Dahua SD49225XA-HNR Auto Tracking Enabled Firmware.

GM94

n3wb
Reaction score
I am still having issues with the auto tracking only working for a few days so I was taking a look at the log and found some interesting things.

I had some illegal login attempts and it lists the ip addresses attempting to login and they came back as being from Ukraine and Russia. It appears they weren't succecful in logging in.

Found another entry for a Login and Logout at an unusual time and the ip adresss was from Malaysia, city being Petaling Jaya So a google search of Petaling Jaya and Dahua reveals Dahua has a location there. Log shows they were logged out exactly 4 mins after the login so Im guessing it was an auto logout but still looks like a succesful login.

Reaction score
I am still having issues with the auto tracking only working for a few days so I was taking a look at the log and found some interesting things.

I had some illegal login attempts and it lists the ip addresses attempting to login and they came back as being from Ukraine and Russia. It appears they weren't succecful in logging in.

Found another entry for a Login and Logout at an unusual time and the ip adresss was from Malaysia, city being Petaling Jaya So a google search of Petaling Jaya and Dahua reveals Dahua has a location there. Log shows they were logged out exactly 4 mins after the login so Im guessing it was an auto logout but still looks like a succesful login.
I have looked all over and can`t find a login log ! Where would i find that? Thanks.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score

Are you forwarding ports through your firewall/router to the camera? I'm curious to understand how someone might have external access to your camera to ensure I don't have the same exposure.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I have two network ports/cards on the PC(one for Windows-updates, and the other no internet access-just for cameras), use Asus router OpenVPN and on the phone, I use UI3. P2P disabled on the router and on the cameras.

GM94

n3wb
Reaction score
I have two NICs on my server so Ill move the cameras over to a different range and see if it still happens. I had them on the same range for time synchro purposes. They logged in again this morning.

Attachments

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
They logged in again this morning.
I would change the password of your admin account as well.

EDIT - you also need to make sure all the extra services are turned off on all your cameras (Settings -> Network) - things like UPnP, Bonjour, Multicast, P2P, etc, etc, etc.

Last edited:

GM94

n3wb
Reaction score
I would change the password of your admin account as well.

EDIT - you also need to make sure all the extra services are turned off on all your cameras (Settings -> Network) - things like UPnP, Bonjour, Multicast, P2P, etc, etc, etc.
Thanks for the suggestions,

Changed the pw and already had those settings off months ago but Ill double check them

I did have have this camera ip port forwarded for webcam purposes from a previous camera so I turned that forwarding off last night. Still getting the Russia attempts on it but haven't seen Malaysia logins yet.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Excellent and if you need help setting it up let me know we can jump on teamviewer

Reaction score
Excellent and if you need help setting it up let me know we can jump on teamviewer
I used IE before the firmware upgrade and the video did show. Now it's not showing and I have no idea why. Tried all the setup guides online.

For some reason, certain video settings completely disable the smart functions.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I used IE before the firmware upgrade and the video did show. Now it's not showing and I have no idea why. Tried all the setup guides online.

For some reason, certain video settings completely disable the smart functions.
You probably need to delete the old plug-in extension out of the browser and then restart.