Deep Stack is not helping.

GaryK4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah that is a lite series camera so it will not have AI and its motion detection would be worse.

Upgrade to a 5442 and the AI trigger can be sent to BI and you can get rid of all that Deepstack stuff since your use case is vehicle and people.

That is not a PTZ camera. I manually look at other presets at times, then return to preset #1. Would most motion detection camera's be able to send AI triggers to BI?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, your camera now would be able to send motion detection triggers from the camera to BI, but since they are not AI, the motion detection is worse in the cameras than spending the time to dial in the zones in BI.

Try this bad boy LOL

Here is how you bring in camera triggers to BI:

In BI, there are a few places you need to set this up in BI (assuming you already set up the motion detection in the camera GUI):

In Camera configure setting check the box "Get ONVIF triggers".

Hit Find/Inspect on the camera setting to pull the coding for the triggers.

Go into Motion Setting and select the "Cameras digital input" box.

On the Alerts tab uncheck the Motions Zones tab (those are alerting you to any BI motion in those areas in Zones A thru H)

On the alerts tab set up how to be notified.

Anytime you make changes to the presets in the camera GUI, you need to redo the find/inspect in BI

GaryK4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, your camera now would be able to send motion detection triggers from the camera to BI, but since they are not AI, the motion detection is worse in the cameras than spending the time to dial in the zones in BI.

Try this bad boy LOL

In BI, there are a few places you need to set this up in BI (assuming you already set up the motion detection in the camera GUI):

On the Alerts tab uncheck the Motions Zones tab (those are alerting you to any BI motion in those areas in Zones A thru H)

Anytime you make changes to the presets in the camera GUI, you need to redo the find/inspect in BI
Looks really good. I may give it a try.
Thanks.

GaryK4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Try this bad boy LOL

I just purchased and installed the "bad boy". Mounting was a little work because my house is on a down slope, making the eave to street height small. Made a wedge to "look up" and that worked great.
"Go into Motion Setting and select the "Cameras digital input" box." <-- I could not find this.​
I assume that I do NOT use DeepStack if the camera is doing the work. Correct?​

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah the screen has changed based on the version - it will be something like digital input or something now.

That is correct, if you have set up the camera correctly to trigger for human and/or vehicle and that is your only concern, then no deepstack is not needed.

GaryK4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I installed the Empire Tech camera and let it do the motion detection and tracking. It solved my problem with shadows and false triggers. For the most part, I love the camera. Tracking can be a little flaky at times, but nothing that really matters. I glad I got the tip from this forum!