Dahua SD59225U-HNI

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@looney2ns Today i make a checking for his setting, and his main problem is can't auto tracking good, sometimes loosing the tracking, here is the setting, anything setting have to be changed?

View attachment 25858
In that screen shot, it doesn't show if Smart Plan is enabled. It needs to be first.
Yes, uncheck ptz.
Increase the track time.
Ultimately, each location is different and it takes fine tuning for your location and surroundings.
The video you linked of hounddog walking around his back yard was about 4-5 firmwares ago.
Dahua has a habit in firmware updates of fixing some things, and breaking or making other functions worse.
So, you can't really compare the firmware in use at time of that video with current firmware.

But again, it takes a lot of trial and error, the firmware leaves a LOT to be desired in this area.
Trying this indoors is fine, but as soon as you mount the cam outdoors, it will most likely have be done all over again.
It may work better outdoors.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
In that screen shot, it doesn't show if Smart Plan is enabled. It needs to be first.
Yes, uncheck ptz.
Increase the track time.
Ultimately, each location is different and it takes fine tuning for your location and surroundings.
The video you linked of hounddog walking around his back yard was about 4-5 firmwares ago.
Dahua has a habit in firmware updates of fixing some things, and breaking or making other functions worse.
So, you can't really compare the firmware in use at time of that video with current firmware.

But again, it takes a lot of trial and error, the firmware leaves a LOT to be desired in this area.
Trying this indoors is fine, but as soon as you mount the cam outdoors, it will most likely have be done all over again.
It may work better outdoors.
Ok ill take ptz off. Im not understanding how i could use more than one preset for that view off my garage..can you explain that?

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I would uncheck PTZ if you are just trying to autotrack.

Also using: PTZ>Function>Inteligence>Autotrack works but isn't nearly as reliable as using a smartplan with IVS in my experience. By reliable I mean false alarms. If you are going to use it for that driveway shot. I would use IVS. Those trees blowing in the wind will probably trigger it with the general autotracking on. Also you can setup IVS plans for different PTZ presets. Trust me it's not intuitive.
I set up a smart plan with preset 1 and have the ivs colored orange. Please help me understandthe need for more presets thanks

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I would uncheck PTZ if you are just trying to autotrack.

Also using: PTZ>Function>Inteligence>Autotrack works but isn't nearly as reliable as using a smartplan with IVS in my experience. By reliable I mean false alarms. If you are going to use it for that driveway shot. I would use IVS. Those trees blowing in the wind will probably trigger it with the general autotracking on. Also you can setup IVS plans for different PTZ presets. Trust me it's not intuitive.
Do i need an intrusion box or can i just put a few trip wires across the screen to set off the auto tracking? Say one across at the bottom right by my car and maybe one at the top left and one at the top right. Maybe some one can just let me know where and what i need on this attached photo cause this it where my camera will station 95% of the time waiting for motion thanks

Attachments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do i need an intrusion box or can i just put a few trip wires across the screen to set off the auto tracking? Say one across at the bottom right by my car and maybe one at the top left and one at the top right. Maybe some one can just let me know where and what i need on this attached photo cause this it where my camera will station 95% of the time waiting for motion thanks
See if any of these help you.
dahua ivs setup - YouTube

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
See if any of these help you.
dahua ivs setup - YouTube
Ive watched all those. They have far more options than i do with just having one tab.. my question it will but trip wires set off the auto tracking.
Is there a need for intrusion boxes to get auto tracking to work?
Under ptz - intelligence .. should i have that auto tracking checked too?

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
First question, under PTZ/Intelligence you can UNCHECK autotracking

Second first photo setup a PTZ Preset location. You can have more than one but you don't NEED more than 1. Start with Preset 1. Move the camera into a position and SAVE the preset. (click little disk icon) (see attached presets.png)

Step 2 go into EVENT/SMARTPLAN, add a plan for your preset and make sure lightbulb is on as shown in (smartplan.png)

Step 3 to to EVENT/IVS and choose the PRESET 1 you saved in the top where circled in red. Then setup a simple tripwire (to test) with A<->B direction as shown. Check alarm track and duration, in this case 60 seconds. (ivs.png)

Attachments

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I say start small and work into what you want by testing...we all learned that way. Start with as above a single trip wire across the driveway and then play with it. I personally ended up using mostly all trip wires as you can have more than 1.

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I set up a smart plan with preset 1 and have the ivs colored orange. Please help me understandthe need for more presets thanks
There is no "need" I have different presets for different things I do with the camera. One example is at certain times of the day I have it zoomed into an area of my field that gets a lot of critter action. I can have a different IVS tripwire setup for that particular XYZ and ZOOM level and that is most appropriate to catch deer and smaller animals wandering around. Otherwise the camera gets zoomed back and just monitors the entire back of the house for anyone/anything walking across. That is a different IVS plan. You will probably only need 1.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
There is no "need" I have different presets for different things I do with the camera. One example is at certain times of the day I have it zoomed into an area of my field that gets a lot of critter action. I can have a different IVS tripwire setup for that particular XYZ and ZOOM level and that is most appropriate to catch deer and smaller animals wandering around. Otherwise the camera gets zoomed back and just monitors the entire back of the house for anyone/anything walking across. That is a different IVS plan. You will probably only need 1.
Thanks.. ive made a plan with a bigger intrusion box and like 4 trip wires. It seems to be following me much better now.. especially for being so close and inside.. say i setup outside and get tracking working.. i have no setting for the zoom power on tracking or will it do it on its own?

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks.. ive made a plan with a bigger intrusion box and like 4 trip wires. It seems to be following me much better now.. especially for being so close and inside.. say i setup outside and get tracking working.. i have no setting for the zoom power on tracking or will it do it on its own?
As far as I know it does that on it's own...if not maybe (hopefully) I'll be corrected. I think it bases zoom off of object size. Glad you got it going!

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
As far as I know it does that on it's own...if not maybe (hopefully) I'll be corrected. I think it bases zoom off of object size. Glad you got it going!
Thanks.. ill keep tinkering with it

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, the max/min size target area setting will affect that.
So make big box as big as possible then make smaller one the size of the smallest object you want to catch?

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
My live video is choppy when auto tracking kicks on.. it follows then freezes and returns to preset.. any ideas?

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My live video is choppy when auto tracking kicks on.. it follows then freezes and returns to preset.. any ideas?
Try reducing the framerate down to 20 if it's not already. I thought I read about issues with tracking and high frame rates.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Try reducing the framerate down to 20 if it's not already. I thought I read about issues with tracking and high frame rates.
That helped a little.. still will track then eventually get choppy and freeze then immediately go back to preset like it lost object

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
How do you get it to lock on with that red box like in this video?

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't really know. Looks like maybe face detection...never played with it.
My firmware doesnt have half the tabs and options as others with the same dahua cameras.. cant understand why