Dahua VTH (VTH2421FB-P) : How to change ring tone?

rfc19

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have searched far and wide trying to figure out how to change the absurd ring tone of our VTH device, but am coming up stuck no matter which thread I follow. The closest I have gotten is using this post; however, my version of the VTH does not allow for the removal of the SD card, so I am unable to load the ringtone onto the card.

I just want a simple 'ding dong'. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

N-i-k-s-o-n

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello,

I have searched far and wide trying to figure out how to change the absurd ring tone of our VTH device, but am coming up stuck no matter which thread I follow. The closest I have gotten is using this post; however, my version of the VTH does not allow for the removal of the SD card, so I am unable to load the ringtone onto the card.

I just want a simple 'ding dong'. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hello. In your intercom monitor model, to remove the SD card, you need to remove the back cover, it is attached with a few screws and latches, this is easy to do. The problem is that the size of the melody should be no more than 100 KB.

rfc19

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. In your intercom monitor model, to remove the SD card, you need to remove the back cover, it is attached with a few screws and latches, this is easy to do. The problem is that the size of the melody should be no more than 100 KB.
Thanks for your reply. I got the SD card out (just needed some force). Seems like there was no obvious Ringtone directory, so i created one and uploaded my <100KB file. Any easier way to get the ringtone changed?

N-i-k-s-o-n

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I got the SD card out (just needed some force). Seems like there was no obvious Ringtone directory, so i created one and uploaded my <100KB file. Any easier way to get the ringtone changed?
1673267337957.png

N-i-k-s-o-n

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That must be for an older version of the firmware. I have done this - where am I meant to see the new ringtone? I assume in the spot where the two default ones are… if yes, it isn’t there
What firmware version are you using? Now version 4.6 is relevant for your intercom, but you need to check with your local technical support for the version for which region you should use in your country.

rfc19

n3wb
Reaction score
VTO is V4.410.0000003.0.R

I am not sure how to find the VTH version. I am also having problems upgrading the VTH/VTO devices - they aren't showing up in the ConfigTool, but that's another issue!