DH-DB6I Doorbell warning, DO NOT UPGRADE FIRMWARE!

Jim_OS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yay, I found the/a solution! :cool:

The old TCP/IP settings for the DB61i (IP = 192.168.1.161). Note the 192.168.1.108 is the IP from the NVR.

DB61i_TCP_IP.png

The Amcrest AD110 TCP/IP settings (IP = 192.168.1.37). Here too, the IP of the NVR (192.168.1.108) is shown to me again and that's how it works.

AD110_TCP_IP.png

Now I change the IP from the DB61i to

NVR_Solution_1.png

and now It was now possible to integrate the camera into the NVR via Onvif.

NVR_Solution_2.png

:cool: :headbang:

NVR_Fast_Live.png

I don't know why this is the case, but searching for this solution has now cost me more than a day. :rolleyes:

Now I first have to check whether the DB61i still works with all other applications/apps.

Edit: And without the Imou Logo the picture looks much better. :lol:

DB61i_without_Imou_Logo.png

Attachments

Last edited:

ajayjohn

n3wb
Reaction score
Dahua Imou have just pushed a new firmware version:

version=1.000.0000002.1.R,build:2023-08-19

I can confirm that the local HTTP API using CGI is maintained :)
Could you please post a link to the location where you found this? The Dahua Wiki still seems to show the 2022 firmware as the latest.

Galaxy Explorer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Could you please post a link to the location where you found this?
It was pushed from Imou. I did ask Imou support for a copy of the binary but they refused. You could try loading the previous binary as per my earlier post and with any luck you may receive this update. Note these files are European firmware so it may differ for North America versions, typically WiFi power levels are lower.

ajayjohn

n3wb
Reaction score
It was pushed from Imou. I did ask Imou support for a copy of the binary but they refused. You could try loading the previous binary as per my earlier post and with any luck you may receive this update. Note these files are European firmware so it may differ for North America versions, typically WiFi power levels are lower.
Ah, I see. Thank you!

Jim_OS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After the first Imou DB61i from September last year was defective when it was delivered ("cracking" noises from the camera's speaker) and I sent it back, I started a new attempt with a new Imou DB61i a few days ago. So here's an update:

The Imou DB61i had a production date of 01/2024 and the firmware 1.000.0000003.1.R,build:2023-08-19 was already installed.

I have now tested it with the following devices and software:
  • Dahua NVR (Note: There, the Imou DB61i's person and vehicle detection can then also be used as an IVS rule with AI via camera.)
  • Home Assistant per Dahua Addon from rroller and Onvif Integration
  • Synology SS (Integrated via Onvif, or as Generic Dahua, or as Amcrest AD410. If it is integrated as Amcrest AD410, two-way communication is also supported.) :)
  • Dahua SmartPSS
  • Dahua DMSS
  • tinyCam Monitor App

Synology SS
SS_Kamera_Übersicht.png
Dahua NVR KI IVS
DB61i_NVR_KI.png

The new Imou DB61i now works perfectly, apart from the fact that its WiFi is quite weak. Note: A LAN connection is not possible here at my house.
Personally, I like the Imou DB61i much better, especially because I can easily use it with my Dahua NVR and DMSS, than the Reolink Doorbell Wifi, which I had previously tested.

Galaxy Explorer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The DB61 is so underrated, it's far better than anything else on market. Local storage, local API, image resolution is far superior, etc.

Jim_OS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes I agree with you. I just hope that the Imou DB61i doesn't get the same problem with the defective (ballooning) battery as quickly as the identical Amcrest AD410 or the Lorex. :rofl:

AD410_defekter_Akku.png

Since the Dahua addon is not being further developed by rroller, :( the Reolink Doorbell would be a better solution for Home Assistant, but the Reolink Doorbell has (still) too many problems and limitations for me. The fact that the Reolink Doorbell has a WebGUI and that you don't need a cloud connection for the initial setup is of course an advantage for Reolink.

Galaxy Explorer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just hope that the Imou DB61i doesn't get the same problem with the defective (ballooning) battery as quickly as the identical Amcrest AD410 or the Lorex. :rofl:
This is a common problem with all Lithium Ion batteries, so it's not a Dahua thing.

I have the non-battery (hard wired) version, I'd recommend that one! :)

Jim_OS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You're confusing me a little. :) What is a "the non-battery (hard wired) version"? If you have an Imou DB61i (or the identical Amcrest or Lorex), the battery is also installed in it. As far as I know, the battery is required to power an existing doorbell via the chime kit when the doorbell button on the DB61i is pressed. So you could only remove the battery if you don't use an additional bell or door chime. Or is that what you meant by “hard wired”?

The problem with the battery is that it overheats too much and over time it has the effect that it swells and ultimately becomes defective. If there is direct sunlight on the DB61i in summer, causing it to heat up even more, the battery will fail even more quickly.

Galaxy Explorer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I didn't realise the wired version also had an internal battery! :) ... I must say it doesn't get very hot here in London but I can see how that could be problematic with direct sunlight.