Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Got 3 pre paid for myself
I got 10 prepaid as well
Jealous of you guys. lol

I asked (last week) if I could pre-pay for the one I requested back on Jan 5th, as well as add another one. Was told the stock was out, next batches end of month, maybe early March, and he apologized (which was cool). But no ability to pre-pay. Guess he's doing pre-pays on larger quantities?

Either way, I'm tired of waiting since the first week of January and think my best bet is to pay extra and buy from the other Ali vendor that cosmo had some luck with.

spankdog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried to pre-order some as well and was told that I had to wait. Thats ok though I'm sure we will find out here when they are available.

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i would wait in you case (i was waiting almost 2 months ) andy is great guy and he stand behind his product as iive seen he offer some guaranties here for forum members ..

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
If the stuff he hasn't even gotten yet is spoken for why bother letting more and more people pre pay? If he can't get them faster I doubt anyone else can.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

spankdog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
He said there was no need to pre-order because he will receive plenty of stock. The only reason I tried to pre-order was because others here suggested it and have pre-ordered.

Solesk

n3wb
Reaction score
I asked to pre-order 2 from him, which he agreed to, but hasn't charged me anything yet. But maybe he felt sorry for me, my wife is getting impatient, she's the one demanding I put them up. Someone is terrorizing our neighborhood with a BB gun. 24+ incidents, easily 50k in damage over the last month and the cops have no leads, not even a make/model car. Our cars have been hit twice.

But in case anyone is curious, I tried ordering 2 from Dragon Security, figuring I'd get 4 total, spread my risk, and even though it's slower, if they have them in stock I may still get them before Andy's.

But the numbers on their page are bogus. I ordered a week ago and all it says is "Awaiting Shipment". So I don't think the other vendors have them either, Andy is just being honest about it. I'd just wait for Andy, which is likely what I'm doing. I'm just going to cancel my other order (it auto cancels in 2 days anyway), and ask Andy for 2 more.

As you can see by my post count, I'm new here, so thank you to the regulars for getting me up to speed on all of this. I'm already an IT guy, but now I feel confident in this stuff as well.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If the stuff he hasn't even gotten yet is spoken for why bother letting more and more people pre pay?
Is the stuff all spoken for? It's 50 pcs on the next batch, right? How far back is the backlog if some people waiting since the first week of January still haven't heard anything?

I normally love reading your posts, but it really sucks to read a post from you last week saying that you'd buy 3-5 more of these if you could, and then reading a post today saying that you managed to pre-pay for three since then. o_O

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I kinda wish my wife was impatient for more cams lol although she does not seem to mind me putting them up and thought the turret was "neat" on the test rig, I'll probably mount it this weekend into its new home and then start farting around with my ptz til my 3 turrets get here and my bullet gets fixed.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That's good to hear. I think this was the last update posted in this thread (on the 16th):

First 50pcs will come earler, around 10days can be ready. I booked 250pcs 10days ago, and seems all can be ready on 10th Mar. ,maybe come earlier, so still have around 2-3 weeks. I push them everyday. Already pay them all money, but still no stock, crazy dahua. So i am sure, all the world lack of this model, lol

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I ordered one from a different AliExpress supplier but was expecting they were perhaps advertising with no stock. About 6 days post ordering (including a weekend) I've got a DHL tracking number, so it's on it's way. I'm just hoping I don't have some of the issues people have mentioned above- wrong sized plugs, a missing connector from the board, no reset button ..... I'll be ordering a few more once I know how they perform (providing I can get them working on my Hikvision NVR.)

Wnix6484

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm likely buying 6-8 of these with a maximum of 10-12 (
IPC-HDW5231R-Z) I was hoping you guys could recommend the ideal NVR to pair with them. Thanks in advance.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I want to voice my appreciation and thanks to Andy. Empiretecandy went out of his way to make me feel comfortable with making my first over seas purchase. 4 of these camera's up and running and super impressed with the product. Shout out to all the great folks in this forum as well. You guys could have easily shunned me for being totally newb at this stuff and you got me up and running. Thanks ipcamtalk.com and Empiretecandy!

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well I am sincerely appreciative of the input and guidance. Still working through the whole zone trigger ABC settings, profiles, schedule, amongst a million other questions but I'll figure it out. Some things just come easier to me. This seems like rocket science to me over reloading accurate ammo for over 10 different calibers. Lol

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks. I wish there was a quick way to terminate Cat6e. Takes me forever.
Haha. I watched a video on how to terminate cat6e. While not blazing fast at it, I managed to get all 4 cameras up and running with no issues on first attempt at terminating them. Using an item like a pen or the handle of the cutters I use to straighten the wires made a huge difference.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've personally dropped one of mine exactly 7ft onto concrete, and it works like a charm, another reason that solidified my choice of using dahua.
I have a sore on my knee from hanging off the edge of my roof to drill, install, etc., my new camera on the high side of my house. I didn't know which I was more scared of, dropping the camera or falling off the roof. Lol. My good neighbor was amused to say the least.