Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nice I hope I am in that batch also :)

Last edited:

doretau

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@nayr sorry don't mean to hijack this thread but do you have a Dahua NVR you can recommend? i plan to install 6-8 cams and have seen some NVRs with quad-core processor - is this necessary?

Tsikura

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
lol. Chase wants me to replace my debit card I used on aliexpress to buy the cameras. I had no problem so far but I guess I'll go direct to Andy with paypal.

We're sending you a new Chase debit or ATM card because yours may be at risk for fraud

Dear DAVID :
The security of your financial information is important to us. We're sending you a new Chase debit or ATM
card because an incident by a third party may have put your card ending in 8596 at risk for fraud. Your new
card should arrive within 10 days, and it will have a new number, but the same PIN.

That aside, I am loving this camera. It feels so heavy and solidly built. Can't wait to put it up Saturday. Putting up my two ptz too.

Reaction score
OK so i believe i have read this stuff over pretty well over the last few days, i am all new to this. I want to use these cameras in a new build for my home, i am on a tight budget but want to get surveillance going so my question is this. Can i grab a few of theses cameras now and just install microsd in them and hook them up to a poe switch and to my existing router? I would like to be able to view the live feed via LAN as well as out and about via phone/tablet or other pc. I realize the idea situation is to have an NVR or PC to run all this on which is what i will do soon, but the funds are not there. Is this possible?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
OK so i believe i have read this stuff over pretty well over the last few days, i am all new to this. I want to use these cameras in a new build for my home, i am on a tight budget but want to get surveillance going so my question is this. Can i grab a few of theses cameras now and just install microsd in them and hook them up to a poe switch and to my existing router? I would like to be able to view the live feed via LAN as well as out and about via phone/tablet or other pc.
yes that will work

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

In 2nd half of this video there is no external light source other than tonights 1/2 moon, audio had to be disabled for that part because youtube didnt like it for some reason.
Where do you have audio for this cam? I can´t find anything about having an microphone integrated (and i also see no mic hole on the cam)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Where do you have audio for this cam? I can´t find anything about having an microphone integrated (and i also see no mic hole on the cam)
Its right in the spec sheet...

slowhand23

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I received my starlight from Andy and have been testing indoors with good results thus far. I haven't considered audio a priority in the past but I did try & was unsuccessful using a Dahua 5208-8P-4KS2 NVR. Below is my limited understanding & testing try, what am I missing?

My understanding is audio is transmitted thru cat6 cable, no additional cables required
Had audio/video box checked in NVR camera setup
I had some powered PC speakers hooked up to the mic in/out rca jack & volume up. No audio out connections.

Thanks!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
page, 1.. first image.. mic hole is clearly visible between the two IR LED's and right above the green light sensor.. its not visible in marketing materials.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
NVR5208-4KS2 or NVR5216-4KS2 if you have POE Switch.
Off topic:

Andy,
Are the NVR 4216-4KS2 / 4416-4KS2 models not also having a quad core processor nowdays ?

The step up from lite to pro modell (4xxx to 5xxx) seems 12 MP support, dewarping and 2 HDMI outputs with a quick scan. (also 200 vs 320 mbps recording rate)

Main difference I could find that interest me: are 4 alarm inputs for the 2 hdd versions and 16 alarm inputs for the 4 hdd versions. (power use also seems to doubles from 2 to 4 hdd version)

Prices on aliexpress (BEC)

5216-4KS2 241
5416-4KS2 394

You seem not to have the 4216-4KS2 or the 4416-4KS2 in your shop (only other/older -4K models)

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Off topic:

Andy,
Are the NVR 4216-4KS2 / 4416-4KS2 models not also having a quad core processor nowdays ?

The step up from lite to pro modell (4xxx to 5xxx) seems 12 MP support, dewarping and 2 HDMI outputs with a quick scan. (also 200 vs 320 mbps recording rate)

Main difference I could find that interest me: are 4 alarm inputs for the 2 hdd versions and 16 alarm inputs for the 4 hdd versions. (power use also seems to doubles from 2 to 4 hdd version)

Prices on aliexpress (BEC)

5216-4KS2 241
5416-4KS2 394

You seem not to have the 4216-4KS2 or the 4416-4KS2 in your shop (only other/older -4K models)
Right now has a big problem for the new models stock in, so i will not put it online till the goods arrived our warewhouse. Some models even delayed for 2 months.lol.......
Actually speaking, 5xxx is better for using if you use the high resolutions. I will post a compare for the NVRs soon for you guys.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
i just have a bad news to share here, the HDW5231R-Z now having new delay, dahua reply there has some problem for the chips of the batch they are producing. They are solving this right now, before this can't ship anymore stocks to me.....so the time have to delay around 1 week now. Tomorrow will ship 20pcs for those who wait too long time guys. So sorry for this. What we shipped all no problem.
Andy

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
right now i have 10pcs IPC-HDBW5231R-Z the housing different, if any guy can accept this model that would be great.;)

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Bad experience with a dome and internal IR light and reflections with the dome material. Also rain drops on it that run down hurt picture a lot (fuzzy area that moves slowly through image)
This is with Hikvision mini dome (2.8 mm lens )mounted on flat wall, so perhaps not the ideal way to mount a dome..

Last edited: