the browser.

DH_SD-Prometheus_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.800.1341000.0.R.200312.bin <--- This is the firmware the ebay seller replied with after I asked for auto-tracking which they initially stated the camera had when I purchased it almost 2 years ago.

You need an SD card in the camera for anything saving in nature to work. There isn't enough memory in these things to store anything.
Even if I have it connected to a NVR? It seems the "SMD" rules were being saved to the NVR but anything "Face detection" related will not save at all. I also have a Synology NAS I can use if necessary. When Face detection is enabled the camera has an overlay that shows "People: 0, Motor vehicle: 0, etc" but it never increases... do you still have to have an SD card installed if its connected to a NVR? That would suck because its already mounted and really high up.... I guess I would have to unmount the camera to get to the SD card slot?

Thanks again guys. Still haven't went forward with the firmware upgrade.... waiting to make sure i'm good to go.

@ljw2k just to be absolutely sure, is there a way we can tell which chip it is without physically opening the camera? I am sure I bought the camera almost two years ago though.

anthonyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just keep in mind if the 49225 or 49425 is a newer one with the V2 or V3 chip (or maybe called S2 or S3), it will not work.

I don't think @ljw2k will reimburse you if you brick your PTZ :lmao:

Figured that much :) I am now trying to figure out if theres an easy way to find out which chipset it has... without having physical access to the camera =(

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is it a Dahua NVR capable of recording those attributes? If so, it is just a matter of selecting the correct features in the camera.

If the ebay seller sent you that, it is the version with autotrack and that would be the firmware you should flash with. Maybe ask them if it bricks will they replace?

If it is that old, I am fairly sure it is on the older chipset, but I make no promises or guarantees. I haven't seen anything official as to the production date the chip changed.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Stop dithering and get it flashed :) your system Information shows what camera you have and version.

Reaction score
Is it just my camera (running 2020312 firmware), or do the rest of you running this firmware version have the same problem. When setting up an Deep IVS rule, the Object Filter box is checked automatically and grayed out. It is not possible to just set up a regular IVS rule. Anyone else have this issue?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is it just my camera (running 2020312 firmware), or do the rest of you running this firmware version have the same problem. When setting up an Deep IVS rule, the Object Filter box is checked automatically and grayed out. It is not possible to just set up a regular IVS rule. Anyone else have this issue?
That is the intended design. If you do not check human or vehicle and then use min size, then folks have been able to track other stuff.

Reaction score
That is the intended design. If you do not check human or vehicle and then use min size, then folks have been able to track other stuff.
OK. So, even if you need to set up a preset and have a deep IVS rule that you don't want to track, you are screwed. I wonder if any of the other "true" autotracking cameras have this same setup.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK. So, even if you need to set up a preset and have a deep IVS rule that you don't want to track, you are screwed. I wonder if any of the other "true" autotracking cameras have this same setup.
If you don't want it to track, then don't check the Alarm Track option and it will just sit there, but trigger to record when the IVS is triggered.

1648648514516.png

anthonyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you don't want it to track, then don't check the Alarm Track option and it will just sit there, but trigger to record when the IVS is triggered.

View attachment 123770

Good news! I ran the firmware update and auto-tracking works!

The only problem is its zooming in to people that are walking away... I'm not sure if I want to keep it like that or not. I think I'd prefer to zoom in on people walking toward the camera.

Another problem I noticed is the snapshots are random and sometimes take photos far away from the target. Is there a way to make the camera take a snapshot when it is completely zoomed into the target's body/face? What is the ideal target size for humans? I am not tracking cars at all just humans.

I also had purchased some 6mp turret cameras that end in C-A (serial number).. after doing research I see that these may be hacked Chinese cameras. I can't seem to get face detection working and/or email notifications. Is there anyway to force upgrade these cameras without bricking them? Even if its Chinese GUI, can't I translate the GUI or something?

Thank you guys for all of your help! If it weren't for this forum I would just have a normal PTZ camera with no auto-tracking.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Glad to hear you didn't brick it!

Now it is all about dialing it in to your fields of view. So cut the track time if you don't want to see someones rear end from 500 feet away LOL.

The tracking/target ratio is so site specific. Most of us start it at around 35 and then go up or down from there to get the capture we want. Recognize that the larger the number, the easier it is for the camera to lose tracking of it.

