Dahua X72A3A 16 port BNC XVR wireless camera support

Batman15

n3wb
Reaction score
Good Evening:
I am really getting wrapped around the axel with this. The security company that sold me my XVR, told me that I can add wireless cameras to my XVR. Does anyone know how to do this and have it record to the XVR? I am looking for a simple yes or no and if YES just the basic steps. I would also appreciate a camera recommendation (preferably Dahua). Everything that I have read, says that it supports IP ethernet attached cameras I can't find anywhere where it states that you can add a wireless camera to the XVR.

Much Gratitude!

Mark K.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Good Evening:
I am really getting wrapped around the axel with this. The security company that sold me my XVR, told me that I can add wireless cameras to my XVR. Does anyone know how to do this and have it record to the XVR? I am looking for a simple yes or no and if YES just the basic steps. I would also appreciate a camera recommendation (preferably Dahua). Everything that I have read, says that it supports IP ethernet attached cameras I can't find anywhere where it states that you can add a wireless camera to the XVR.

Much Gratitude!

Mark K.
Yes. The xvr does not know whether the camera is wired or wireless. It simply knows its ip address. The camera connects to your network via your router. You have to manually add the camera, it wont be plug and play. Consider the downsides to wireless as discussed in many threads. Run a cable.