Dahua WIZMIND X SERIES

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I just checked out the Dahua website and the illumination numbers look very, very promising. Also the varifocals are there with the good illumination numbers. Even the 12MP has decent numbers. OK Andy, I am ready to buy a 7842H-Z-X for a trial run. If it works out like I think, I will be ordering more providing the price is not too far out of sight.

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have been using the Dahua HFW-7442H-Z4 4MP AI IR with a 4MP, 1/1.8” CMOS sensor 8mm-32mm zoom camera since September of 2021. Pricing at that time was in the mid $450 range.

The application here is for day and night LPR. The camera was used in combination with the Dahua DHI-NVR5216-16P-I/L NVR.

Have since moved over to BI and do not store or retain LPR/vehicle images. Thus no need for the extra camera smarts.

It would be great if the camera had a 1/1.2 sensor in place of the 1/1.8!!

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Have been using the Dahua HFW-7442H-Z4 4MP AI IR with a 4MP, 1/1.8” CMOS sensor 8mm-32mm zoom camera since September of 2021. Pricing at that time was in the mid $450 range.

The application here is for day and night LPR. The camera was used in combination with the Dahua DHI-NVR5216-16P-I/L NVR.

Have since moved over to BI and do not store or retain LPR/vehicle images. Thus no need for the extra camera smarts.

It would be great if the camera had a 1/1.2 sensor in place of the 1/1.8!!
I think the difference is in how the latest software handles the information. The new 180 degree cameras are on the 1/1.8" sensor but their nighttime capabilities looks like it would be on the 1/1.2" sensor. That is why I am willing to buy one and see the results.

Last edited:

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm interested to see how AIs like ChatGPT and others can improve the software. Playing with Midjourney AI and generating images from a text prompt has blown me away! As these same AIs learn how to code, I think we'll see major, major improvements in the AI provided in the cameras. The future is here.