Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Indeed, it has enough room for the pigtail with even the water proofing part over the rj-45 cable.
It is even possible to put a poe endspan device in it, so an ir unit or sensor with the default 2.1 mm power connection can be used on end of plain ethernet with POE as well.

For example my eve is on 5.6/5.8 meter high.
I will have an conduit exiting the wall just below the eve on every side of the house, and install such a bracket.
I can than later decide to mount a IR tranmitter high up, a overview camera, or a sensor or perhaps somehing else. These brackets are like €16 shipped from China, so i do not mind install a number of them wich i will not utilize from the beginning.

I have made some pictures of a house where i saw the dahua mounts used. There not yet cameras there yet.

Left side above ground floor window

And right side side on the garage wall.

I will get simular color stones and white windows also, so this mount will fit in nice

Last edited:

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I mounted this turret to the PFB203W mount. Just for anyone who wonders how it will look :)

Imagine the red/purple colour is the wall. (it is my sofa)

It now is set up so it looks alongside the wall and slightly down.

On the left side there is a piece of the mount that detaches and you mount that to the wall. You can install the camera (here the bullet) to the orther larger part on your desk, and than walk to the outside, hook larger part with camera over the wall part and lock it with a small bolt.

If you need to have the cable inside of the mount you are forced to mount it outside (3 small bolts for this turret) to put the cable inside.
I have my cam with the IR lamps at the top, tilted out its fine but when you have it pushed all the way toward the body I was worried there might be IR reflection off the bottom of the mount. Probably just totally paranoid but hey why not make sure it won't happen lol.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Indeed, it has enough room for the pigtail with even the water proofing part over the rj-45 cable.
It is even possible to put a poe endspan device in it, so an ir unit or sensor with the default 2.1 mm power connection can be used on end of plain ethernet with POE as well.

For example my eve is on 5.6/5.8 meter high.
I will have an conduit exiting the wall just below the eve on every side of the house, and install such a bracket.
I can than later decide to mount a IR tranmitter high up, a overview camera, or a sensor or perhaps somehing else. These brackets are like €16 shipped from China, so i do not mind install a number of them wich i will not utilize from the beginning.

I have made some pictures of a house where i saw the dahua mounts used. There not yet cameras there yet.

Left side above ground floor window

And right side side on the garage wall.

I will get simular color stones and white windows also, so this mount will fit in nice

Fancy little house ya got there.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I suppose it does look better than a junction box if you really need some place to hide the pigtail.. thanks!

I so hope they do a mini-ptz w/starlight chip, that would be the shit.. if it is coming I dont think we'll see any hints of it before summer 2017, let alone be able to get our hands on it.
since you have ptz experience, just looking at the numbers, would the 30x starlight ptz be considered a speed ptz? I want one that moves fairly quickly lol.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
No it will be little farther away from the wall.

But for me: cannot decide if I want a mini ptz or such a turret, or a coming mini-ptz with starlight chip or ... it is nice to be able to mount them all the same way. I have to live with the fact there are cameras on the wall, if they stick out a bit but look decent my wife will not have issues with it.
There is always spousal approval, mine has been out of town because my father in law is having part of his lung removed, but when she gets back I will see if she likes the look of the turret better than a bullet, I think she will, it's much more discrete lol. They look evil as hell at night too, like a face with two little glowing red eyes.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
anything with a SD model number is a speed dome, but the Black Face Pro's are faster than the Lite Black Face PTZ

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Fancy little house ya got there.
That is not my house, it is from someone we know. I found the dahua mounts there on the wall when i visited and i immediate liked them. We are currently planning to built a house.
For our country this is a medium sized home i guess. 12x8 meter footprint. This sets you back 150.000€ for the piece of land (25x17 meters) and the house is about 350.000€

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
default ip is 192.168.1.108, use the adapter to plug camera directly into your computer..

setup network manually on this computer: 192.168.1.100/255.255.255.0 (No GW or DNS)

Open your web browser (Safari or IE) and go to http://192.168.1.108, login with: admin/admin

go into setup and configure it for your LAN, then save and plug it back into lan and power cycle it.

change your computer back and plug it back it into your LAN and it should be on your network.

Tic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
default ip is 192.168.1.108, use the adapter to plug camera directly into your computer..

setup network manually on this computer: 192.168.1.100/255.255.255.0 (No GW or DNS)

Open your web browser (Safari or IE) and go to http://192.168.1.108, login with: admin/admin

go into setup and configure it for your LAN, then save and plug it back into lan and power cycle it.

change your computer back and plug it back it into your LAN and it should be on your network.
You mean disconnect PC ethernet cable (at router end, not PC end) and plug it into the injector, right?

BTW, I'm using the latest version of Firefox w/c is 50.1.0.

baller420

n3wb
Reaction score
Does this turrent have a built in mic? I cannot hear any audio during live viewing or in the recordings.
My audio settings are below.

Attachments

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does this turrent have a built in mic? I cannot hear any audio during live viewing or in the recordings.
My audio settings are below.
You have to hit the speaker icon to hear audio, it does not play by default when you load stream in WebUI