Dahua WIZMIND X SERIES

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
aha, 12mp and 8MP price no big difference, i may only keep 12MP to sell get the best resolution one, lol.
If the night time quality of the picture is the same, then I can see you doing that and I would be interested in buying one, if that is indeed the case. However, the 12MP version will put even more stress on my system. Hahahaha

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Any word on a PTZ that can do autotracking and face detection? I'd definitely be interested in that.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any word on a PTZ that can do autotracking and face detection? I'd definitely be interested in that.
I have not tested it, but the miniPTZ says it can.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
This one does face detection and face recognition. Plus it has very good night vision. Here is the link.

New Arriving Sd8c845fg-hnf 8mp 45x 1/1.2'' Cmos Dual Light Fusion Electronic Defog Network Ptz Camera, Free Shipping - Ip Camera - AliExpress
I was thinking sub-$1000 USD! lol

If my $200 SD1A404XB can do brilliant face captures and a $400 SD4225 can do auto-tracking, there must be a way to get both capabilities at once into a $1000 PTZ. But at that price, it may eat into sales of the more expensive models.

And I wouldn't want to try my luck importing a PTZ with 45x zoom. I may never see the light of day again!

Reaction score
Looks like Looney is going to be reviewing this camera. So, we will find out what all it does. :D ;) :)
That is not the cam Looney is going to review. He is reviewing the SD8C848PA1-HNF, which is the Spring Sale Lottery Super Prize. I had won it but really do not have a place for it and I did not think it right to sell it. So Andy is going to have Looney review it.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm going to grab one of these in a couple months. SD6CE245GB-HNR It's a newer model with SMD 4.0 and Auto-tracking 3.0.
It states face detection as well.
I reread my first message and I wasn't clear. I'd like a PTZ that can do face detection and autotracking at the same time.

All the sub $2k cameras seem to be limited to one or the other.

If the fixed cameras of this new series can do both at a sub $1k price point, I'm sure a PTZ that can do both wouldn't cost $3k

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was thinking sub-$1000 USD! lol

If my $200 SD1A404XB can do brilliant face captures and a $400 SD4225 can do auto-tracking, there must be a way to get both capabilities at once into a $1000 PTZ. But at that price, it may eat into sales of the more expensive models.

And I wouldn't want to try my luck importing a PTZ with 45x zoom. I may never see the light of day again!
And the local criminals might going to rob your place just for the 45x zoom PTZ if they didn't have interest before that. They are probably thinking if this guy from Canada can afford a $3,000 security camera at the house, there must be something else worth a lot more in this place.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
And the local criminals might going to rob your place just for the 45x zoom PTZ if they didn't have interest before that. They are probably thinking if this guy from Canada can afford a $3,000 security camera at the house, there must be something else worth a lot more in this place.
Believe me, even without any show of "wealth", just being a foreigner living here makes me a target. People will assume I have tonnes of cash and valueables in the house, I don't.

Which is why I'm vigilant and use my cameras proactively.

If I have time later, I will post the "elephant walk" of three thieves at 3am this morning.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That is not the cam Looney is going to review. He is reviewing the SD8C848PA1-HNF, which is the Spring Sale Lottery Super Prize. I had won it but really do not have a place for it and I did not think it right to sell it. So Andy is going to have Looney review it.
I love the video quality of the camera but don't have a place for such a big camera also. I'll be in the same boat as you if I had won.:)

But once you won it it's yours, you have every right to deal with it anyway you like. Maybe you can exchange the camera with other
guys in the forum you trusted who wants high quality big PTZ for things you actually need after the Looney review.

Reaction score
But once you won it it's yours, you have every right to deal with it anyway you like. Maybe you can exchange the camera with other
guys in the forum you trusted who wants high quality big PTZ for things you actually need after the Looney review.
I had thought about that also. But I felt that it would not be in the spirit of the lottery that Andy put together. It just did not feel right to me. I told Andy that he could pick a new winner, but he stated that maybe the best option for the good of the group here was to have someone do a review. I do not feel that I could do justice for a review of this cam. I have no place to mount it that would give the large optical zoom a test. I also really do not have the time or energy due to health issues to undertake a full-camera review.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Believe me, even without any show of "wealth", just being a foreigner living here makes me a target. People will assume I have tonnes of cash and valueables in the house, I don't.

Which is why I'm vigilant and use my cameras proactively.

If I have time later, I will post the "elephant walk" of three thieves at 3am this morning.
Done.