DeepStack LPR Custom Model

How is the License-Plate model performing fo you?

• Total voters

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need to create a folder in the DeepStack folder (MyModels) and copy the license-plate.pt file there. Also check the box next to Use custom model folder. Below are my camera IA settings.

1639352145920.png
LPR AI settings.JPG

Gargoile

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You need to create a folder in the DeepStack folder (MyModels) and copy the license-plate.pt file there. Also check the box next to Use custom model folder. Below are my camera IA settings.

View attachment 111774
Thank you for the screen shots.
1. You need to create a folder in the DeepStack folder CHECK
2. Copy the license-plate.pt file there. Check
3. Select use custom model folder. Check

I do not have an AI tab or option. I am looking in my camera settings and it is not there. Where is that tab located?

1639370210860.png

OfficerD00fy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Cant seem to get custom models working. If I have any files in the custom models folder in Deepstack for example

C:/Deepstack/CustomModels/licence.pt
Will cause my Deepstack to time out and not detect anything

C:/Deepstack/CustomModels/Licence/licence.pt
Works but I dont think its actually scanning any custom models or for this matter licence plates.
Any idea why Deepstack would just timeout and not scan with a .pt in the custom folder directory.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Cant seem to get custom models working. If I have any files in the custom models folder in Deepstack for example

C:/Deepstack/CustomModels/licence.pt
Will cause my Deepstack to time out and not detect anything

C:/Deepstack/CustomModels/Licence/licence.pt
Works but I dont think its actually scanning any custom models or for this matter licence plates.
Any idea why Deepstack would just timeout and not scan with a .pt in the custom folder directory.
Try changing the folder name back to Blue Iris default name (C:/Deepstack/MyModels) and make sure settings match.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

OfficerD00fy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Below are the settings I use.
n
Missing a few cars that are bright and clear as day. Would modifying "analyze one each" and increasing to 250-500ms fix this?
Cars approximately 30-40km/h will get picked up.
Anything 10-20km/h (Snail pace) doesn't get picked up as a licence plate.

Would you be able to post your pre-trigger recording and hot spot settings. I think you've perfected your setup... mine not so much.
I have your license-plate.pt working with the licence-plate.pt so hopefully better detections.

Last edited:

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Missing a few cars that are bright and clear as day. Would modifying "analyze one each" and increasing to 250-500ms fix this?

Would you be able to post your pre-trigger recording and hot spot settings. I think you've perfected your setup... mine not so much.
I have your license-plate.pt working with the licence-plate.pt so hopefully better detections.
@OfficerD00fy below are my Trigger and AI settings for Day and Night

Day Settings:
D1.jpg
D2.jpg
D3.jpg
D4.jpg
D5.jpg
D6.jpg
D7.jpg

Night Settings:
N1.jpg
N2.jpg
N3.jpg
N4.jpg

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

@OfficerD00fy did you get the custom model working with the settings I posted?

OfficerD00fy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Turn on Save DeepStack analysis details and post screenshots of the canceled alerts DeepStack analysis details

View attachment 112968
I can't even run the DAT file in time. The Alert lasts one second.. Day works well.
I've forgotten what settings I had for night where it'd be at least picking up 60% of the vehicles. As soon as night comes it gets 0 plates now.
Actually I think Deepstack is not even analysing at night. It just says Motion A. Usually it says nothing found. I assume maybe a setting is wrong?

Attachments

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I can't even run the DAT file in time. The Alert lasts one second.. Day works well.
I've forgotten what settings I had for night where it'd be at least picking up 60% of the vehicles. As soon as night comes it gets 0 plates now.
Actually I think Deepstack is not even analysing at night. It just says Motion A. Usually it says nothing found. I assume maybe a setting is wrong?
Do you have a day and night schedule set for just the LPR camera green is day red is night and do you have all of the trigger setting as the previous post
1640149764747.png

dimammx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@MikeLud1 the model works pretty well, but I think we can make it even better with community contributed annotated training material. If you think this is something you are interested in doing, I am willing to do some training set annotation on my captures.