Dahua SD59225U-HNI

CDAPete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
tibimakai: There are a few things that you could do to eliminate the vibrations from transferring to your home. I am going to be faced with this very same situation so here are some things to consider: The PVC pipe which appears to be protecting your wire could easily be replaced with an inexpensive piece of flexible conduit from Lowes or Home depot (see picture). I mention this because it would be less likely to transfer noise to your house. Most important though, and you may already be doing this, is to understand that any bolts or screws that mount one thing to another thing, even if the majority of their length are separated by rubber or silicone, will still transfer sound and vibrations as long as those screws or bolts are still connected to BOTH surfaces in any way. There needs to be a true and complete isolation. I have done a lot of this kind of thing when isolating drone vibration that would transfer to the camera gimbal and thereby ruin the quality of the video. It is much more difficult to accomplish this in the drone application whereas stopping the transfer of these vibrations from a PTZ to your home is much easier, but in principle you still need the same separation. The problem with trying to do this with our cameras is that these vibration isolators are meant to be 'loaded' vertically so that the weight of the camera is sitting on them and applying a downward force. They can't realistically be mounted sideways. This is where the mount gets a little tricky but as a machinist you could put something together pretty easily. At the end of the day it really just depends on how important it is to you. If yours works okay as is then you're done. In my case will have to do a little more to make this right. I can share my final outcome with you and others and should be able to provide a parts list and drawing/photos of my assembly. Also, take a look at this link and see the picture of the little fan for what its worth: αGEL Products(Vibration Damping/Mounted Type(Insulators)) . When selecting mounts you want to spec them out to be as close to the weight that you are supporting as possible. Ex; If your camera weighs 10 pounds and you use 4 of these isolation mounts in total to support the camera you should find mounts that claim to support 3 pounds each for a total of 12 pounds of support. This is close enough, with a little extra support. You would not want mounts that support 25 pounds each as they will not soft enough to isolate the vibration. Less is more in this case.

The one remaining thing that i am eager to have would be if someone would be willing to point their smart phone at this camera from just 2-4 feet away and make a little 30 second video clip, with sound, of the camera going through some moves (panning & pitching... especially pitching) so that I can get a real idea of just what it sounds like once and for all.
More to come!

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I agree completely with you, about the screws conducting the nose/vibration, but wife is OK with it, so I don't stress to much about it. I have a whole garage length, until reaches the house, so I'm OK with it.
I have looked into the conduits, but they can't bend that sharply, as I needed them to bend, so I went the PVC fitting route. The fitting, doesn't even touch the camera, so that is not transfering anything.
Most likely, I could come up with more ideas, but I other projects to worry about at this time. Maybe later I will revisit this "issue".
I'm building a mancave in that garage. I hope, when I'm watching a movie in there, I won't hear the camera to much.

CDAPete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I agree completely with you, about the screws conducting the nose/vibration, but wife is OK with it, so I don't stress to much about it. I have a whole garage length, until reaches the house, so I'm OK with it.
I have looked into the conduits, but they can't bend that sharply, as I needed them to bend, so I went the PVC fitting route. The fitting, doesn't even touch the camera, so that is not transfering anything.
Most likely, I could come up with more ideas, but I other projects to worry about at this time. Maybe later I will revisit this "issue".
I'm building a mancave in that garage. I hope, when I'm watching a movie in there, I won't hear the camera to much.
I'm glad you're all setup. My concern for noise is so critical that I'm going to have to hold off until I can find a video clip with audio demonstrating how loud this camera is. Dude, my man-cave is done.... But I'm probably a lot older than you.

Last edited: