Dahua SD59225U-HNI

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My firmware doesnt have half the tabs and options as others with the same dahua cameras.. cant understand why
some features like IVS are not available when using smart codec.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
some features like IVS are not available when using smart codec.
So blue iris records fairly smooth with auto tracking but the live is choppy as shit.. i cant get this camera to display video smoothly..i have the resolution down to 720p 1024 bit rate and played with frame rates.. i cant get a good combination.. what am i doing wrong

I have a verizon dsl modem router combo.. could this be the problem that it cant handle this camera?

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, the max/min size target area setting will affect that.
So blue iris records fairly smooth with auto tracking but the live is choppy as shit.. i cant get this camera to display video smoothly..i have the resolution down to 720p 1024 bit rate and played with frame rates.. i cant get a good combination.. what am i doing wrong

I have a verizon dsl modem router combo.. could this be the problem that it cant handle this camera?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

how is your network setup? are the camera and pc connected to the router or are you using a switch?

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
that is very possible...connect the camera and pc to a switch..also post your camera video and BI settings.
I have 2 dome ptz cameras can you point me to what i need? Im soon to be getting a new good router.. would that help or do i need this switch? What does the switch do? Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It plays choppy in the dahua firmware ie browser too..
it could be the router, it could be bad cable or crimps...did you make your own cable? did you use the 568B wiring standard?

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
it could be the router, it could be bad cable or crimps...did you make your own cable? did you use the 568B wiring standard?
I have tried a couple different cat5 cables..a recording in blue iris is pretty good.. live is very choppy when recording. sometimes the recordings are choppy as well.. its hit or miss.. never had this problem with any other camera before.. is this camera too much for that router to handle?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have tried a couple different cat5 cables..a recording in blue iris is pretty good.. live is very choppy when recording. sometimes the recordings are choppy as well.. its hit or miss.. never had this problem with any other camera before.. is this camera too much for that router to handle?
Post your settings

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 2 dome ptz cameras can you point me to what i need? Im soon to be getting a new good router.. would that help or do i need this switch? What does the switch do? Thanks
The switch will allow data to go from the camera to pc without passing through the router...since your are not using POE you can get a cheap 20 dollar gigiabit switch like this
https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Ethernet-Unmanaged-Internet-Protection/dp/B00KFD0SEA/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1517005738&sr=1-5&keywords=gigabit+switch
you can buy a managed poe+ switch that supports your cameras for about 60

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I d
The switch will allow data to go from the camera to pc without passing through the router...since your are not using POE you can get a cheap 20 dollar gigiabit switch like this
https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Ethernet-Unmanaged-Internet-Protection/dp/B00KFD0SEA/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1517005738&sr=1-5&keywords=gigabit+switch
I dont know man, i think you may have solved the issue.. i know i tried fps to 15 before but not the iframe interval to 15 that i can remember.. seem like its pretty damn smooth right now and i have it up to the highest resolution on 264.. thanks buddy.. ill keep playing with it but the frame rate at 15 each seems to be the ticket..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I d

I dont know man, i think you may have solved the issue.. i know i tried fps to 15 before but not the iframe interval to 15 that i can remember.. seem like its pretty damn smooth right now and i have it up to the highest resolution on 264.. thanks buddy.. ill keep playing with it but the frame rate at 15 each seems to be the ticket..
you generally want to match them...

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
How much will that switch improve performance on say 3 ip cameras?