Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

Tsikura

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you running the ethernet yourself? He meant to just drill a small hole through the cement/grout between each brick to pass the cable. Don't drill the brill itself.

Jmtyra

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Edit: Was re-reading (again) the OP initial post and found this. Is this correct or another vendor?

Sorry to side-track; what is Andy's store name? I tried the camera name and "EMPIRETECANDY" on AliExpress with no success.

Again sorry for the n00b question here.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I believe they have multiple store fronts; Andy maintains his own and I did not originally buy mine from Andy's.. I think I got it from another sales person's store at same company because it was the only listing at the time..

Andy's the one offering discounts for members, providing me with samples to test/compare, and been providing customer service on the forums here so I'd urge you to use his store front as possible as he deserves the sales for his contributions here.. We've had alot of AliExpress vendors come on here before; but few have been as useful as @EMPIRETECANDY and he hasn't tried to spam us in the least..

I like that his free shipping is DHL and not ePacket; so take that into consideration when comparing prices from other vendors.

Iceman24

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Okay, so using link in your original post that goes to BEC store camera listing is the one to use then?

freddyq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you running the ethernet yourself? He meant to just drill a small hole through the cement/grout between each brick to pass the cable. Don't drill the brill itself.
As in drill the grout to create a "ditch" to travel the cable underneath the base and then crimp on the end? The cable has already been run from the area where the switch is in the house to a hole at the front of the house where the cable has been pulled out from but the camera won't be going where the hole is, it will be about 3 metres to one side, hence my question about how the cable connects into the camera.

Last edited:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
no; as you can see on the mount it has a passthrough cutout if you need to run the cabling out externally.. the drilling through was my suggestion if you can punch a hole through the maisonry work directly behind the mount.

if you have to passthrough the brick work at another point from the cameras location, then mount to junction box then run 1/2" EMT conduit to the point where you can break through to inside and hold it in place with a couple conduit straps anchored down also into the mortar.. the conduit can be painted to match your brickwork and bent into all sorts of shapes with a conduit bender.

freddyq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
no; as you can see on the mount it has a passthrough cutout if you need to run the cabling out externally.. the drilling through was my suggestion if you can punch a hole through the maisonry work directly behind the mount.

if you have to passthrough the brick work at another point from the cameras location, then mount to junction box then run 1/2" EMT conduit to the point where you can break through to inside and hold it in place with a couple conduit straps anchored down also into the mortar.. the conduit can be painted to match your brickwork and bent into all sorts of shapes with a conduit bender.
OK so I do need to buy the junction box for this camera which is the main thing I wanted to figure out. Thanks for all the explanations here and apologies for being a bit dim about it!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would wager that @EMPIRETECANDY can get his hands on the junction box if he dont already have em in stock.. would be worth inquiring about to see if you can get it all shipped in the same package since he uses DHL.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a junction box for a Hikvision turret and it works great to get that ethernet "pigtail" out of sight. It is nice sealed off from the weather outside. Is in gneral prepared take out part in the side for conduit.

My solution will be a piece of conduit through the brick wall and into a PFB203W mount. But the challenge there is to get this conduit out the wall on the good spot. That is a one possibility during constuction.
As i have some house drawings, i will place them in other thread for discussion.

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you verify if the pfa137 is the correct mount for this? And how much is it? Thanks

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for you to let me know when I can pay ;-)

mycoma

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
What worked for me was, sending Andy a message on his Ali store ask him for his email, provide him your QTY and item, paypal email, address, phone#

Iceman24

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am mounting this on the exterior wall of a pretty standard stucco house, perhaps on vertical wall, maybe horizontal, hanging. Either way, just need ethernet cable for data/power. Would I need any additional hardware to accomplish this?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
mebe some silicon to seal off the hole in your stucco.. its the easiest to repair of all the finishes so most people dont mind putting a 3/4in hole through it to feed the whole plug into the wall with.. just be careful not to hit a stud.

if for some reason you wanted to delete that camera, just leave the cable in place and patch/paint up the hole.. much like sheetrock.