Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Now all the situation is the same, this model needs around 4 weeks booking, and i keep booking every week to meet the requirement.I booked HDW5830R-Z 2 months ago, they told me have to wait to 2017.:( So If you have any query, just send message to me separately, here is mainly for the technical issues. thanks.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
fyi ePacket does not include tracking typically; just delivery confirmation.. and is 14-21 days in transit on average vs 3-day DHL; add +$50 for DHL

If they can keep it in stock better than empire they wont get it to you any faster.. ontime delivery is within 27 days.

Tsikura

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My order got shipped out this morning. DHL is delivering tomorrow. Meanwhile I got an ePacket delivery at 20 days so far. I would just stick with empire. His presence here alone makes buying from him better.

Attachments

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I sent a PM to Empire, no reply yet ...... He is still around ?
@nayr ... Nice your avatar, but the one on the ubnt forum looks more ... realistic :)
Cheers,
jonatha

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
hah; yeah I'll change it back eventually.. I like being constantly reminded this year didnt completely suck. (not a bronco's fan)

think its like ~4am right now in China; dont expect speedy responses when communicating via AliExpress unless your an insomniac.. usually has about a day's latency otherwise.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I sent a PM to Empire, no reply yet ...... He is still around ?
@nayr ... Nice your avatar, but the one on the ubnt forum looks more ... realistic :)
Cheers,
jonatha
Here is the schedule for the shipment,
1.All orders before yesterday can ship out next week via DHL, as i sent all message to the buyers. Now dhl also little slow due to the busy shopping seasons. E-packet i can't use it, even worse than before. And easy lost parcels. I seldom use slow way for more than 100USD ones, for some EU country they have some tax, i now use UPS tax pre-paid way here in China, seems good, but little longer 9-14days delivery time. But 17% VAT can save. Anyway, this just as a service.

2.New stock will come around 15th.Dec, not too many around 30-40pcs.

3. The bulk stock will come around 25th Dec, so this part of stock you will not get them after 2017. If lucky, we can do earlier.
Thanks all guys support!
P.S we are in China, 12hours different,yours morning, our afternoon.

Andy

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Some of us in Europe have to pay 21% vat even. And that comes on top of import handling fee of 13€, import duty (between 5-15% depending on the category of the item). In practive a $100 item with $15 shipping ends up in the 150-160€ Range..

bjornhallberg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm also curious about shipping options and best practices. DHL/UPS sounds nice and fast but isn't import duties basically guaranteed? I.e. isn't it better to wait a month and take your chances with slow standard shipping (if available). I mean, that is how I normally buy things from China. Using DHL sounds risky to me.

Xenon54

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been looking at the other EXMOR R options and in the ultra-smart range and I noticed the IPC-HDBW8231E-Zdome, which is very similar apart from having 140db dynamic range and a marginally better (0.005Lux) min illumination. What confused me was there's also an ultra-smart 3MP domeIPC-HDBW8331E-Z which appears to be otherwise identical to the 2MP dome, suggesting you can add 50% more pixels with no trade-offs, which doesn't seem right and would suggest it's an even better sensor?

It's twice the price compared to this IPC-HDW5231R-Z, so not as good bang-for-buck, and it's a shame they don't make it in a turret version, but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts anyway on how much you gain by going from 2MP 120db 0.006Lux to 3MP 140db 0.005Lux. Assuming they're both zoomed to the optimal focal length, I imagine the extra resolution is nice bump up in capability, but I'm not sure what the extra dynamic range gets you in practice?

FYI It also appears to be available from EMPIRE...

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I've been looking at the other EXMOR R options and in the ultra-smart range and I noticed the IPC-HDBW8231E-Zdome, which is very similar apart from having 140db dynamic range and a marginally better (0.005Lux) min illumination. What confused me was there's also an ultra-smart 3MP domeIPC-HDBW8331E-Z which appears to be otherwise identical to the 2MP dome, suggesting you can add 50% more pixels with no trade-offs, which doesn't seem right and would suggest it's an even better sensor?

It's twice the price compared to this IPC-HDW5231R-Z, so not as good bang-for-buck, and it's a shame they don't make it in a turret version, but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts anyway on how much you gain by going from 2MP 120db 0.006Lux to 3MP 140db 0.005Lux. Assuming they're both zoomed to the optimal focal length, I imagine the extra resolution is nice bump up in capability, but I'm not sure what the extra dynamic range gets you in practice?

FYI It also appears to be available from EMPIRE...
This camera now replaced by IPC-HFW8232E-Z and adding heating function, so that is more expensive than the normal ones. So if you live in clod area this would be a good choice. You can check the IPC-HFW5232R-Z, Dahua 8XXX is the ultra smart one. The best and most expensive ones.
IPC-HFW5231E-Z | Dahua Technology

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm also curious about shipping options and best practices. DHL/UPS sounds nice and fast but isn't import duties basically guaranteed? I.e. isn't it better to wait a month and take your chances with slow standard shipping (if available). I mean, that is how I normally buy things from China. Using DHL sounds risky to me.
Shipping companies that avoid import duties are called smugglers, and they aren't found among the options on aliexpress.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Shipping companies that avoid import duties are called smugglers, and they aren't found among the options on aliexpress.
Not exactly that, we sell on amazon EU, and the guys there hate tax, so i use air shipping to NL, and NL UPS pick up them, tax pre-paid. So when the guys get the cameras without any tax, they are happy, just need little time. Any way, EU tax is too crazy. Last time i ship a HFW1320S only 80EUROS cost, but charged 30EUROS TAX.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I pay tax enough to the state.. 36-52% of my income goes to the state.
So from the extra things like these I buy I worked for 100, got 48, now buy something for that 48 and get taxed on that 21% and than have left to spend a only 38 for goods.

On import they charge me 13 for paperwork, than some import duty (perhaps 5%) and 21% VAT over it all (product, shipping, paperwork cost, import duty)

buckfast

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
anybody know what model number mounts work with this camera? I have looked on the Dahua website and cannot find this model when searching the supporting hardware diagrams

baraider

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This camera now replaced by IPC-HFW8232E-Z and adding heating function, so that is more expensive than the normal ones. So if you live in clod area this would be a good choice. You can check the IPC-HFW5232R-Z, Dahua 8XXX is the ultra smart one. The best and most expensive ones.
IPC-HFW5231E-Z | Dahua Technology
I sent you a PM asking on info how to order 2 of these.

Reading your post above, are you saying there is a newer version than this IPC-HDW5231R-Z that you are selling?