Dahua SD59225U-HNI

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
  1. going to order the Dahua SD59225U-HNI

2. i guess i have to hard wire the power adapter to it? And also wire the mic.. i have never done this.. do you have any pictures of connections? Im used to plug and play cameras.. i just wanna have everything and know what im doing when it arrives.. thanks so much!
  3. I am about to order this camera and trying to get the needed accessories to get it all hooked up with a mic.. i ordered these 3 baluns and this mic with the y power connector.. do you think i have the right pieces to make this work? Please check out the pictures and let me know.. thank you.
  4. I have attached a pdf file pic of what i am trying to do.
  5. Thank you so much

Attachments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
  • Connect the wires marked 24vac coming from the transformer to the wires labeled power from the cam.
  • Connect the wires from the converter marked input to the same wires above.
  • Then connect the 12vdc output from the converter to the microphone power.
  • Connect the microphone output wires, to the labeled cams audio input wires.
  • Plug network cable into the female network pigtail coming from the cam.
  • DO NOT plug the other end of the network cable into a POE switch, use a standard non-POE switch.
  • All the wires coming from the cam, should have labels on them when it arrives.
See pictures in this thread: I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
  • Connect the wires marked 24vac coming from the transformer to the wires labeled power from the cam.
  • DO NOT plug the other end of the network cable into a POE switch, use a standard non-POE switch.
  • All the wires coming from the cam, should have labels on them when it arrives.
See pictures in this thread: I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.
So i twist the wires from the camera(power) and the power adapter together then put them into the convertor (attached picture).. then plug that into the mic? Then i will put a balun on the camera audio wire and connect rca audiofrom mic to audio in on camera? And thats it?

Attachments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So i twist the wires from the camera(power) and the power adapter together then put them into the convertor (attached picture).. then plug that into the mic? Then i will put a balun on the camera audio wire and connect rca audiofrom mic to audio in on camera? And thats it?
Yes.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Awesome .. just ordered the convertor from amazon.. thank you so much.. will you be wiling to help me get the setting right if need be when it comes? Also do you use auto tracking? If so you have any youtubes of that?.. thank you so much!!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome .. just ordered the convertor from amazon.. thank you so much.. will you be wiling to help me get the setting right if need be when it comes? Also do you use auto tracking? If so you have any youtubes of that?.. thank you so much!!
I or I'm sure someone else will be around here to help you out. I don't use the auto tracking, it's not needed in the situation I'm using the cam.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok thank you.. i better just focus on getting it powered and mic working.. then play with that stuff.. do you use blue iris? I do, hopefully it isn't finiky with this camera and ptz functions.. do you use remote viewing? That is my main reason for blue iris software use

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok thank you.. i better just focus on getting it powered and mic working.. then play with that stuff.. do you use blue iris? I do, hopefully it isn't finiky with this camera and ptz functions.. do you use remote viewing? That is my main reason for blue iris software use
Yes I use BI, and the remote app. I also use @bp2008 better web pages for BI.
The cam works just fine with BI.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
There is a red white and black for audio coming from the camera.. heres my question.
Ill have a rca balun ..which 2 wires go ino the balun from camera for mic?

Second. If i want to use a speaker.. hiw do i do that?
Red is out -speaker?
White is in -mic?
Black is ground-
Im sure this isnt rocket science but im not sure how to wire it for sure..

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I got the camera.. couple questions if you dont mind..
The mic is giving off a humming sound. Can you tell me your mic audio settings please..

2nd. The auto tracking seem choppy.. any ideas there?
Thank you so much
What do you mean by choppy?
Post a video of what you are seeing.

Can you take a picture of your connections to the mic and post here.
What powersupply are you using for the mic?
You did get the ground from the mic connected to the common on the cam wire input.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
What do you mean by choppy?
Post a video of what you are seeing.

Can you take a picture of your connections to the mic and post here.
What powersupply are you using for the mic?
You did get the ground from the mic connected to the common on the cam wire input.
Update:
I got mic working
Video isnt really choppy anymore.. i just cant figure out the ivs auto tracking..
My web interface only has one tab under ivs??
I attached a couple pics.. the send one is from my old cam but thats where this one will be hung.. i just want to track any vehicles or people that enter that preset.. can you guide me on the intrusion and trip wire setup..?

Attachments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Update:
I got mic working
Video isnt really choppy anymore.. i just cant figure out the ivs auto tracking..
My web interface only has one tab under ivs??
I attached a couple pics.. the send one is from my old cam but thats where this one will be hung.. i just want to track any vehicles or people that enter that preset.. can you guide me on the intrusion and trip wire setup..?
You need to setup "Smart Plan" first, the tab just above IVS.

You could try first going to PTZ>Function>Inteligence>Autotrack.
See if that works for you first.
What firmware came with it?

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Awesome that seemed to help.. do i even need intrusion and trip wires with that or will it just track any movement on the screen?
Here is a picture of firmware

Attachments

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
You need to setup "Smart Plan" first, the tab just above IVS.

You could try first going to PTZ>Function>Inteligence>Autotrack.
See if that works for you first.
What firmware came with it?
This is all im trying to do.. i dont see him using any ivs.. can you explain how he did this? what are those sounds when it detects him..
Thanks

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
This is all im trying to do.. i dont see him using any ivs.. can you explain how he did this? what are those sounds when it detects him..
Thanks
@looney2ns Today i make a checking for his setting, and his main problem is can't auto tracking good, sometimes loosing the tracking, here is the setting, anything setting have to be changed?

upload_2018-1-22_16-57-16.png

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@looney2ns Today i make a checking for his setting, and his main problem is can't auto tracking good, sometimes loosing the tracking, here is the setting, anything setting have to be changed?
View attachment 25858
I would uncheck PTZ if you are just trying to autotrack.

Also using: PTZ>Function>Inteligence>Autotrack works but isn't nearly as reliable as using a smartplan with IVS in my experience. By reliable I mean false alarms. If you are going to use it for that driveway shot. I would use IVS. Those trees blowing in the wind will probably trigger it with the general autotracking on. Also you can setup IVS plans for different PTZ presets. Trust me it's not intuitive.

Attachments