Dahua Telnet disable tool

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I'm sure most people here are aware of the security issues with having telnet access to your DVR/NVR/IP Cam open at all times. Especially with the Mirai botnet taking over defaulted (username and pass) Dahua and XM devices on a daily basis.

While looking for a firmware the other day I ran across these tools which apparently close telnet on DahuaDVRs/NVRs and IP Cams. I've tested it on a few of their NVRs and it supposedly "upgraded" them by closing the telnet port, according to the prompts.

I tried the IP camera tool as well but was unable to get it to connect to the cameras.

Intro disclaimer:
1. The program is used to upgrade the firmware of the device to disable telnet function. There is no impact on your device operation.
2. Please make sure the device is currently running, and can be accessed through the PC installed with the program.
3. Please make sure the continuous power supply during upgrading.
4. Before using the program, please make sure the program is obtained through the legal means and your device supports it. Please do not distribute the program.
5. After the firmware upgrade is completed, we strongly recommend you to change the device password immediately. Do not keep using the default password or the weak password.
6. If you have any questions on the use of the program or the upgraded device, please contact our technical support.
-Not sure why they wouldn't want software that helps secure their products distributed but if it's on their wiki it's public. You can download from the Dahua wiki using the links above or I've attached the .zip files.

Attachments