Dahua serial numbers don't match in the software

1.21 jiggawatts!

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
greetings, i have a IPC-HDW4831EM-ASE and an NVR4108-P-4KS2. the serial numbers on the boxes match the serial number stickers on the devices but in the software, the serial numbers don't match. both these devices were purchased from the same seller on aliexpress. i have an additional IPC-HDW4831EM-ASE and 42212TNI from different sellers and the serial numbers match in all three places.

is this anything to be concerned about? why might this be happening?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Contact the seller and ask why they do not match. I am not familiar with this vendor.

There are a lot of hached Chinese cameras out there?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
No Surprise, you are buying Chinese hacks cams, The sellers can put their own S/N stickers all over the place. I would not get to hung up about it. USA oem sellers do the same thing, as resellers they put their own camera number and serial number on boxes also.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Andy is selling legit international models, its a crap shoot with the Chinese region cams. USA oem resellers like Savvy Tech sell Dahua Cams but its their own OEM brand, the Model Number and S/N on the box is their own made up number, there is no dahua marking on the box, cam or firmware. I use them all the time. I cannot say for sure what the OP has going on with his purchase but its one good reason to buy from Andy, perhaps he could shed some light on this.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
greetings, i have a IPC-HDW4831EM-ASE and an NVR4108-P-4KS2. the serial numbers on the boxes match the serial number stickers on the devices but in the software, the serial numbers don't match. both these devices were purchased from the same seller on aliexpress. i have an additional IPC-HDW4831EM-ASE and 42212TNI from different sellers and the serial numbers match in all three places.

seems you bought fake ones, the SN should be the same everywhere.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm just trying to be logical:

1. The camera is an IPC-HDW4831EM-ASE.
2. Andy sells the same model, therefore this model is not a chinese market camera.
3. Therefore, it's not a hacked chinese market camera.
-or- Is it possible it's not really an IPC-HDW4831EM-ASE? Phony model number on the box and camera?

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How can we tell if cam is hacked chinese or unhacked original ? Anything else besides serial number ?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Perhaps they reflashed the firmware?

c_snyder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The chinese region camera models typically end in C-A and cannot be updated with dahua firmware. If they do get sneaky though it's always best to buy from places like aliexpress with a credit card. It's a last resort if the seller won't comply but at least you can do a charge back.

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The chinese region camera models typically end in C-A and cannot be updated with dahua firmware. If they do get sneaky though it's always best to buy from places like aliexpress with a credit card. It's a last resort if the seller won't comply but at least you can do a charge back.
Yup what I did. Took screenshots etc where seller says its original upgradable international and pics of product page. If its fake ill dispute and chargeback if that fails.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
From my experience of Aliexpress, their dispute system, unless it’s clear cut seems to favour the seller and all the seller has to say is something ridiculous and unless you comply and respond the dispute will go in favour of the seller.

Also, it’s worth checking how credit card payments are being made, if through an agent/middle man then you may not be covered for a chargeback.