IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all!

Looking for advice on where a IPC-HDW5231R-ZE would fit best #1 , #3 or #4
camera #2 will be a IPC-HDBW4231F-AS 2.8mm
I plan to use one 5231 and the others being 2231

Thanks in advance
HI @ernesto1208

I would place it closest to the middle of the house as I would prefer to not record the neighbors on the sides.

Of course, if one of your neighbors is running a drug den.. well, then I would place it on that side.

Reaction score
HI @ernesto1208

I would place it closest to the middle of the house as I would prefer to not record the neighbors on the sides.

Of course, if one of your neighbors is running a drug den.. well, then I would place it on that side.
thanks for the advice.. so you think #3 would be my best bet ? where #3 is labeled it would also be able to see people approaching the front door correct

cuz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just curious, how far is your house from the street? Are you planning to put a camera in all 4 locations or just at #2 and one other location?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thanks for the advice.. so you think #3 would be my best bet ? where #3 is labeled it would also be able to see people approaching the front door correct
HI @ernesto1208

That's my guess, remember to test your locations - sometimes just a little shift can make a difference.

As they are varifocal you should be able to get a nice tight pattern with then further out from your house.

Position #3 ( give or take a little ) I would have it cover the spot on the intersection of the sidewalk and your walkway. Make the width of the FOV at that point 19.2 feet or less and you'll have 100 ppf+

Reaction score
HI @ernesto1208

That's my guess, remember to test your locations - sometimes just a little shift can make a difference.

As they are varifocal you should be able to get a nice tight pattern with then further out from your house.

Position #3 ( give or take a little ) I would have it cover the spot on the intersection of the sidewalk and your walkway. Make the width of the FOV at that point 19.2 feet or less and you'll have 100 ppf+
yeah i guess i'm going to have to do some test trials with spot #3 or also try left diagonal to #2

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Test do not guess. Set up the test rig. A 5 gallon bucket a 2x4 8-10 ft, mount the camera and ethernet cable to the PC, check the view.

Last edited:

cuz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think you will end up wanting cameras in all of the locations identified in your photo. The end cams will pick up approaching and departing activities.