Dahua SD49225XA-HNR Auto Tracking Enabled Firmware.

iamnothim

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I remember just after Nixon when we got all kinds of electronic products from Japan that everyone scoffed and called cheap junk. Remember Bomar calculators. (Japan I think) Down the road the walkman. Consumer products from China did not exist. (I wonder what was the first product). Anyway I've always had a problem with 2 things from China 1) Paper products, specifically cardboard. 2)Fasteners. They can't make a quality fastener. Maybe they can but that's probably the first place where manufacturers cut cost.

Today was my first experience with Dahua SD49225XA-HNR fasteners. The backplate is held by 4 phillips screws. This covers the micro SD memory slot and the reset button. You might want to access the reset button from time to time (more than once). What do our camera builders do? Why they put blue Lock-Tite on the fasteners. Brilliant. Blue Lock-Tite, cheap steal, and phillips heads are a crackerjack combination. Even better on a ladder. My suggestion. Lose the Lock-Tite, and replace the Phillips Heads with Torx. I know you'll keep the steel.

Attachments

iamnothim

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@ljw2k Did a fantastic job configuring this camera. The tracking / zoom / focus is really slick. I will make an attempt at understanding the parameters but it’s doubtful I’ll get there. A few post back I put up a default night photo. Today Andrew said he set up night color images. Take a peek….this is at 11:00 PM. pst
6D0EA06F-17CE-4F18-AB33-2E79A2339CDE.png

iamnothim

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks great. How are you liking the autotracking so far?
The autotracking is wonderful if I had to enhance something it would be the zoom. When it finds an object I'd like it to get tight. That said, this one is pretty tight.
The attached file is of my neighbor getting his mail. I reduced it from 1080 (110Mb) to 480 (22.6Mb)
View attachment New_Driveway_Cam.mov

iamnothim

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You could make the ratio tighter, but the tighter you go, the more chance you have of it losing track.
There are those dang tradeoffs again. The mail walk is excellent capture. Really can't find fault with it.
Cars on the street .....are too fast to catch, I need to zoom straight away if I'm going to have half a chance to catch something.

iamnothim

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks like my SD card isn't getting formatted. Any tips. Also could someone give me a link to the documentation. PleaseScreen Shot 2021-06-26 at 10.12.15 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-26 at 10.11.21 AM.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your first image is a feature to let you know if no SD card is detected. Like it broke or someone stole it. That doesn't mean you do not have an SD card in there - only if you get the error alarm/email.

It recognizes the SD card and it has used some of the capacity, so do you see clip playbacks?

Are you using Internet Explorer? This camera is really sensitive to that.

iamnothim

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Your first image is a feature to let you know if no SD card is detected. Like it broke or someone stole it. That doesn't mean you do not have an SD card in there - only if you get the error alarm/email.

It recognizes the SD card and it has used some of the capacity, so do you see clip playbacks?

Are you using Internet Explorer? This camera is really sensitive to that.
I have IE to use. I have not gone looking for clips yet. I Just wanted to see a card that was activated/ready. Those indicators look a bit sketchy. Hey thanks o' bunch.

Also. Before I forget I want to show the Amcrest IP Config Tool. You need to get it off the Amcrest web site not the Apple/Google stores. I'm a Mac user must work on PC. What I found amazing (this was before the attached screenshot) The tool found all the multi brand cameras on multiple nets. Not just Amcrest cameras. The SD49225 camera was originally 192.168.1.108 and app listed it.

Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 10.27.04 AM.png

iamnothim

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello,
I don't think my SD memory is working. The screenshots looks the same as the ones I posted above. I've formatted several times. I have Not removed the cover yet. For that I am waiting to order some new memory.

So I ask. What Micro SD Memory do ya'll like best? I usually buy SanDisk. Something Fast, but I'm up for trying something different. Let me know I want to order so I get it tomorrow.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,
I don't think my SD memory is working. The screenshots looks the same as the ones I posted above. I've formatted several times. I have Not removed the cover yet. For that I am waiting to order some new memory.

So I ask. What Micro SD Memory do ya'll like best? I usually buy SanDisk. Something Fast, but I'm up for trying something different. Let me know I want to order so I get it tomorrow.
Samsung Evo Plus cards tend to hold up the best.
If you don't have the camera configured to record to the SD card, either video or stills, then the card will remain empty.
This screen shot of yours does show that the SD card is there and recognized.

1624837117552.png

misterfredsr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Tomorrow is the big day, upgrading fw. Its from Andy and I haven't had the time to do it. Its going to be the first fw upgrade I've ever done on any camera.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, if you bought the camera from Andy and update to a newer firmware, you will lose the autotracking....