Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You mean disconnect PC ethernet cable (at router end, not PC end) and plug it into the injector, right?

BTW, I'm using the latest version of Firefox w/c is 50.1.0.
Yes, Firefox wont load the plugin I dont think.. mebe it will, I dont use Firefox anymore.

Reactions: Tic

Tic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
setuptup network manually on this computer: 192.168.1.100/255.255.255.0 (No GW or DNS)

Open your web browser (Safari or IE) and go to http://192.168.1.108, login with: admin/admin

go into setup and configure it for your LAN, then save and plug it back into lan and power cycle it.

change your computer back and plug it back it into your LAN and it should be on your network.
Yes, Firefox wont load the plugin I dont think.. mebe it will, I dont use Firefox anymore.
Thanks, Nayr, I was able to get in. I didn't realize that both the camera and the router's IP address third notations were different ("1" and "0")...how that slipped my mind is beyond me. And yes, it's the same crap with Firefox -- "install plugin" then does absolutely nothing.

Will install Internet Explorer just for this purpose.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just booted into Windows, surveillance cameras are very windows centric
Chrome App works in Linux and MacOSX, at least with these new Dahua's; my older ones dont.

I manage just fine w/out a windows box

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Chrome App works in Linux and MacOSX, at least with these new Dahua's; my older ones dont.

I manage just fine w/out a windows box
Yeah I tried that napl app crap last night and the damn window was too big for my laptop screen and I was maxed resolution so I couldn't see everything lol

Bapski

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
what would i need to run 3-4 of these cameras?
im thinking a POE or POE+ switch? cat5 cables?

i would still be able to use BI correct?

reading through the thread is quite enticing. its the wire routing and hole drilling is whats scaring me. reason i have wireless cameras at the moment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you already have a BI NVR you need a PoE Switch..

Buy a spool of cat6 ethernet cable, a box of ends, and a crimper from monoprice.. How did you mount your wifi cameras without drilling holes? duct tape?

have enough extra rj45 crimps so you can practice on, watch some youtube videos.. making your own cable ends is not that hard but it can be tricky to get success at first.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
and expensive, you can do the same thing with a $10 tool and cheaper crimps if you take your time and know what your doing.

The IPC-HFW8232E-Z passed through customs this morning; with luck I'll have it come Monday night.

Bapski

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you already have a BI NVR you need a PoE Switch..

Buy a spool of cat6 ethernet cable, a box of ends, and a crimper from monoprice.. How did you mount your wifi cameras without drilling holes? duct tape?

have enough extra rj45 crimps so you can practice on, watch some youtube videos.. making your own cable ends is not that hard but it can be tricky to get success at first.
Nah surgical glue... Nest cams use outdoor outlets. So i dont have to run lines through walls..

Ive made regular network cables before and like you said it can get tricky moreso poe.. Id have to do some reading...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
and expensive, you can do the same thing with a $10 tool and cheaper crimps if you take your time and know what your doing.

The IPC-HFW8232E-Z passed through customs this morning; with luck I'll have it come Monday night.
How much through Andy?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Guys, just spent a whole night at hospital, my brother have a serious ill yesterday.But now much better.
For the cameras, tomorrow will ship out 14pcs for the back orders. On 15th we can get 30pcs but maybe more. Because Chinese New Year coming all slow now, so I am thinking ship all after we back from holiday. But if we lucky We will get 100pcs on 20th. Anyone can wait just send message to me, as I know right now no guys have stock. So just have a wait. Shipping speed is fast 2-3 days to USA . Who already get the orders, please confirm orders asap when you test them, and leave us a good feedback on Aliexpress. Have a nice weekend.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Guys, just spent a whole night at hospital, my brother have a serious ill yesterday.But now much better.
For the cameras, tomorrow will ship out 14pcs for the back orders. On 15th we can get 30pcs but maybe more. Because Chinese New Year coming all slow now, so I am thinking ship all after we back from holiday. But if we lucky We will get 100pcs on 20th. Anyone can wait just send message to me, as I know right now no guys have stock. So just have a wait. Shipping speed is fast 2-3 days to USA . Who already get the orders, please confirm orders asap when you test them, and leave us a good feedback on Aliexpress. Have a nice weekend.
Shipping after new year means selling again after new year on aliexpress. For those ones when we get them we all ship out same day

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
the ez-rj 45 is pricey, but I don't make cables all THAT often with how cheap they are on monoprice and using the normal cheaper connectors isn't impossible, it's just annoying, with the ez connectors you just get the wires lined up and push them all the way through and chop them off, you aren't guessing on the length and fiddling with it I can just jam it in all the way until the insulation bottoms out and snip, it was just a suggestion though, anyone else can do whatever they want lol.