Wow, you are all about buying and taking chances on ebay LOL. Those turret cameras may sound like they will brick. You may be able to find a Chinese firmware that won't brick it, but then it will be in Chinese LOL.

anthonyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Glad to hear you didn't brick it!

Now it is all about dialing it in to your fields of view. So cut the track time if you don't want to see someones rear end from 500 feet away LOL.

The tracking/target ratio is so site specific. Most of us start it at around 35 and then go up or down from there to get the capture we want. Recognize that the larger the number, the easier it is for the camera to lose tracking of it.

Wow, you are all about buying and taking chances on ebay LOL. Those turret cameras may sound like they will brick. You may be able to find a Chinese firmware that won't brick it, but then it will be in Chinese LOL.
Ok, so track time is just the amount of time the camera follows the person right? I left that at 15. I would cut it shorter but it takes some time for the camera to zoom in and focus... I wish there was a setting that allowed the camera to only take a snapshot once zoomed in and focused.

And yeah, I thought I was saving but I only recently came across these posts about the fakes.. never knew it worked like that =(

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, so track time is just the amount of time the camera follows the person right? I left that at 15. I would cut it shorter but it takes some time for the camera to zoom in and focus... I wish there was a setting that allowed the camera to only take a snapshot once zoomed in and focused.

And yeah, I thought I was saving but I only recently came across these posts about the fakes.. never knew it worked like that =(
Between the unknowns of the fakes, it isn't worth it. But most of us have been there LOL. After going from the big box store all in one kits, I went with a cheapo that was blur city at night. Produced a great static image though LOL.

And then like this PTZ you ended up paying more than simply purchasing thru a reputable dealer that had autotrack on it LOL. Don't feel bad though LOL, we have seen many threads started or posted into where someone bought this PTZ (and paid more for it) and then came here looking for the firmware for autotracking.

anthonyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Between the unknowns of the fakes, it isn't worth it. But most of us have been there LOL. After going from the big box store all in one kits, I went with a cheapo that was blur city at night. Produced a great static image though LOL.

And then like this PTZ you ended up paying more than simply purchasing thru a reputable dealer that had autotrack on it LOL. Don't feel bad though LOL, we have seen many threads started or posted into where someone bought this PTZ (and paid more for it) and then came here looking for the firmware for autotracking.
Yep, exactly what happened to me. Right now I am looking to replace the two Chinese hacked Dahua 6mp cameras at the front of my wife's salon with some kind of AI camera. Is there somewhere I can look at Andy's stock?

Also, how much does he sell my model PTZ (4MP) with auto-tracking for?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can find his gear on Amazon and AliExpress

The 5442 series cameras are the current go to camera for most people. Great AI and the proper MP/sensor ratio. There is no 6MP camera on the market on the proper sensor size!

Th 49425 sells for $439USD on Amazon now, but was under $400USD a year ago.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

anthonyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The 2 other things I need to figure out now is

1) Somehow getting the SD card installed (it's mounted high up and in a weird position). Do I have to unmount the camera completely to get to the SD card slot or do you think I can get to it without removing the actual bracket from the wall? It was a pain to install.

2) If you look at the pictures, there's that stupid sign next to the camera so theres a blind spot when I pan left. I am trying to find some kind of pole that the original mount/bracket could mount too so I can raise the camera a bit higher to clear that sign. Do you guys know if there's one available? I would rather mount it behind the wall (picture attached).

Ive attached a video as well demonstrating the auto-tracking. It's in the night and I look like some kind of hoodlum =X but let me know what you guys think as far as the tracking. It's very short as I have it set to 15 seconds I believe. I wish it would keep tracking as long as the person is in frame. Also, is it possible to get it to zoom in closer?

View attachment RPReplay_Final1648683494.MP4

Attachments

anthonyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Stop dithering and get it flashed :) your system Information shows what camera you have and version.
I just went back a few posts to re-read a previous post and just noticed all of these replies... =/

If it bricks Uncle @ljw2k will send you his 1/1.2" sensor PTZ :lmao:
Bahahah, damn! Maybe I should have claimed I bricked it =(

If my Auntie had balls she would be my Uncle :)
Lmao!!!

Teamviewer me and I will flash it for you.
I ended up doing it yesterday, only just saw your reply! Thank you <3

Do you guys think it would be possible for them to add any features to this firmware at all? For example, an option for snapshots to ONLY be taken once the camera is fully zoomed into and focused on to the target? =/