Dahua SD49225XA-HNR Auto Tracking Enabled Firmware.

misterfredsr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have not updated it yet, very busy day yesterday. I spent 1/2 the day putting a m.2 ssd in my system.
The cam I did get it from Andy last Aug. when it was removed.

System version V2.810.0000001.3.R.P9.2520.UN.NR, Build Date 2020-06-08

Thanks to all for the warnings and concerns and I will not update until I'm told this version does not have auto tracking.

Now to finish installing a clean windows on my new m.2 ssd, so much faster.

misterfredsr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't think so, if its not on his phone he's lost. I should let him try, I have tried 2x and it's still not a clean install. I'm looking for some software to clone my HHD and copy it to my m.2 SSD. My HHD has a clean copy windows installed but finding a safe software to copy it is another story.

zebrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the SD49225T-HN, does anyone know if this fw update will work for it? I would love to finally have auto tracking.

P.S. I've had this camera in service for nearly 4 years and it hasn't skipped a beat! Very impressed.

Attachments

Reaction score
Macrium is very nice.
Yet, if you´ve bought a Samsung SSD, you can use the Samsung Micration Tool (with both disks present in the system). It works very reliable.
The best use of Macrium Reflect is the full/daily/incremental backup capabilities it offers to capture either the changes made to the OS/Software and data on the HD/SSD. I take full images of my systems on a regular basis, to help guard against hardware failure or ransomware. Cloning is also possible, as well as doing a full restore if needed after installing a new HD/SSD. Macrium is a lifetime license, and it does frequently go on sale.

dazzabozza

n3wb
Reaction score
  1. Sorry if I’ve missed this earlier in the thread but why did Dahua pull the auto-tracking feature from newer firmware?
  2. If I was to buy a new Dahua now can the firmware be downgraded to enable auto-tracking support? If hardware revision dependant what info would from the seller?
  3. I’ve seen a few comments about the 2MP version outperforming the 4MP version for nighttime footage? Is this due to sensor type/size/ratio?
  4. If daytime clarity is more important especially at long-distances/full zoom is the 4MP the better option?

TIA

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
  1. Sorry if I’ve missed this earlier in the thread but why did Dahua pull the auto-tracking feature from newer firmware?
  2. If I was to buy a new Dahua now can the firmware be downgraded to enable auto-tracking support? If hardware revision dependant what info would from the seller?
  3. I’ve seen a few comments about the 2MP version outperforming the 4MP version for nighttime footage? Is this due to sensor type/size/ratio?
  4. If daytime clarity is more important especially at long-distances/full zoom is the 4MP the better option?

TIA
  1. They pulled autotrack from this PTZ so that it would force people to purchase the $700+ units. This camera at sub $400 they felt they were giving too much away.
  2. If you purchase from @EMPIRETECANDY here or at his Amazon store it will come with autotracking. I do not think you will find a better price for it than Andy provides.
  3. The 2MP will outperform the 4MP at night because they are both on the 1/2.8" sensor, so the 4MP needs double the light than the 2MP.
  4. I would recommend the 2MP for long distances and full zoom because the F-stop gets smaller the more you zoom, so the more light that is available to the sensor, the better.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
  1. Sorry if I’ve missed this earlier in the thread but why did Dahua pull the auto-tracking feature from newer firmware? The S2 version already come out and can't update to the AT firmware anymore.
  2. If I was to buy a new Dahua now can the firmware be downgraded to enable auto-tracking support? If hardware revision dependant what info would from the seller?---This firmware is very stable, just the RTMP has some problems for youtube live broadcasting.

3. I’ve seen a few comments about the 2MP version outperforming the 4MP version for nighttime footage? Is this due to sensor type/size/ratio? Deep dark countryside/low light place use the 2mp is better, 4mp also good too, not really poor compare to the 2mp .
  4. If daytime clarity is more important especially at long-distances/full zoom is the 4MP the better option? Sure, 4MP Better.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Actually speaking the Function no big update

Here is what we found:
1.The latest new FW 0705 will wipe out old Webplugin which can affect other cams.
2. Tracking on new firmware for PTZ is very bad.. only tracks for 2-4 seconds when triggered from tripwire

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I have the Dahua DH-SD5A425XA-HNR which had 210705 firmware and found it useless if you was using autotracking. This was reported a few weeks ago to my Dahua distributor in the UK who put me in touch with the Dahua engineers so I could show them my problems I was having with AT and since then they have written a new firmware for my camera DH_SD-Prometheus_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.812.0000012.0.R.210904.bin.

This firmware is Much Much better and now like a new camera the auto tracking is tack sharp and no more problems for me.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
The SD5A425XA-HNR has build in autotracking, the 49225XA-HNR not. RIght now the 0312 still be the best version for the 49225xa-hnr.

DH_SD-Prometheus_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.812.0000012.0.R.210904.bin.not work for the SD49225XA-HNR any more on new cams(All 49 series)
Here is the new BOM Firmware for productions.

1634138062803.png

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
The SD5A425XA-HNR has build in autotracking, the 49225XA-HNR not. RIght now the 0312 still be the best version for the 49225xa-hnr.

DH_SD-Prometheus_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.812.0000012.0.R.210904.bin.not work for the SD49225XA-HNR any more on new cams(All 49 series)
Here is the new BOM Firmware for productions.

View attachment 104670
Agree 100%