Dahua Video Doorbell DB10

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that single-door version. The only doorbell which comes to mind (for now) which works with a power-supply as well as battery is the new Skybell Trim Plus
The manual shows some terminals on the back that can be connected to a chime, there's no indication that it can be powered this way. It does have a market with people in apartments, but I don't think many others will want a rechargeable doorbell.
Someone pointed this out in another thread, but this doorbell camera is somewhat large.

It would be nice of they made a single door version of this: VTO3211D-P2

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that single-door version. The only doorbell which comes to mind (for now) which works with a power-supply as well as battery is the new Skybell Trim Plus
That isn't a single unit model it has 2 buttons for 2 units. It has a better camera than most of these as it's newer. I'd be nice to see a VTO3211D-P1 (presuming p1 would only have 1 button).

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying, I'm pretty sure Dahua will respond and sell a single-door version soon. I wonder how much the two-button version is though, perhaps one of the two buttons can be disabled or used for an alternate part of the premise
That isn't a single door it has 2 buttons for 2 doors. It has a better camera than most of these as it's newer. I'd be nice to see a TO3211D-P1 (presuming p1 would only have 1 button).

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying, I'm pretty sure Dahua will respond and sell a single-door version soon. I wonder how much the two-button version is though, perhaps one of the two buttons can be disabled or used for an alternate part of the premise
maybe just label 1 button "solicitors"

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
:goodpost:
Great Idea! That should give them the appropriate answer.
trick would be can you automate the playback of a particular audio clip from home alone for anyone who pushes that button.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Definitely a pair of loud enough speakers with high fidelity to complement your idea as well, haha

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I always prefer Dahua products even with the bad experience I had with the 5231 yesterday but still I knew that Dahua build good products compare to all the other cameras out there that I have installed and configured for others.
'
Even if you think this doorbell is a joke, I think it 10x better than the "Ring" doorbell that have gain popularity in the last few months due to an app called "Nextdoor" . Everyone is raving about that doorbell in Nextdoor and encouraging other to get it.
i get 5pcs today from dahua, so can sell soon. ;)

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Maybe someone who orders a unit can somehow rig up a hardwire mod to the microusb charging port in the back of this doorbell to allow for use with NVR:)

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe someone who orders a unit can somehow rig up a hardwire mod to the microusb charging port in the back of this doorbell to allow for use with NVR:)
I think you could rig up a charger of some kind. Keeping it compatible with an existing chime would be harder without running more wires. It may already be able to get power from the terminals on the back, but there's no indication it can in the manual or specs.

As far as using it with an NVR, I wouldn't be too optimistic. This model is wifi only and I'm pretty sure it's designed to sleep unless it detects motion or someone pushes the button. I think it's also designed to talk to a dahua cloud service and may not even have a local rtsp stream.

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If no RTSP streaming, then that is a major drawback for price of unit. Even the cloud based ezviz wifi hikvision ip camera allows me to record via NVR. Hopefully there will be some user reviews soon.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Honestly I'd just hold out for a VTO3211D-P1 (which doesn't exist yet).

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've got he Dahua DB10 door bell. I am a resller of Dahua products in my country. I bought one of these units to test before I placed a bulk order and boy was I disappointed. The battery life is no one near the 5 months as advertised more like 3 days on a full charge. However my main gripe with this product is that is just doesn't work, I can live view the camera from the app however when someone pressing the doorbell I recieve no push notifications on my phone. This was tested with 2 different phones and I got the same results, I had hope the new "Lechange" app would fix the issue but it did not. After constant communication and testing with dahua tech support I just got fed up and counted it as a loss. This is my second disappointment from dahua as I had a similiar experience with their new wifi alarm kits. For "traditional" video surveillance I beleive Dahua is top notch however these new IOT devices I would stay far away from as I beleive not enough testing is done on these products. Photo of packaged product here BITS
Yeah I wouldn't touch one of their alarms with a ten foot pole. Out of curiosity, did you try hooking the terminals in the back to an existing doorbell? Does it draw any power power from those terminals? Most doorbell cameras and intercoms aren't very good, especially almost all of the ones for sale at stores in the USA.

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I've got he Dahua DB10 door bell. I am a resller of Dahua products in my country. I bought one of these units to test before I placed a bulk order and boy was I disappointed. The battery life is no way near the 5 months as advertised more like 3 days on a full charge. However my main gripe with this product is that is just doesn't work, I can live view the camera from the app however when someone pressing the doorbell I recieve no push notifications on my phone. This was tested on 2 different phones and I got the same results, I had hope the new "Lechange" app would fix the issue but it did not. After constant communication and testing with dahua tech support I just got fed up and counted it as a loss. This is my second disappointment from dahua as I had a similiar experience with their new wifi alarm kits. For "traditional" video surveillance I beleive Dahua is top notch however these new IOT devices I would stay far away from as I beleive not enough testing is done on these products. Photo of packaged product here BITS
Yeah, this is a new product need time to perfect them. For the alarms i not sell, i think those not made by dahua themselves , maybe other company OEM.
Door bell will be dahua's important product soon. They want to do big at home product. Now is at Chinese new year holiday, i will report this to them when we back to work too.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've got he Dahua DB10 door bell. I am a resller of Dahua products in my country. I bought one of these units to test before I placed a bulk order and boy was I disappointed. The battery life is no way near the 5 months as advertised more like 3 days on a full charge. However my main gripe with this product is that is just doesn't work, I can live view the camera from the app however when someone pressing the doorbell I recieve no push notifications on my phone. This was tested on 2 different phones and I got the same results, I had hope the new "Lechange" app would fix the issue but it did not. After constant communication and testing with dahua tech support I just got fed up and counted it as a loss. This is my second disappointment from dahua as I had a similiar experience with their new wifi alarm kits. For "traditional" video surveillance I beleive Dahua is top notch however these new IOT devices I would stay far away from as I beleive not enough testing is done on these products. Photo of packaged product here BITS
That's disappointing, but as we have found here, Dahua is lacking on firmware QC.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That's disappointing, but as we have found here, Dahua is lacking on firmware QC.
I think the camera itself will be pretty good, but in this case I think the overall hardware concept has some flaws.

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, 3 days is pathetic for full battery depletion so unless Dahua modifies the rear usb to allow for wired power from door bell transformer , it'll be an expensive doorstop. That is even before not having any RTSP streams built-in, poorly featured firmware, etc.... It took Hikvision numerous iterations of firmware updates before they got a stable wifi video doorbell even though I'd prefer a Dahua branded one that will play better with my Dahua 4KS2 NVR and do IVS like my other Dahua IVS cameras. Maybe v2 or v3 would be worth revisting:winktongue: