Dahua VTO2000 no mobile notifications in gDMSS Plus ...

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
let us know ... I have just relaunched my vendor as well ...

Skybluedd

n3wb
Reaction score
Just had an answer from Dahua in response to my issue of intermittent push notifications. They tell me that the next update will clear this issue up. I have asked them to verify when the next update is due but i haven't had a response yet.

Jagradang

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not holding up my hopes considering they tried blaming me for the issue earlier claiming there is an issue with my network

Skybluedd

n3wb
Reaction score
@Jagradang , been there, got the t-shirt. however i have just had a reply from Dahua saying next update is due in the next 1 to 3 weeks. we can but hope.

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has someone tried to reinstall another previous version of Gdmss on its mobile ? It is possi le as we can find the historical versions of the Play store on internet ...

Skybluedd

n3wb
Reaction score
yes, i have found lots of previous versions on Aptoide. i have installed various versions but unfortunately none of them work at present. oh and also on a recent email back from Dahua they stated that they are no longer updating GDMSS lite. just in case anybody was thinking of installing it!

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
yes, i have found lots of previous versions on Aptoide. i have installed various versions but unfortunately none of them work at present. oh and also on a recent email back from Dahua they stated that they are no longer updating GDMSS lite. just in case anybody was thinking of installing it!
First of, why not deploying gDMSS plus (it's free!) - there were some versions where the notifications died, but the current version does work very well on my VTO (and IVS triggers on NVR/HFW/HDW cams).

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
gDMSS Plus is not free according me ... the HD version is, but that is for Tablet.
Notifications stopped working as per gDMSS Plus version 4.30.002.

I just tested as well the gDMSS HD on my tablet but I am not sure what alarm I need to set ... I have enabled the Portier, Push type is set to "PReview live" ... but then I have a lot of other options for IVS, Action detection, etc etc ...

Skybluedd

n3wb
Reaction score
i did pay for gDMSS plus originally but i am lead to believe it is now free. With them stopping updates for Gdmss lite and making Gdmss plus free it makes me wonder if there is a new app due out very soon which we will have to pay for again?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
gDMSS Plus is not free according me ... the HD version is, but that is for Tablet.
Notifications stopped working as per gDMSS Plus version 4.30.002.

I just tested as well the gDMSS HD on my tablet but I am not sure what alarm I need to set ... I have enabled the Portier, Push type is set to "PReview live" ... but then I have a lot of other options for IVS, Action detection, etc etc ...
If you see options like "IVS", you are not pointing the alarm manager to the VTO but to a "regular" IP camera. For the VTO, you only should see one slider per VTO.

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On gDMSS HD (so tablet), there is no such difference between a camera and a VTO portier...

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Update from my vendor :

Good news, at the end of this week a new version is uploaded to the play stores, in other words it will be fixed at the end of the week.
Dahua is not saying in public, Dahua confirmed to us, which is more than enough, so that we can inform our customers.

Atechnical

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here is an update I just received from my vendor :

"We received to many complaints already, hoping that they fix it asap.
Sorry there is no workaround, have to wait, the chinese new year celebration is also not helping...."
I've been researching this problem for a few days and found this link from 2014. Same or at least similar issue with GDMS and it occurs at the same time of the year,Chinese New year. Coinkidink?

Dahua NVR and gDMSS, Android doesn't receive any events:help

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My notifications started magically working on my phone yesterday 18 Feb 2019. Now I can see videos of alarm events again.

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
still not ok for me. What version of the app are you using ?