Dahua Starlight Varifocal Bullet Z5 7-35mm (IPC-HFW5231E-Z5)

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sorry, typod' the NTSC on NTFS. So, the supplied firmware on site here would be ok to flash the camera from PAL to NTSC and update it? Read that PAL is European and NTSC is N & S America. Plus, since all my other cameras are NTSC, I might as well flash this new one as well so all my cams are this way. Thanks

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry, typod' the NTSC on NTFS. So, the supplied firmware on site here would be ok to flash the camera from PAL to NTSC and update it? Read that PAL is European and NTSC is N & S America. Plus, since all my other cameras are NTSC, I might as well flash this new one as well so all my cams are this way. Thanks
yes its fine

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, got the new Dahua IPC-HFW5231E-Z5 camera all IP configured and flashed to the latest firmware and it still works. Just running it through its zoom and it sure doesn't seem like 7-35mm in the house, maybe it will be better outside when I mount it. I am going to need to buy an expanded switch or a second one since I am running out of POE slots. I should of thought of that when I got the first one.
I am still confused about what camera to choose in Blue Iris so BI will recognize it. Plus the Mic setup would be helpful also. It's the same bullet Mic that Nayr recommended and reviewed if I am not mistaken. I will search around forum and see if he posted this info, and I just missed it. No need to repeat a post if it is around, just point the way and I can retrieve the setup :).

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well, got the new Dahua IPC-HFW5231E-Z5 camera all IP configured and flashed to the latest firmware and it still works. Just running it through its zoom and it sure doesn't seem like 7-35mm in the house, maybe it will be better outside when I mount it. I am going to need to buy an expanded switch or a second one since I am running out of POE slots. I should of thought of that when I got the first one.
I am still confused about what camera to choose in Blue Iris so BI will recognize it. Plus the Mic setup would be helpful also. It's the same bullet Mic that Nayr recommended and reviewed if I am not mistaken. I will search around forum and see if he posted this info, and I just missed it. No need to repeat a post if it is around, just point the way and I can retrieve the setup :).
Put in the ip of the cam, password and user, hit inspect and Bi find it.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I've had the best luck ordering from Aliexpress. I dont know how he can keep up with everyone's emails and messages.

Edited: I would keep an eye on his stores on Aliexpress...
Empire Technology Co., Ltd - Small Orders Online Store, Hot Selling and more on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
BEC Technology Co.,Ltd - Small Orders Online Store, Hot Selling and more on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
Lol, so i take subway to office now, when i sit there i can reply messages. Lol, this can do around 20-30 emails per day.

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
mine just landed in california today might get it today :)

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Good news is IPC-HFW5231E-Z15 stock in now, lol~ anyone need just contact me. Get 5pcs today.
i assume that the Z15 is a typo of the Z5 rather than a nice hybrid of the Z5 and the Z12? :):banghead:

Last edited:

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
just got my IPC-HFW5431E-Z5 installed
none starlight version
20170420_162712.jpg

Reactions: cb8

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Fast installation, when you can share us some pics?lol